WildFact
Plains Camp males - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Plains Camp males (/topic-plains-camp-males)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: Plains Camp males - Mapokser - 02-28-2024

@Ttimemarti All 5 West Street Males lived to 10yo.

RE: Plains Camp males - afortich - 03-08-2024

Good father!

RE: Plains Camp males - 1999gc8 - 03-08-2024

(03-08-2024, 06:31 AM)afortich Wrote: Good father!

Every video I've seen with the PC males and cubs they always very patient and loving fathers. 

At the 3 second mark of the video I felt like the PC Male did a very intimidating death look towards the camera lol

RE: Plains Camp males - Ttimemarti - 03-08-2024

Definitely a death look

RE: Plains Camp males - criollo2mil - 03-13-2024

Both PCMs and Ndzengas are in Londooizi today. worth keeping a watchful eye

RE: Plains Camp males - NLAL11 - 03-27-2024

From the Londolozi blog The Week in Pictures

https://blog.londolozi.com/2024/03/22/the-week-in-pictures-641/

In the world of lions, the two Plains Camp Males find a dead giraffe and have a feed, evidence showing that they had chased off the much younger and less experienced Kambula Breakaways.

*This image is copyright of its original author

Brothers in arms. The two Plains Camp Males stare toward a distant roaring as they feed on a deceased giraffe. In the last TWIP, ranger Kirsten Jocelyn found the Thumbela Female feasting on the fallen ruminant, who died seemingly of natural causes. We Found her slinking away from the scene shortly before finding these two behemoths having a feed.

RE: Plains Camp males - criollo2mil - 04-12-2024

The Plains Camp Boys have had an altercation w the Kambulas and have left one of the injured. Still unclear, which one was injured and how badly. More to come soon

RE: Plains Camp males - Mapokser - 04-12-2024

This is very sad, I truly hope the boy fully recovers, he's one of my favorites among the 6... From the Kambulas perspective it is quite a thing that despite their age and numbers they have repeatedly been beaten by PCM, but still insisted on staying around their territory, or close to it, instead of going further north to take over the NK pride already. Until now they had escaped unscathered but this time it seems things went badly for them.

Singita reports, every month, the Kambulas constantly "patrolling" the eastern and northern parts of their reserve, even saying in the last report that they were a threat to the Tsalala female who also is spending a lot of time there, Tsalala who is about to give birth, probably to PCM offspring, so for her this is good news, it'd be perfect if her Kambula sister could leave her brothers and join her under the PCM as well.

As for the PCM's themselves, they are as effective as ever it seems, what a crazily competent ( and "unfortunately" ) aggressive males. They killed 3 Othawa subs, 4 if you include 1/2 Mini-Matimba who disappeared in Singita, then there's Tsalala's mother, a NK subadult female, the Mangheni subadult, 1/4 NK young male, Nhenha, injured Tumbela probably multiple times, NK Birmingham also escaped them a few times, now one of the Kambulas was caught...

All that I can hope now is that even if - hopefully - the Kambula survives, the brothers stay far from west Londolozi and Singita, and go further north already to take over that territory to never come back, both for their sake as well as for the PCM's prides since as long as the Kambulas have at least 3 members, they'll eventually get the upper hand over the PCM.

I suppose I can at least be happy that the PCM are so effectively protecting the Mangheni, Ximhungwe and sort of NK Breakaway prides as well, and maybe even Tsalala... Hopefully the Othawas will be ready to mate soon so the PCM can become their protectors too, instead of a threat because I certainly don't trust the PCM with any female of any age if they are not in heat.

RE: Plains Camp males - Vengeous - 04-12-2024

(04-12-2024, 09:58 AM)Mapokser Wrote: This is very sad, I truly hope the boy fully recovers, he's one of my favorites among the 6... From the Kambulas perspective it is quite a thing that despite their age and numbers they have repeatedly been beaten by PCM, but still insisted on staying around their territory, or close to it, instead of going further north to take over the NK pride already. Until now they had escaped unscathered but this time it seems things went badly for them.

Singita reports, every month, the Kambulas constantly "patrolling" the eastern and northern parts of their reserve, even saying in the last report that they were a threat to the Tsalala female who also is spending a lot of time there, Tsalala who is about to give birth, probably to PCM offspring, so for her this is good news, it'd be perfect if her Kambula sister could leave her brothers and join her under the PCM as well.

As for the PCM's themselves, they are as effective as ever it seems, what a crazily competent ( and "unfortunately" ) aggressive males. They killed 3 Othawa subs, 4 if you include 1/2 Mini-Matimba who disappeared in Singita, then there's Tsalala's mother, a NK subadult female, the Mangheni subadult, 1/4 NK young male, Nhenha, injured Tumbela probably multiple times, NK Birmingham also escaped them a few times, now one of the Kambulas was caught...

All that I can hope now is that even if - hopefully - the Kambula survives, the brothers stay far from west Londolozi and Singita, and go further north already to take over that territory to never come back, both for their sake as well as for the PCM's prides since as long as the Kambulas have at least 3 members, they'll eventually get the upper hand over the PCM.

I suppose I can at least be happy that the PCM are so effectively protecting the Mangheni, Ximhungwe and sort of NK Breakaway prides as well, and maybe even Tsalala... Hopefully the Othawas will be ready to mate soon so the PCM can become their protectors too, instead of a threat because I certainly don't trust the PCM with any female of any age if they are not in heat.
Hi, was it mentioned which Kambula male was caught? You mentioned he's one of your favourites among the 6...

Are there any more details about the attack? If the guide didn't witness it personally, how did he know it happened?

RE: Plains Camp males - Tr1x24 - 04-12-2024

(04-12-2024, 09:58 AM)Mapokser Wrote: This is very sad, I truly hope the boy fully recovers, he's one of my favorites among the 6

If this happened yesterday or recent days it doesnt mean its K6.

K6 is missing since night 6th to 7th.

RE: Plains Camp males - lionuk - 04-12-2024

Jason Street of Sabi Sabi is saying it were the Gijima males who attacked the Kambula male..

RE: Plains Camp males - Tr1x24 - 04-12-2024

(04-12-2024, 01:04 PM)lionuk Wrote: Jason Street of Sabi Sabi is saying it were the Gijima males who attacked the Kambula male..

More info on this? Did Gijimas vent to Londolozi?

RE: Plains Camp males - sik94 - 04-12-2024

PCMs are bad news for any nomads trying to secure their first territory, no matter how many of them there are. I feel like the kind of coalition that might have a chance against them would have to be in a similar position to the Gijimas and Ndzhengas, a couple years of good experience being dominant males where they have been tested repeatedly and came out on top each time.

RE: Plains Camp males - lionuk - 04-12-2024

(04-12-2024, 01:28 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-12-2024, 01:04 PM)lionuk Wrote: Jason Street of Sabi Sabi is saying it were the Gijima males who attacked the Kambula male..

More info on this? Did Gijimas vent to Londolozi?

Correction: Jason Street said that the Kambula males did have a run with the Gijima males three nights' ago. The injured male wasn't with them.

However, Andrea has an update saying that the injured male was seen yesterday afternoon with minor wounds on his back, he doesn't state where he's at. That's all he has at the moment.

RE: Plains Camp males - criollo2mil - 04-12-2024

Plains Camp Male w visible scarring on the face

Presumably from the altercation w the Kambulas