WildFact
EverseenSA Lion video`s - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: EverseenSA Lion video`s (/topic-everseensa-lion-video-s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

EverseenSA Lion video`s - EverseenSA - 11-18-2020

This thread will be used to show only lion videos taken by myself. Feel free to share or help me identify them. Most of them will be youtube videos but I will share short clips directly as well. Thank you for sharing a passion. 

This here is DinoKeng, Welgevonden game reserve where I spent most of the lockdown and have a lot of knowledge about Dinokeng and Tembe his rival. 

RE: EverseenSA Lion video`s - EverseenSA - 11-18-2020

Curios Tembe sniffing the camera!

RE: EverseenSA Lion video`s - EverseenSA - 11-18-2020

1 of the Machaton males - I however do not know which one but would like to know more about him :) 

RE: EverseenSA Lion video`s - Timbavati - 11-18-2020

(11-18-2020, 11:28 PM)EverseenSA Wrote: 1 of the Machaton males - I however do not know which one but would like to know more about him :) 

This it's the healthiest Machaton male.
The other two are looking in a bit bad shape and bruised. One has TB and the injured hip and the other a blind-eye and lossed some mane.
Great sighting

RE: EverseenSA Lion video`s - EverseenSA - 11-19-2020

(11-18-2020, 11:49 PM)TinoArmando Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 11:28 PM)EverseenSA Wrote: 1 of the Machaton males - I however do not know which one but would like to know more about him :) 

The other two are looking in a bit bad shape and bruised. One has TB and the injured hip and the other a blind-eye and lossed some mane.
Great sighting

I think I filmed the one with the hip injury, I will post a video soon. Stole a zebra kill from lionesses in the balule area.

RE: EverseenSA Lion video`s - BA0701 - 11-19-2020

Very nice work @EverseenSA you are very good at your craft. Welcome to the wonderful WildFact community, and thank you for sharing your efforts here with so many others who share in your passion for these beautiful, intriguing creatures! They never do cease to amaze.

RE: EverseenSA Lion video`s - Shadow - 11-19-2020

(11-19-2020, 12:55 AM)EverseenSA Wrote:

Great sighting

I think I filmed the one with the hip injury, I will post a video soon. Stole a zebra kill from lionesses in the balule area.

Do you meet ever with veterinarian teams working with wild lions or field researchers studying lions there? I wonder if you get some weight information or maybe you already know some figures about some lions? There are so many handsome lions, but not too much information about shoulder heigths, body lengths and weights, which are somewhat interesting.

(11-19-2020, 01:56 AM)BA0701 Wrote: Very nice work @EverseenSA you are very good at your craft. Welcome to the wonderful WildFact community, and thank you for sharing your efforts here with so many others who share in your passion for these beautiful, intriguing creatures! They never do cease to amaze.

Thank you! Appreciate it! I will do my best to always update you all on the journey. If there are any questions about those days that I filmed, feel free to ask!

(11-19-2020, 02:39 AM)Shadow Wrote:

Great sighting

Do you meet ever with veterinarian teams working with wild lions or field researchers studying lions there? I wonder if you get some weight information or maybe you already know some figures about some lions? There are so many handsome lions, but not too much information about shoulder heigths, body lengths and weights, which are somewhat interesting.

I can definitely do that. I will find out more specific details on the lions we encounter. I will be there in the end of January and February filming and I will get more specific information.

Here we have Junior of the nkuhuma pride. 

RE: EverseenSA Lion video`s - Shadow - 11-21-2020

(11-19-2020, 03:43 PM)EverseenSA Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 02:39 AM)Shadow Wrote:

Great sighting

I can definitely do that. I will find out more specific details on the lions we encounter. I will be there in the end of January and February filming and I will get more specific information.

It would be nice. When animals are weighed people here always ask if stomach content was considered in some way when weighed. Lions can eat so much that it would be relevant to know at least if gorged or not. Naturally weight with empty stomach is most interesting always if possible to know.

RE: EverseenSA Lion video`s - Timbavati - 11-22-2020

(11-19-2020, 03:44 PM)EverseenSA Wrote: Here we have Junior of the nkuhuma pride. 

What a incredible video of Junior of the Nkuhuma Pride letting his presence known.
Once again,Thanks for sharing such incredible videos

RE: EverseenSA Lion video`s - EverseenSA - 11-24-2020

Koppies pride in camp. This was the last time we saw all 7 lion cubs together. 
Filmed 5 September 2020

RE: EverseenSA Lion video`s - Timbavati - 11-24-2020

(11-24-2020, 07:19 PM)EverseenSA Wrote: Koppies pride in camp. This was the last time we saw all 7 lion cubs together. 
Filmed 5 September 2020

Awesome video Charlie. Thank you very much for sharing. 
When Junior was quenching their thirst and the Koppies cubs have approaching at him it was truly AMAZING!

RE: EverseenSA Lion video`s - BA0701 - 11-25-2020

(11-24-2020, 07:19 PM)EverseenSA Wrote: Koppies pride in camp. This was the last time we saw all 7 lion cubs together. 
Filmed 5 September 2020

@EverseenSA Once again some fantastic video, what an incredible interaction. So puzzling how Junior could be with them one day, and killing/eating one of the lionesses the next.