WildFact
Shishangaan Male Lions - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Shishangaan Male Lions (/topic-shishangaan-male-lions)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Shishangaan Male Lions - Brahim - 06-29-2023

Ghost Casper with one of his Shishangaan brothers and some pride members south of Satara today.
Credit: Estalie Woodley

RE: Shishangaan Male Lions - Spalea - 06-30-2023

Casper, always alert !

" We filmed Casper The White Lion on the 29th of June 2023 walking down the H1-3 all the way from the Sweni Plains area towards Satara Rest camp in Kruger National Park.
What he was doing so far south from his territory we can only guess?
He is in great shape and not limping anymore.
In July Casper will turn nine years old.
We pray and wish Casper many more years of health and prosperity with his three Shishangaan Brothers - Casanova, Mfowethu and footloose.
 "

RE: Shishangaan Male Lions - Spalea - 07-05-2023

Casper is a 9 years old lion, happy birthday !

"Casper The White Lion and his Shish Brothers were born into the Shishangaan Pride in July 2014.
They " Casperwere fathered by 'Xihamham' and his Brother  - The remaining two Kings of the original seven males of the Old Mega Shishangaan Lion Pride.
Update - Recently Xihamham was killed by the two Trichardt males.

Casper and his three Brothers: Casanova, Footloose and Mfowethu currently control the Satara and Nsemani Lion Prides and are often seen around Satara Rest-camp and Nsemani dam in Kruger National Park, South Africa.
Casper the White Lion is ONE of only THREE White Lions currently alive in the wild.
The other two wild White Lions - Male and  and Female - are from the Birmingham Pride and their territory are in the Ngala Private Game Reserve to the west of Kruger National Park some 60 Km west of Satara.
There are rumors that the female recently gave birth to a white cub?

The reason why White Lions are so incredibly rare is because the mating female and the male must both possess the recessive gene called Leucism in order to produce a white lion cub. The likelihood of both lions having this gene is extremely uncommon, which is why these pale-coloured lions are so special.

For Casper to survive in the harsh wilderness for so long can only be described as a miracle! Thank you Casper, the whole world love you and your Brothers!

We wish Casper the white lion a happy 9th birthday.
May the Shish Brothers still have many safe and fruitful years ahead and may they conquer many more Lion Prides with lots of offspring and hopefully a white lion cub or two.
"

RE: Shishangaan Male Lions - BigLion39 - 07-06-2023

Wow 9 years already! Seems time has just flew by this coalition. What prides do these 4 actually control and do they have many cubs? To me it seems they had an extra long nomadic phase where they weren't holding any prides.???

RE: Shishangaan Male Lions - afortich - 07-07-2023

(07-06-2023, 03:56 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: Wow 9 years already! Seems time has just flew by this coalition. What prides do these 4 actually control and do they have many cubs? To me it seems they had an extra long nomadic phase where they weren't holding any prides.???

Not fully sure but when I started to follow casper's coalition, which was about 3 years ago with the information provided by "African Adventures" channel, I believe they didn't dominate any pride. Please feel free to confirm or correct me.

RE: Shishangaan Male Lions - Tr1x24 - 07-07-2023

(07-06-2023, 03:56 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: Wow 9 years already! Seems time has just flew by this coalition. What prides do these 4 actually control and do they have many cubs?

It says in article, Satara and Nsemani pride.

(07-06-2023, 03:56 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: To me it seems they had an extra long nomadic phase where they weren't holding any prides.???

Yes, they become territorial at around 7 yrs, which is quite long time for a coalition of 4, healthy males.

RE: Shishangaan Male Lions - Brahim - 07-22-2023

Casper forgot to do the dishes.
Credit: Malo Safaris

RE: Shishangaan Male Lions - Wyld@Heart - 07-22-2023

(07-22-2023, 03:59 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: Casper forgot to do the dishes.
Credit: Malo Safaris
Wonder what's gone on there? Any context to the interaction i.e. where and which pride? Unusual for an established dominant male in the pride to be mobbed like that.

RE: Shishangaan Male Lions - Brahim - 07-23-2023

Probably Nsemani pride they did this to him while back also

RE: Shishangaan Male Lions - afortich - 07-27-2023

RE: Shishangaan Male Lions - Brahim - 08-03-2023

Biggest Shishangaan male.
Credit: Matt Geri

RE: Shishangaan Male Lions - Brahim - 08-18-2023

Biggest maned Shishangaan, face looks really white here 
Credit: Lusia

RE: Shishangaan Male Lions - Brahim - 08-18-2023

1/4 Shishangaan, smallest also having a xihamham look now.
Credit: Tertia Mann

RE: Shishangaan Male Lions - Brahim - 08-28-2023

Shishangaan males today.
Credit: Elize Bez

RE: Shishangaan Male Lions - Brahim - 08-31-2023

"Casper and his brothers seen on the H1-3 160m S of H6 near Satara. Casper was limping badly. I hope he will be ok. 28/08/2023" -Samantha bradley