WildFact
Birmingham Pride of lions - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Birmingham Pride of lions (/topic-birmingham-pride-of-lions)

RE: Birmingham Pride of lions - BA0701 - 05-07-2021

(05-07-2021, 08:06 AM)Timbavati Wrote: The Birmingham young male seen this morning at AndBeyond Ngala Private Game Reserve with Japie AM Drive

*This image is copyright of its original author

Not sure where, or how he's getting his meals, but he doesn't appear hungry at all. Really makes me happy to see.

RE: Birmingham Pride of lions - Tr1x24 - 05-07-2021

(05-07-2021, 07:42 PM)BA0701 Wrote: Not sure where, or how he's getting his meals, but he doesn't appear hungry at all. Really makes me happy to see.

He can hunt.

RE: Birmingham Pride of lions - T I N O - 05-07-2021

(05-07-2021, 07:42 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 08:06 AM)Timbavati Wrote: The Birmingham young male seen this morning at AndBeyond Ngala Private Game Reserve with Japie AM Drive

Not sure where, or how he's getting his meals, but he doesn't appear hungry at all. Really makes me happy to see.

Somehow he is hunting some preys, of which is good, As seem that his leg isn't a problem

RE: Birmingham Pride of lions - Tonpa - 05-07-2021

He's big enough to bully the local leopards/cheetahs/hyenas from their food too

RE: Birmingham Pride of lions - RookiePundit - 05-07-2021

Thinking about it, I don't even remember hyenas on Ngala being shown on Wilde Earth - lions, leopards, cheetahs and even jackals and ofc numerous birds of prey yes, but no hyena sighting afair. (not counting wild dogs, they just travel through, recently Pungwe pack went all the way around far west into Balule, same pack that sometimes crossing northern parts of Sabi Sands that WE covers) Maybe they are less numerous than elsewhere and less of a factor, considering hwo succeful and fairly sedentary Brimingham pride and its offshoots are. Ofc if you can get white lions sighting you pick that over hyenas all the time. Maybe there is a den in the southern hard to access parts of Ngala or none at all. Would be more meat to steal from other predators if there is not strong hyena presence (I would assume hyena getting to the kill quicker than even a normally walking lion and eating a big chunk of it if they can get it from whatever made the kill)

RE: Birmingham Pride of lions - BA0701 - 05-07-2021

(05-07-2021, 09:22 PM)RookiePundit Wrote: Thinking about it, I don't even remember hyenas on Ngala being shown on Wilde Earth - lions, leopards, cheetahs and even jackals and ofc numerous birds of prey yes, but no hyena sighting afair. (not counting wild dogs, they just travel through, recently Pungwe pack went all the way around far west into Balule, same pack that sometimes crossing northern parts of Sabi Sands that WE covers) Maybe they are less numerous than elsewhere and less of a factor, considering hwo succeful and fairly sedentary Brimingham pride and its offshoots are. Ofc if you can get white lions sighting you pick that over hyenas all the time. Maybe there is a den in the southern hard to access parts of Ngala or none at all. Would be more meat to steal from other predators if there is not strong hyena presence (I would assume hyena getting to the kill quicker than even a normally walking lion and eating a big chunk of it if they can get it from whatever made the kill)

Great observation, and if your summation is correct, then that would certainly make the life of a lone male lion, in that area, an easier prospect.

RE: Birmingham Pride of lions - lionuk - 05-09-2021

Beautiful sister of the Birmingham Young Male.

RE: Birmingham Pride of lions - Tonpa - 05-10-2021

Birmingham spliter group around orpen gate yesterday by Melanie Braun Kleynhans

RE: Birmingham Pride of lions - T I N O - 05-10-2021

(05-10-2021, 02:16 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Birmingham spliter group around orpen gate yesterday by Melanie Braun Kleynhans

The stunning white-dot and the sub-adults members

RE: Birmingham Pride of lions - T I N O - 05-10-2021

Members of the Birmingham breakaway pride - These members are spending majority of their time on Orpen/KNP, except for the 1 year old cub in the last image, he's on Ngala with the main Birmingham pride and the Ross males - To not get confused, there's three Birmingham breakaway prides that have been break-away through the years, the Nharu pride on Manyeleti break-away from the Birmingham pride in 2015/2016, then, the Birmingham break-away pride leaded by Stompie/Tailess lioness, and most recently, the current Birmingham break-away pride with the two white lions, who are being leading by the lioness known as white dot (oldest lioness born around 2006/7) and his sister.
Photo credits goes to: Wildlife by Mario
Ngala Tented Camp,May 09,2021.

RE: Birmingham Pride of lions - Cunaguaro - 05-10-2021

VIDEO: Birmingham Pride Sub Group led by White Dot seen between Orpen Gate and Reception yesterday 8/5/21.
Sunlight beaming down on them is spectacular. 
VC: Callieice
https://www.facebook.com/1022339812/videos/10222862277518453/

RE: Birmingham Pride of lions - T I N O - 05-11-2021

The young Birmingham male!
credit: Genna Fulcher

RE: Birmingham Pride of lions - T I N O - 05-11-2021

One of the Ross males playing with one of the  Birmingham cubs
image credit: Roan du Plessis