WildFact
The Tumbela Coalition - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: The Tumbela Coalition (/topic-the-tumbela-coalition)

RE: The Tumbela Coalition - Tr1x24 - 05-05-2024

(05-05-2024, 05:00 AM)Ngonya Wrote: Apparently Dark Maned Gijima was in Tengile mating with a lioness said to be from the Sand River Pride.

If thats true, then prob is Nkhulus.

RE: The Tumbela Coalition - Mapokser - 05-05-2024

There were people saying NK chased Tumbela off, maybe due to a lioness.

No idea if true, but it'd be a bit surprising.

RE: The Tumbela Coalition - T_Ferguson - 05-05-2024

(05-05-2024, 10:02 PM)Mapokser Wrote: There were people saying NK chased Tumbela off, maybe due to a lioness.

No idea if true, but it'd be a bit surprising.

Now I feel bad for Skorro... he's definitely now out of his comfort zone.  Has he ever been this far south before?

RE: The Tumbela Coalition - Duco Ndona - 05-05-2024

We have seen before that Nym leaves his traveling companions once lionesses enter the picture, so that could have happened again. If it was a fight, we probably wouldn't have seen that desperate contact calling in the video.

RE: The Tumbela Coalition - criollo2mil - 05-14-2024

Tumbela and Nkuhuma in the South Sabi Sand growing more bonded together

RE: The Tumbela Coalition - Tr1x24 - 05-14-2024

(05-14-2024, 04:43 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Tumbela and Nkuhuma in the South Sabi Sand growing more bonded together

These 2 are very close in size, NK is obiviously more muscular atm because of Tumbelas struggle with leg (still we dont know if its only injury, or some disease, like Nkhulus have), but Tumbela in his "prime" from 2021-22 years should be more impressive male of the 2.

RE: The Tumbela Coalition - Robot00 - 05-14-2024

I hope that at this point in time of the NK male's life that he has "finally" found a lasting partner. A partner he's willing bravely to fight for and with. HOPEFULLY...

(05-14-2024, 05:32 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(05-14-2024, 04:43 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Tumbela and Nkuhuma in the South Sabi Sand growing more bonded together

These 2 are very close in size, NK is obiviously more muscular atm because of Tumbelas struggle with leg (still we dont know if its only injury, or some disease, like Nkhulus have), but Tumbela in his "prime" from 2021-22 years should be more impressive male of the 2.
I dont think a prime tumbela is more impressive than NK male. Aside from having a nice mane, skorro jr doesn't look that impressive compared to NK male in size. If the NK male had a full head of hair, he'd be compared impressively to the PCM

RE: The Tumbela Coalition - Go131810 - 05-14-2024

(05-14-2024, 06:05 PM)Robot00 Wrote: I hope that at this point in time of the NK male's life that he has "finally" found a lasting partner. A partner he's willing bravely to fight for and with. HOPEFULLY...

(05-14-2024, 05:32 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

I dont think a prime tumbela is more impressive than NK male. Aside from having a nice mane, skorro jr doesn't look that impressive compared to NK male in size. If the NK male had a full head of hair, he'd be compared impressively to the PCM

Are the Nukhuma male lion and the Tumbela male lion still together? How old is the Tumbela male lion? Isn’t he not 10 or 11 years of age? Or is he 9 years of age I am not sure?

(05-14-2024, 08:43 PM)Go131810 Wrote: How old is the Tumbela male lion? Isn’t he not 10 or 11 years of age? Or is he 9 years of age I am not sure?

He is just over 8 yrs old.

RE: The Tumbela Coalition - Mapokser - 05-14-2024

I hope this time the coalition works out.

NK is much bulkier and has a longer body, Tumbela was always a slender male even when he was dominant, before injuring his leg. Though currently he's rarely on his top form, but regardless the only thing he ever had on NK was mane.

RE: The Tumbela Coalition - Cath2020 - 05-14-2024

Just wonderful!! Tumbela is looking better than I thought.  He's obviously got a bum left hip, but it's not making him limp very heavily yet.  Almost like the BYM walk.... But if attacked, could quickly worsen.  Hoping he has at least a couple of decent years ahead to potentially raise one more generation with the NK Male.

He's FINALLY let go of the western sector!!!  He just needed to leave on his own terms.

(05-14-2024, 10:17 PM)Mapokser Wrote: Tumbela was always a slender male even when he was dominant, before injuring his leg.

I dont think he was, he was very bulky and muscular.

RE: The Tumbela Coalition - Mapokser - 05-14-2024

I disagree, he was always slender, but tall.

When NK and Nhenha arrived in the West the guides said Nhenha was bigger than him ( and guides even saw them fighting and chasing each other ), Nhenha was 12yo at the time and NK's size.

When they met with the Ximhungwe, Tumbela was basically in peak condition and NK was still bulkier and seemingly quite stronger as Tumbela couldn't push him off the kill despite being more dominant.

Tumbela is as tall as any other, NK, PCM... But he was never a bulky, muscular lion.

(05-14-2024, 11:25 PM)Mapokser Wrote: When they met with the Ximhungwe, Tumbela was basically in peak condition and NK was still bulkier and seemingly quite stronger as Tumbela couldn't push him off the kill despite being more dominant.

He was not in peak condition, he already had limp and was often seen in skinny condition.

(05-14-2024, 11:25 PM)Mapokser Wrote: Tumbela is as tall as any other, NK, PCM... But he was never a bulky, muscular lion.

Well I disagree, maybe he didnt had muscles like PCMs, but was bulky lion at his peak, to me atleast.

RE: The Tumbela Coalition - afortich - 05-15-2024

So happy that these 2 boys are together.