WildFact
Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage (/topic-birmingham-coalition-male-lineage)

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Robot00 - 10-24-2023

It seems their confidence to challenge for prides is not as strong as their fathers/uncles. iirc the bboys were their age or younger and had blonde manes when they came down S.S challenging everything. Even scrappy looked younger and smaller than k6

I want to see these boys do what lion coalitions do

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Ttimemarti - 10-24-2023

(10-24-2023, 12:45 AM)Robot00 Wrote: It seems their confidence to challenge for prides is not as strong as their fathers/uncles. iirc the bboys were their age or younger and had blonde manes when they came down S.S challenging everything. Even scrappy looked younger and smaller than k6

I want to see these boys do what lion coalitions do

Just about every pride is related to them and if they do takeover a pride they’ll kill the cubs so I’d rather them take their time the talamati pride would’ve been perfect but they are settled down with the gijimas

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Mapokser - 10-24-2023

@Tr1x24 I think the other 2 only looked big in the video where they killed that subadult, overall they look average and don't seem bigger than their partner. However K4 always looks much more impressive than his brothers.

Still, it's impossible to know for sure.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Duco Ndona - 10-24-2023

They are just animals living their lives.

They are under no obligation to live up to any expectations we project on to them.

(10-24-2023, 01:53 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: They are just animals living their lives.

They are under no obligation to live up to any expectations we project on to them.

Yes i know but I wouldn’t want sabi sands to end up like manyleti and timbavti with inbreeding

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 10-24-2023

(10-24-2023, 01:51 AM)Mapokser Wrote: @Tr1x24 I think the other 2 only looked big in the video where they killed that subadult, overall they look average and don't seem bigger than their partner. However K4 always looks much more impressive than his brothers.

We can tell that K4 is most impressive looking of the 6 atm, but we cant know if he is bigger then 2 older ones, we cant judge size like that, comparing random from pictures/videos.

K1 and K2 where always bigger then them, ofc they are older few months.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - BigLion39 - 10-24-2023

(10-24-2023, 02:02 AM)Ttimemarti Wrote: Yes i know but I wouldn’t want sabi sands to end up like manyleti and timbavti with inbreeding

Hate to break it to ya my friend but I would put good money down on most lions in SS related generations back. That doesn't mean its that bad, depends on how close the lions inbred/line bred. Plus felines aren't like humans and although it isn't great it isn't that terrible. I mean sons with moms, stuff like that not good like Mbiri pride but what are we to do?

(10-24-2023, 11:21 AM)BigLion39 Wrote:
(10-24-2023, 02:02 AM)Ttimemarti Wrote: Yes i know but I wouldn’t want sabi sands to end up like manyleti and timbavti with inbreeding

Hate to break it to ya my friend but I would put good money down on most lions in SS related generations back. That doesn't mean its that bad, depends on how close the lions inbred/line bred. Plus felines aren't like humans and although it isn't great it isn't that terrible. I mean sons with moms, stuff like that not good like Mbiri pride but what are we to do?

Not really and even if they are we can track back 25 years to see who is related to who from the end of the west street males to the rise of the mapogo but what I’m saying is it’s not a good idea to make it worse but there is nothing anyone can do

There is always the option of relocation.
Which is bad, but still better than culling.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 10-24-2023

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Horizon - 10-24-2023

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Horizon - 10-24-2023

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Rabubi - 10-24-2023

(10-24-2023, 12:37 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: There is always the option of relocation.
Which is bad, but still better than culling.

The best thing to do is just let Mother Nature play things out. Relocation tends to happen when one area needs more lions. Relocation would be unfeasible in the case of the Greater KNP as there is already a viable population of lions in the area. Plus, relocating them to stock other reserves would also not be a viable option because a significant number of KNP lions have Bovine tuberculosis (which affects individuals to varying degrees).

Keep in mind that due to the closed off nature of the reserve. Nature cant take its course to correct inbreeding. Making issues like TBC only worse in the future.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - BA0701 - 10-24-2023

(10-24-2023, 04:51 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

That account is private, making the post unable to be viewed by anyone who has not been accepted by the poster.