WildFact
The Tumbela Coalition - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: The Tumbela Coalition (/topic-the-tumbela-coalition)

RE: The Tumbela Coalition - Tonpa - 05-14-2021

Got a response from Diff, he said "He was still alive when I left which was last week Sunday and I believe he's still going"

RE: The Tumbela Coalition - lionuk - 05-14-2021

(05-14-2021, 01:01 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Got a response from Diff, he said "He was still alive when I left which was last week Sunday and I believe he's still going"

RE: The Tumbela Coalition - lionuk - 05-14-2021

(05-14-2021, 01:03 PM)lionuk Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 01:01 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Got a response from Diff, he said "He was still alive when I left which was last week Sunday and I believe he's still going"
That's fantastic to know! Hopefully we will see all three of them together soon, which is crucial for Othawa Pride, since they have new cubs to protect.

RE: The Tumbela Coalition - Tr1x24 - 05-14-2021

(05-14-2021, 01:05 PM)lionuk Wrote: That's fantastic to know! Hopefully we will see all three of them together soon, which is crucial for Othawa Pride, since they have new cubs to protect.

I think that Tumbelas are now in great situation territory wise for quite some time, with demise of OM, potential new coalitions in the area will most like go for Mhangeni pride and wont push further west. 

But its questionable how long will they be satisfied with Othawas, and if no roar from the east might be enough for them to go explore that area..

RE: The Tumbela Coalition - Tonpa - 05-16-2021

Limper making some noise

RE: The Tumbela Coalition - lionuk - 05-16-2021

(05-14-2021, 01:12 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 01:05 PM)lionuk Wrote: That's fantastic to know! Hopefully we will see all three of them together soon, which is crucial for Othawa Pride, since they have new cubs to protect.

I think that Tumbelas are now in great situation territory wise for quite some time, with demise of OM, potential new coalitions in the area will most like go for Mhangeni pride and wont push further west. 

But its questionable how long will they be satisfied with Othawas, and if no roar from the east might be enough for them to go explore that area..

I think it would be good if Nukhuma Male and Styx Male try to take over Mhangeni Pride as they are age-wise and ready for a pride. I am not sure where they are right now, but, you know, OM chased them away from the area two weeks' ago. They might attempt to return that area..

RE: The Tumbela Coalition - Tr1x24 - 05-16-2021

(05-16-2021, 02:10 AM)lionuk Wrote: I think it would be good if Nukhuma Male and Styx Male try to take over Mhangeni Pride as they are age-wise and ready for a pride. I am not sure where they are right now, but, you know, OM chased them away from the area two weeks' ago. They might attempt to return that area..

Im cheering for that also, as 2 inexperienced males might not kill OM's cubs, unlike some dominant and older males like Avocas..

RE: The Tumbela Coalition - Potato - 05-16-2021

The Tumbela male mating with a Othawa female.

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: The Tumbela Coalition - Tonpa - 05-16-2021

From the same encounter maybe 
by drikussnyders

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: The Tumbela Coalition - lionuk - 05-17-2021

Looks like it is Limper. Filmed on 15th May.

RE: The Tumbela Coalition - lionuk - 05-21-2021

I had a live chat with diffmarimane earlier today and he said he wasn't able to capture a footage or a picture of Scar Tumbela today because Scar was in thick thicket along with his two brothers, two lionesses and 3 cubs, though Limper and Auntie Othawa had came out for a little while before moving back in. Also, according to diffmarimane, Junior's mum wasn't there with the group because she was still denning.

RE: The Tumbela Coalition - Cunaguaro - 05-23-2021

The Tumbela males, roaring side by side with the veteran pride "Othawa".

The good news is this family has given birth to three cubs now after more than two years being free of any cubs. The Othawa pride consists of three lionesses, one of them at age of six, sired by Majinglane males, and the other two lionesses are advance in age by the day they are now at age of +13/14 and sired by the famous Mapogos.

Sabi Sands, South Africa.
Clip credit: @ginajovanna

RE: The Tumbela Coalition - Duco Ndona - 05-23-2021

Ehrm they successfully raised 4 cubs in the past 2 years. I think only Jr's mom lost her cubs a few months ago.

RE: The Tumbela Coalition - Tr1x24 - 05-23-2021

(05-23-2021, 01:28 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Ehrm they successfully raised 4 cubs in the past 2 years. I think only Jr's mom lost her cubs a few months ago.

Jr mom didn't lost any cubs as she didn't have them..

RE: The Tumbela Coalition - Duco Ndona - 05-23-2021

I guess that explains why we never saw them.