WildFact
China has a 270kg Amur tiger - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: China has a 270kg Amur tiger (/topic-china-has-a-270kg-amur-tiger)

China has a 270kg Amur tiger - wcs159583 - 09-16-2022

China has a 270kg Amur tiger, measured by Professor Feng, this tiger's bust even reached 180.

RE: China has a 270kg Amur tiger - Roflcopters - 09-17-2022

can we get some more information? thanks

RE: China has a 270kg Amur tiger - wcs159583 - 09-17-2022

(09-17-2022, 03:36 AM)Roflcopters Wrote: can we get some more information? thanks

What I know is that the tiger was measured by Professor Feng Limin from China. Professor Feng's assistant revealed that the bust of the tiger reached 180cm, which is true.

RE: China has a 270kg Amur tiger - Roflcopters - 09-18-2022

found this video on youtube, can anyone translate this?

RE: China has a 270kg Amur tiger - georgegram - 09-18-2022

Hi Roflopters, I am able to understand the language and i hope i can provide the needed information. 

Throughout this 42 sec video, Dr Feng said that he has seen it personally for the 270 kg siberian tiger, that has been measured. Then he laughed, and repeated himself that he has seen it personally and that the tiger was weighed using scientific equipment. And the last 11 sec of the video he said lets end that topic there.

RE: China has a 270kg Amur tiger - book88 - 09-18-2022

(09-17-2022, 06:45 PM)wcs159583 Wrote:
(09-17-2022, 03:36 AM)Roflcopters Wrote: can we get some more information? thanks

What I know is that the tiger was measured by Professor Feng Limin from China. Professor Feng's assistant revealed that the bust of the tiger reached 180cm, which is true.

This tiger was not measured by Feng Limin himself, he was just a witness. The person who measured the tiger was Feng Limin's colleague, his name was Yang Haitao, here is his profile:https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Haitao-Yang-9

Feng Limin never said that the tiger's bust is 180cm, which is a misinformation.

RE: China has a 270kg Amur tiger - wcs159583 - 09-18-2022

(09-17-2022, 06:45 PM)wcs159583 Wrote:

chest circumference 180 cm

(09-18-2022, 08:22 AM)georgegram Wrote: Hi Roflopters, I am able to understand the language and i hope i can provide the needed information. 

Throughout this 42 sec video, Dr Feng said that he has seen it personally for the 270 kg siberian tiger, that has been measured. Then he laughed, and repeated himself that he has seen it personally and that the tiger was weighed using scientific equipment. And the last 11 sec of the video he said lets end that topic there.

Thank you, i appreciate the help. 

@book88 and @wcs159583 

these revelations are interesting, I would have never known if @wcs159583 didn’t bring this up. makes me happy knowing that Amurs are thriving. did they ever reveal when this male was darted? was this recent or a few years back? thanks everyone.

RE: China has a 270kg Amur tiger - book88 - 09-18-2022

(09-18-2022, 07:53 PM)直升机 Wrote:
(09-18-2022, 08:22 AM)乔治格拉姆 Wrote: Hi Roflopters, I am able to understand the language and i hope i can provide the needed information. 

@book88 and @wcs159583 

these revelations are interesting, I would have never known if @wcs159583 didn’t bring this up. makes me happy knowing that Amurs are thriving. did they ever reveal when this male was darted? was this recent or a few years back? thanks everyone.

Could it be it? I'm not entirely sure.

https://youtu.be/RIuHSWISGL0

RE: China has a 270kg Amur tiger - BorntobeWild - 09-18-2022

(09-18-2022, 07:53 PM)Roflcopters Wrote:
(09-18-2022, 08:22 AM)georgegram Wrote: Hi Roflopters, I am able to understand the language and i hope i can provide the needed information. 

@book88 and @wcs159583 

Chinese is my native language. In this video, Dr. Feng did not mention when the tiger was darted.

RE: China has a 270kg Amur tiger - Pckts - 09-18-2022

Any chance one of you can get body measurements?
180cm chest is far too large for a 270kg Tiger. But I’m not sure exactly what they mean by bust, could be talking about abdominal measurements which would mean the cat is very full bellied. Also the 2nd hand source won’t give us full verification, you’d want to hear from the one involved in the actual weighing of the cat.

(09-18-2022, 09:26 PM)Pckts Wrote: Any chance one of you can get body measurements?
180cm chest is far too large for a 270kg Tiger. But I’m not sure exactly what they mean by bust, could be talking about abdominal measurements which would mean the cat is very full bellied. Also the 2nd hand source won’t give us full verification, you’d want to hear from the one involved in the actual weighing of the cat.

most likely full belly is my best guess. i’d love to know more about this male. also from all the pics that i have seen. Amurs from North East China are very distinctive in their overall appearance. males and females both. they’re bulky with big skulls.

RE: China has a 270kg Amur tiger - BorntobeWild - 09-19-2022

In the video, Dr. Feng said they weighted the tiger scientifically.

On Youtube, there is a video named "Infrared cameras and AI is used for weight and height of the Siberian Tigers" by "TipsXpertz" talking about how they measure a tiger, so they might not dart the tiger at all.

RE: China has a 270kg Amur tiger - Pckts - 09-19-2022

(09-19-2022, 09:06 PM)东方琳琅STD Wrote: In the video, Dr. Feng said they weighted the tiger scientifically.

On Youtube, there is a video named "Infrared cameras and AI is used for weight and height of the Siberian Tigers" by "TipsXpertz" talking about how they measure a tiger, so they might not dart the tiger at all.

If that's the case then the weight wouldn't be verified unfortunately.
Hopefully someone can get in contact with the person involved in the alleged capture.