WildFact
Nharhu Male Lions - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Nharhu Male Lions (/topic-nharhu-male-lions)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Nharhu Male Lions - Tr1x24 - 04-21-2022

Based of this post, Skorokoro tried to kill a young male sub, not sure which pride is this, did some sub tried to join River Pride or if last Nharhu male found new pride :

RE: Nharhu Male Lions - criollo2mil - 04-21-2022

(04-21-2022, 06:44 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Based of this post, Skorokoro tried to kill a young male sub, not sure which pride is this, did some sub tried to join River Pride or if last Nharhu male found new pride :

I believe that’s Western Pride.   The cub is offspring of the Skorro Males

RE: Nharhu Male Lions - Tr1x24 - 04-21-2022

(04-21-2022, 07:12 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: I believe that’s Western Pride.   The cub is offspring of the Skorro Males

Or maybe Old River Pride males, both of them have been seen hanging with Western Pride in recent years.

RE: Nharhu Male Lions - Gavskrr - 05-14-2022

Skorokoro continues to succeed as a solo male, now with new cubs in Western Pride and in the company of a sub-adult son of the skorro males whom he appears to have adopted 
Credit: @ Motswari_life

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Nharhu Male Lions - DARK MANE - 05-14-2022

(05-14-2022, 07:55 AM)Gavskrr Wrote: Skorokoro continues to succeed as a solo male, now with new cubs in Western Pride and in the company of a sub-adult son of the skorro males whom he appears to have adopted 

Is this son of current skorro males?? 
Then he must be matima grandsin 
Isn't it. 
And what about river pride? 
Scorocoro male left them undefended??

RE: Nharhu Male Lions - Gavskrr - 05-14-2022

(05-14-2022, 09:48 AM)DARK MANE Wrote:
(05-14-2022, 07:55 AM)Gavskrr Wrote: Skorokoro continues to succeed as a solo male, now with new cubs in Western Pride and in the company of a sub-adult son of the skorro males whom he appears to have adopted 

Is this son of current skorro males?? 
Then he must be matima grandsin 
Isn't it. 
And what about river pride? 
Scorocoro male left them undefended??

yes son of the current skorro males, he has been more with western pride lately for being a mating opportunity so he is dominant over two prides, western pride and river pride, I don't know the exact number of river pride pups at the moment but I think they lost some recently.

RE: Nharhu Male Lions - Potato - 06-09-2022

RE: Nharhu Male Lions - lionuk - 06-30-2022

The gaze from King Skorokoro
Credit: Tanda Tula

RE: Nharhu Male Lions - T I N O - 06-30-2022

(06-30-2022, 04:17 PM)lionuk Wrote: The gaze from King Skorokoro
Credit: Tanda Tula

A true survivor. Skorokoro.

RE: Nharhu Male Lions - Gavskrr - 10-02-2022

The last Nharhu male, Skorokoro in top form.
Credits: Ntsiri Private Reserve

RE: Nharhu Male Lions - BigLion39 - 10-02-2022

Hes  Looking good!

RE: Nharhu Male Lions - Gavskrr - 10-18-2022

Skorokoro, I don't know who the rival is but it looks pretty big he did well, his injury doesn't influence much when he's in warm blood.

We were front centre in the hair-raising action this morning right here at the Motswari soccer field. Early hours, we heard some commotion and naturally investigated on game drive. An intruder from the North, we are not 100% certain who, came into our Nharhu male’s territory. Injury and all, our Nharhu male held his ground and protected his own like you cannot believe. He was hot on the heels of this intruder and chased him all the way back where he came from. The trespasser had bloody wounds on his face, whilst our resident male had neither a scratch nor a drop of blood on him. Even the giraffes swiftly got out of the way of this fight. Astonishingly, our resident Nharhu male defended his territory, walked away in victory and proved just how much endurance and strength he has despite being physically injured. What an incredible sighting, the adrenaline was pumping as we got caught up in the middle of the chase! ?.
" target="_blank" class="post_link">

RE: Nharhu Male Lions - Tr1x24 - 10-18-2022

(10-18-2022, 09:50 PM)Gavskrr Wrote: Skorokoro, I don't know who the rival is but it looks pretty big he did well, his injury doesn't influence much when he's in warm blood.

Yea, that intruding male is beautiful, he is not 1/3 River pride males?

RE: Nharhu Male Lions - Gavskrr - 10-18-2022

(10-18-2022, 09:58 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(10-18-2022, 09:50 PM)Gavskrr Wrote: Skorokoro, I don't know who the rival is but it looks pretty big he did well, his injury doesn't influence much when he's in warm blood.

Yea, that intruding male is beautiful, he is not 1/3 River pride males?

To be honest I don't have any comparison pictures but one of the River pride males was in motswari at the end of august so it is likely that he is one of them.
It's not the best comparison photo, but it looks like what's in the background.
credit: Esmareth Knight

RE: Nharhu Male Lions - afortich - 10-18-2022

The intruder is a good looking lion.