WildFact
Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage (/topic-birmingham-coalition-male-lineage)

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Duco Ndona - 09-23-2023

I think this might be old footage.
Otherwise those wounds don't seem to be healing properly, seeing there are still fluids oozing out of it.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 09-23-2023

(09-23-2023, 03:10 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: I think this might be old footage.
Otherwise those wounds don't seem to be healing properly, seeing there are still fluids oozing out of it.

Unless some of those are new.

That would be the third time in short order. Thats rough.

(09-23-2023, 08:39 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: That would be the third time in short order. Thats rough.

I think best for him is to go back in western sector, currently being around central and southern Sabi Sands is very dangerous.

4 Talamati females are in estrus and he is occasionaly in their company, which is dangerous as they are attracting other males aswell, like Gijimas.

On top of that, 4 Kambula males are also around central, we saw they are not shy of attacking him, now with 4 males, and being more bigger, if they catch him next time he might sustain more serious damage.

Not sure in which terms he is with 2 Talamatis atm, but they are also here, and in the south, Nkhulus atm will kill any lion they manage to get their pawns on.

Western sector is safest area atm.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - BA0701 - 09-23-2023

(09-23-2023, 08:59 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(09-23-2023, 08:39 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: That would be the third time in short order. Thats rough.

I think best for him is to go back in western sector, currently being around central and southern Sabi Sands is very dangerous.

4 Talamati females are in estrus and he is occasionaly in their company, which is dangerous as they are attracting other males aswell, like Gijimas.

On top of that, 4 Kambula males are also around central, we saw they are not shy of attacking him, now with 4 males, and being more bigger, if they catch him next time he might sustain more serious damage.

Not sure in which terms he is with 2 Talamatis atm, but they are also here, and in the south, Nkhulus atm will kill any lion they manage to get their pawns on.

Western sector is safest area atm.

I agree with this completely, while WS still has it's dangers for him, it is an area he knows well, and an area he was able to avoid those dangers for quite some time previously. While nowhere is safe, WS sector is the closest thing to safe that he has at the moment.

As @Duco Ndona said, I too hope this is older footage, as the alternative of these being new wounds means that he continues to be attacked.

K2/Snip Tail in Kruger:

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - BA0701 - 09-23-2023

(09-23-2023, 10:35 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: K2/Snip Tail in Kruger:

What a beast he is becoming, wow!

Unless we get confirmation the footage is recent and we actually identify new wounds, at this point still speculation he was attacked again. It could just be the wounds that keep opening up or otherwise require continual licking. 
If that is the case, moving anywhere wont do him much good. 

I don't really see what is there to gain for him to move back to western sector. Sure it is somewhat safer. But he would still be mostly spending his days avoiding getting killed by male lions in a part of the reserve that has very little opportunities for him. In his current location he at least has some good chance of mating or running into potential coalition partners.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 09-26-2023

K6:

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tonpa - 09-29-2023

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Horizon - 10-01-2023

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - criollo2mil - 10-02-2023

Two of the boys about to go into food coma

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 10-02-2023

K1 in Kruger:

@"Brahimlegend" posted in other thread that on most recent sighting he was seen with snare, hopefully they will take care if that :

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Mapokser - 10-03-2023

They HAVE to take care of it, it's their obligation.

Are the authorities already aware of this?

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 10-03-2023

(10-03-2023, 12:05 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Are the authorities already aware of this?

Yes, it has been reported.