WildFact
Shishangaan Male Lions - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Shishangaan Male Lions (/topic-shishangaan-male-lions)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Shishangaan Male Lions - Brahim - 09-26-2023

Yeah trichardt males are with a good chunk of the pride I know some young male and female were chased off by them yesterday and one trichardt was mating with 2 mananga lioness at same time. I'm trying to find out how many mananga boys are even alive still

RE: Shishangaan Male Lions - lionuk - 09-29-2023

Casper and his brothers on a Zebra kill at Satara Rest Camp
Pic credit: millsgarry

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Shishangaan Male Lions - Brahim - 10-04-2023

Casper 
Credit: Braai safaris

RE: Shishangaan Male Lions - BA0701 - 10-04-2023

(10-04-2023, 05:00 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: Looks like the Darkmaned Pretoriuskop male was also snared early last month.

"There were 3 male lions at Nyamundwa Dam on Doispane road late this afternoon. 5pm ish. One kept rubbing his neck and head in the grass a lot. I could not get a clear shot of him at all but in this blurred pic it looks like he may have a collar or a snare around his neck. Can anyone verify either in case this needs attention..??" 4th September.
Credit: Carol Ann Gillespie

Do we know if this was also reported? In his first post on the picture, he seems unsure what to do, so I am just wondering if someone told him he should report it. Has the Darkmaned Pretoriuskop been seen since? Thank you for sharing this my friend!

RE: Shishangaan Male Lions - BigLion39 - 10-08-2023

(10-04-2023, 06:49 PM)BA0701 Wrote: Do we know if this was also reported? In his first post on the picture, he seems unsure what to do, so I am just wondering if someone told him he should report it. Has the Darkmaned Pretoriuskop been seen since? Thank you for sharing this my friend!

Both Kambulas were seen again, I didn't read that the unrelated male was with them, only 2 brothers. Vets were contacted and on their way to the scene. Thats what I read yesterday afternoon. Hope they get the snares off and find the unrelated male.

RE: Shishangaan Male Lions - Brahim - 10-12-2023

3/4 Shishangaan males recently.
Credit: Debbie Gersbach

RE: Shishangaan Male Lions - Brahim - 10-12-2023

RE: Shishangaan Male Lions - BigLion39 - 10-12-2023

(10-12-2023, 11:32 AM)Brahimlegend Wrote: 3/4 Shishangaan males recently.
Credit: Debbie Gersbach

I think the brother in your 3rd pic looks a lot like Xihamham. Maybe Casper does too.?

RE: Shishangaan Male Lions - Brahim - 10-13-2023

Yeah lately the mohawk one does look more like him now that's he's grown more impressive

RE: Shishangaan Male Lions - Brahim - 10-21-2023

Casper & Bro
Credit: Cvs Photography

RE: Shishangaan Male Lions - Brahim - 10-21-2023

2/4 Shish males
Credit: The experience africa

RE: Shishangaan Male Lions - Horizon - 10-24-2023

RE: Shishangaan Male Lions - Brahim - 11-04-2023

Shishangaans bonding

RE: Shishangaan Male Lions - Wyld@Heart - 11-04-2023

They seem to be spending alot of time in that H6 corner of the territory and every update I've seen of them has been in that area for over a week now and mostly all together as well. Nsemani dam, for example is quite a ways away. In a straight line not a massive, massive distance away but still at least 10km. 

In all honesty I haven't kept up with territory gain and losses in the area, nor their first pride around Satara but if they're still holding all the gains they've made since I saw them in 2021, after a relatively slow start and only being around Satara they must be holding at least 100 Sq km in territory now. Does anyone know if the Satara pride still has the cubs from early last year, they should be around 18 months old now?

RE: Shishangaan Male Lions - BA0701 - 11-04-2023

(11-04-2023, 10:41 PM)Wyld@Heart Wrote: They seem to be spending alot of time in that H6 corner of the territory and every update I've seen of them has been in that area for over a week now and mostly all together as well. Nsemani dam, for example is quite a ways away. In a straight line not a massive, massive distance away but still at least 10km. 

In all honesty I haven't kept up with territory gain and losses in the area, nor their first pride around Satara but if they're still holding all the gains they've made since I saw them in 2021, after a relatively slow start and only being around Satara they must be holding at least 100 Sq km in territory now. Does anyone know if the Satara pride still has the cubs from early last year, they should be around 18 months old now?

100 sq km? That is an enormous area, is that atypical to like sized coalitions?