WildFact
Birmingham Pride of lions - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Birmingham Pride of lions (/topic-birmingham-pride-of-lions)

RE: Birmingham Pride of lions - BA0701 - 05-29-2021

(05-29-2021, 01:09 AM)Tonpa Wrote:
(05-29-2021, 01:06 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(05-29-2021, 12:20 AM)Tonpa Wrote: I do hope things go well for them. They seem to be scattered all over the place, we had 3 of them on stream today, the white female and two tawny males. (Not sure what happened to the white male after he got chased this morning)
The guide also mentioned White Dot wasn't in good condition, and that she was struggling to keep up with the pride.

How old is White Dot now?

Not sure to be honest, I've heard the guides say both 12 and 14 years old and today they said she's 17 years old

Thank you for the response. I knew she had some years behind her, just wasn't sure how many.

RE: Birmingham Pride of lions - Tonpa - 05-30-2021

The Pink Birmingham Male 

RE: Birmingham Pride of lions - BA0701 - 05-30-2021

(05-30-2021, 01:32 AM)Tonpa Wrote: The Pink Birmingham Male 

Has he been eating, or did the Ross males catch up with him yesterday?

(05-30-2021, 12:33 PM)BA0701 Wrote:

It's an older sighting I believe, but posted yesterday, taken around April

Back to square one, the Birmingham youngsters back with one of the Ross Males - The guide mentioned they've been chasing them for the past 5 days, the youngsters didn't get too close to him. 

I guess its mainly the darker maned ross male they're avoiding? 

*This image is copyright of its original author

(05-30-2021, 01:52 PM)Tonpa Wrote:
(05-30-2021, 12:33 PM)BA0701 Wrote:

It's an older sighting I believe, but posted yesterday, taken around April

I recall him being with that breakaway group around that same time frame, sporting a new gash in his forehead. I don't see that cut in this image, but these past few months have been rather hard on this young male either way. Regardless, that white fur sure does contrast with that blood, doesn't it?

(05-30-2021, 01:57 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Back to square one, the Birmingham youngsters back with one of the Ross Males - The guide mentioned they've been chasing them for the past 5 days, the youngsters didn't get too close to him. 

Yep, that'd be Tyson, the dark maned lion, the same one who was the bane of BYM's existence for the longest time (even appears to continue to this day), and the same one the guides often refer to as "The Mean Ross Male".

RE: Birmingham Pride of lions - T I N O - 05-30-2021

(05-30-2021, 02:07 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(05-30-2021, 01:57 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Back to square one, the Birmingham youngsters back with one of the Ross Males - The guide mentioned they've been chasing them for the past 5 days, the youngsters didn't get too close to him. 

Yep, that'd be Tyson, the dark maned lion, the same one who was the bane of BYM's existence for the longest time (even appears to continue to this day), and the same one the guides often refer to as "The Mean Ross Male".
Fabio also chased them off, Seems that both Ross males are being intolerant now

RE: Birmingham Pride of lions - Duco Ndona - 05-30-2021

It apparently didn't last long. The male cubs probably should get the hint and get out.

https://www.facebook.com/104451098088447/posts/268854238314798/

RE: Birmingham Pride of lions - lionuk - 05-30-2021

The one of the two Ross males with the Subadult Birmingham Lions

RE: Birmingham Pride of lions - BA0701 - 05-31-2021

(05-30-2021, 06:40 PM)Timbavati Wrote:
(05-30-2021, 02:07 PM)BA0701 Wrote:

Fabio also chased them off, Seems that both Ross males are being intolerant now

Yeah, I saw in that video he was right behind Tyson. Given his past with how tolerant he was with BYM, I was a bit surprised when I saw that.

RE: Birmingham Pride of lions - BA0701 - 05-31-2021

(05-30-2021, 11:14 PM)lionuk Wrote: The one of the two Ross males with the Subadult Birmingham Lions

Were there 3 subadult males in that group? I thought, for some reason there were the two, including the white male, and that BYM was with them as well. Is the 3rd male he is referring to as missing BYM? I wouldn't consider him a sub adult any longer, but that will be very concerning if that is who he is referring to as missing, and speculating he might be dead, especially given his history.

RE: Birmingham Pride of lions - Tonpa - 05-31-2021

(05-31-2021, 08:17 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(05-30-2021, 11:14 PM)lionuk Wrote: The one of the two Ross males with the Subadult Birmingham Lions

Were there 3 subadult males in that group? I thought, for some reason there were the two, including the white male, and that BYM was with them as well. Is the 3rd male he is referring to as missing BYM? I wouldn't consider him a sub adult any longer, but that will be very concerning if that is who he is referring to as missing, and speculating he might be dead, especially given his history.

Yeah 3, there should be 1 white subadult, 2 tawny sub-adults and then BYM that make up the boys - the other tawny male and BYM are both missing in this clip

RE: Birmingham Pride of lions - T I N O - 05-31-2021

The 3 Giraffe males with "Stompie" Birmingham lioness. After they left the pride they settled in the south of Timbavati. They are sometimes with another younger male from the same mother and one of the Avoca pride males.
Image by: Ziggi Hugo

RE: Birmingham Pride of lions - Potato - 05-31-2021