WildFact
Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage (/topic-birmingham-coalition-male-lineage)

RE: BBoys sons - Slayerd - 10-15-2020

Great find on Facebook of the Torchwood Young Male in August 2017. He is on the right. What do you estimate his age is based off this?

RE: BBoys sons - Tr1x24 - 10-15-2020

(10-15-2020, 05:41 AM)Slayerd Wrote: Great find on Facebook of the Torchwood Young Male in August 2017. He is on the right. What do you estimate his age is based off this?

His age is known, he is born around mid to late 2016 ( ~ August, September) .. He is around 1 yrs old on that photo.

Nkuhuma is born in July, then Torchwood, then Styx few month later in late 2016..

(10-15-2020, 01:03 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(10-15-2020, 05:41 AM)Slayerd Wrote: Great find on Facebook of the Torchwood Young Male in August 2017. He is on the right. What do you estimate his age is based off this?

His age is known, he is born around mid to late 2016 ( ~ August, September) .. He is around 1 yrs old on that photo.

Nkuhuma is born in July, then Torchwood, then Styx few month later in late 2016..

No you've got it way wrong here @Tr1x24. Number 1, this boy does not look a year old. This looks like he is at the most only 7-8 months old. You said their birth dates as if was confirmed. It hasn't. The Torchwood Male is born around the end of 2016 and start of 2017 just based on a Video I saw of the cubs and Nhenha in 2017 and in the Video, the cubs were varrying in size between 6 months to 11 months. None of them looked a year old. And the Styx cubs are very confusing because the Styx had cubs in 2016 and 2017. So the Styx Young Male could be in any of the 2. The Styx and Torchwood males are around the same age. The Nkuhuma Young Male on the other hand is said to be born June/July 2016. So he is half a year older than the other 2.

RE: BBoys sons - Timbavati - 10-15-2020

(10-15-2020, 05:33 PM)Slayerd Wrote:

No you've got it way wrong here @Tr1x24. Number 1, this boy does not look a year old. This looks like he is at the most only 7-8 months old. You said their birth dates as if was confirmed. It hasn't. The Torchwood Male is born around the end of 2016 and start of 2017 just based on a Video I saw of the cubs and Nhenha in 2017 and in the Video, the cubs were varrying in size between 6 months to 11 months. None of them looked a year old. And the Styx cubs are very confusing because the Styx had cubs in 2016 and 2017. So the Styx Young Male could be in any of the 2. The Styx and Torchwood males are around the same age. The Nkuhuma Young Male on the other hand is said to be born June/July 2016. So he is half a year older than the other 2.

I think that 1 year old could be very accurate. at that age the young males starting to develop a small mane. Just as the Othawa cubs (Matimba sons). to the 11 months old he had a nice small mane.

(10-15-2020, 05:41 PM)TinoArmando Wrote:

I think that 1 year old could be very accurate. at that age the young males starting to develop a small mane. Just as the Othawa cubs (Matimba sons). to the 11 months old he had a nice small mane.

Even a young cub can have a small mane and this boy definitely doesn't have a stand out mane where is starting to fully coming through. He basically just has a little fur around his neck. This can even be evident in 6 month cubs. Also based of his size and face, he does not look 1 year old. He looks near that age but definitely not that age. Between 8-10 months seems the most likely here.

(10-15-2020, 06:22 PM)Slayerd Wrote:

Even a young cub can have a small mane and this boy definitely doesn't have a stand out mane where is starting to fully coming through. He basically just has a little fur around his neck. This can even be evident in 6 month cubs. Also based of his size and face, he does not look 1 year old. He looks near that age but definitely not that age. Between 8-10 months seems the most likely here.
We can't compare the age of him just by his size. He isn't even up. Just sitting over a mound. And I doubt that a "young cub" can has a mane as the Torchwood male has on that picture. at least isn't possible.

At the moment I stay behind my words. 1 year old 100%

(10-15-2020, 06:36 PM)TinoArmando Wrote:
(10-15-2020, 06:22 PM)Slayerd Wrote:

We can't compare the age of him just by his size. He isn't even up. Just sitting over a mound. And I doubt that a "young cub" can has a mane as the Torchwood male has on that picture. at least isn't possible.

At the moment I stay behind my words. 1 year old 100%
Impossible? Go search for 8 month cubs. You will see bigger manes than this. A wild lion example. Go search Junior Othawa on April 2019. His mane is big for a 1 year old. This male has tiny fur and you count it as a mane? Based on size. You can still tell the size of his face can't you? There is also a video of the cubs, lionesses and Nhenha in 2017 September and none looked over a year old in size. The Torchwood Young Male is born around late 2016 or early 2017.

One of the Othawa cubs at the age of almost 11 months old (September 2019).

*This image is copyright of its original author

(10-15-2020, 06:22 PM)Slayerd Wrote: Even a young cub can have a small mane and this boy definitely doesn't have a stand out mane where is starting to fully coming through. He basically just has a little fur around his neck. This can even be evident in 6 month cubs. Also based of his size and face, he does not look 1 year old. He looks near that age but definitely not that age. Between 8-10 months seems the most likely here.

He is definitely atleast 10 - 12 months there, which is exactly what i said.. "born in mid to late 2016, ~August/September).. So i dont understand why you said i was completely wrong??

Its hard to know exact month of the cubs birth based on photo.. 

For example, here are photos of Nkuhuma male cubs 1 months ago on WildEarth :

1 year old cubs

Older cub, 16 months old

Torchwood male definitely is not born in 2017, yet mid to late 2016..

My opinion is he is 8 months old here.

Torchwood lion cub August 2017

(10-15-2020, 07:10 PM)Slayerd Wrote: My opinion is he is 8 months old here.

Ok we got it, its your opinion, our is that he is 1 years old, but it doesn't matter if he is 2,3 months older or younger.. Because we dont know exact birth date, its all speculation..

He is born around that time, +/- few months.. Let it stay that way..

RE: BBoys sons - Timbavati - 10-23-2020

The always beautiful and massive Torchwood young male.
Being honest. The Torchwood young male It's around one of the most beautiful lions in Sabi Sands. 
Image by: Daniel Charles Bailey(Insta post)
MalaMala GR,22.10.2020.

RE: BBoys sons - Slayerd - 10-23-2020

Packing some nice size as well. Very long body like Nhenha and HB or the Matimbas in general.

Legend Safaris ig. Story screenshots

RE: BBoys sons - Tr1x24 - 10-23-2020

(10-23-2020, 06:38 PM)Slayerd Wrote: Packing some nice size as well. Very long body like Nhenha and HB or the Matimbas in general

He remainds me of Othawa male, very developed early on, which is understandable as both males had an fairly easy young life, but now we will see of what he is made of..