WildFact
Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage (/topic-birmingham-coalition-male-lineage)

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - criollo2mil - 09-08-2023

(09-07-2023, 04:55 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(09-07-2023, 04:46 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Southern Kambulas seen in H1-1 yesterday, you can see his other brother to the left behind the bushes.   Not sure about the unrelated partner

You sure it was on H1-1?

Location came from photographer

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Horizon - 09-08-2023

(09-07-2023, 04:55 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(09-07-2023, 04:46 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Southern Kambulas seen in H1-1 yesterday, you can see his other brother to the left behind the bushes.   Not sure about the unrelated partner

You sure it was on H1-1?

If its H1-1 means they moved away too far from their previous sighting?

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 09-08-2023

(09-08-2023, 11:07 AM)Horizon Wrote: If its H1-1 means they moved away too far from their previous sighting?

Not too far away but they where usually seen on S1 around Nyamundwa dam, lately roaring and mating.

Maybe they are just investigating neighbouring areas, not unusual for new territorial coalitions in the area, to set boundaries.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Mwk85 - 09-08-2023

Trailing the Talamati's 

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - BA0701 - 09-08-2023

(09-08-2023, 10:14 PM)Mwk85 Wrote: Trailing the Talamati's 

I've always thought Nkuhuma was bigger than average, but not an overly large lion, he always appears lean and muscular to me. In this image, he looks like an absolute tank!

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Robot00 - 09-09-2023

(09-08-2023, 10:23 PM)BA0701 Wrote:

I've always thought Nkuhuma was bigger than average, but not an overly large lion, he always appears lean and muscular to me. In this image, he looks like an absolute tank!
To me he's always been a tank when fully fed. He's up there with the pc boys. If pc boys are 10, then he's 9/9.5. Even when he's not eating he's a big guy. 

The only thing im disappointed in him is his unwillingness to be a fighter. But who can blame him when all he wants to do is be a lover

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - BA0701 - 09-09-2023

(09-09-2023, 02:47 AM)Robot00 Wrote:
(09-08-2023, 10:23 PM)BA0701 Wrote:

To me he's always been a tank when fully fed. He's up there with the pc boys. If pc boys are 10, then he's 9/9.5. Even when he's not eating he's a big guy. 

The only thing im disappointed in him is his unwillingness to be a fighter. But who can blame him when all he wants to do is be a lover

I wish for his success (his chance to create and look over little Nkuhumas) possibly more than any other lions, certainly more than any other males his age. He has had it so tough, his entire life, always ends up alone, but he never stops the pursuit of a partner or a pride. He has yet to be able to settle down and raise cubs, where most adult males have had them by 6-7. Only other male who I can think of that was still alone at this age, having never had a long term partner or pride, would likely be Spear Boy, and I think he even had some longer term mates to hang out with a few times. Seems his and Big Boy's story was always meant to be a tragic tale from the start.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - criollo2mil - 09-09-2023

The Two Littermates and current youngest living offspring of the Birminghams in Londolozi. All 5 were present.

credit:  Bill Bakacs

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - criollo2mil - 09-09-2023

Nkuhuma Nwalungu in Kruger a few days ago after the Gijimas found the Talamatis he had been trailing.

(09-09-2023, 04:46 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Nkuhuma Nwalungu in Kruger a few days ago after the Gijimas found the Talamatis he had been trailing.  

Just can't catch a break.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Robot00 - 09-09-2023

(09-09-2023, 05:19 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(09-09-2023, 04:46 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Nkuhuma Nwalungu in Kruger a few days ago after the Gijimas found the Talamatis he had been trailing.  

Yah im really surprised he hasn't been able to find a partner since nhenha. I know he tried but im still surprised he's still alone since then

(09-09-2023, 06:41 AM)Robot00 Wrote:

Yah im really surprised he hasn't been able to find a partner since nhenha. I know he tried but im still surprised he's still alone since then

I really got my hopes up with Skorro Jr (another male I'd really like to see succeed, again), and the Talamatis, but they both just ended up as another disappointing situation in a life so full of them. At least Skorro Jr held a pride, and produced many cubs, who all loved him as we saw in so many pictures and videos. His legacy lives on in those two young gals currently holding their own in WS. I just don't want to see him get caught by multiple males, and badly hurt, or worse, simply because he has been unable to find a long term partner. I'd love to see him and a coalition partner roaring to warn other males about coming into his area, or messing with his pride, as we saw him do with Nhenha. That was really good stuff, sadly it was short lived. Too bad the BDMs are now territorial, since he was up that way, that could have been another great opportunity.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - afortich - 09-09-2023

(09-09-2023, 06:58 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

I really got my hopes up with Skorro Jr (another male I'd really like to see succeed, again), and the Talamatis, but they both just ended up as another disappointing situation in a life so full of them. At least Skorro Jr held a pride, and produced many cubs, who all loved him as we saw in so many pictures and videos. His legacy lives on in those two young gals currently holding their own in WS. I just don't want to see him get caught by multiple males, and badly hurt, or worse, simply because he has been unable to find a long term partner. I'd love to see him and a coalition partner roaring to warn other males about coming into his area, or messing with his pride, as we saw him do with Nhenha. That was really good stuff, sadly it was short lived. Too bad the BDMs are now territorial, since he was up that way, that could have been another great opportunity.

So sad. I believe Nhenha rushed NK to challenge PC boys too early. I also really hope NK finds a partner.

(09-09-2023, 08:11 AM)afortich Wrote:
(09-09-2023, 06:58 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

So sad. I believe Nhenha rushed NK to challenge PC boys too early. I also really hope NK finds a partner.

I don't fault Nhenha in that situation, he understood what needs to be done when you have invaders threatening your pride/territory, in fact I don't fault any of the lions involved, they were just lions being lions. It was just a very unfortunate situation for Nhenha and Nkuhuma. The challenge came too soon for their young coalition, and it didn't help that the challengers just happened to be two enormous and aggressive males, who are very tight and work very well together, to boot.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Duco Ndona - 09-09-2023

Nym is doing everything he should be doing. He just has the bad luck that his partners either died or rejected him. That the reserve might be entering somekind of a decline stage where it will be already difficult for duos to survive wont be helping either. 

Becouse he is still out there trying, I respect him more than for example Skorro. Who is somewhat of a bully refusing to move on from the past. And will likely continue being alone wandering his old territory until the current rulers finally catch up and kill him.

As for his pair up with Nhenha. They were paired a bit longer than just few months so I dont think it was a matter of still adjusting. 
When Nym was paired up with Sym he also had no issues confronting and chasing out the PCmales. While Nhenha and the rest of the Birmingham Boys were already avoiding conflict when invaded by the Avocas. Nhenhas last victorious conflict as part of the BBoys had was when Othawa Young male Nguvu was stupid enough to invade them. While his last succusfull conflict as a Nwalungu was was against the lone Skorro and the Othawas. So there is somewhat of a patern here.

I dont think it was a case of Nhenha having no faith in his partner. But rather a strategy of not attacking and withdrawing when confronted by a group of equal or bigger size and only going after solitary males. Hoping to take out the opposition one by one.  

Which is not to bad of a strategy and one followed by many lions. But there is always a risk that your opponents catch you first or force you in a two versus two fight.