WildFact
Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage (/topic-birmingham-coalition-male-lineage)

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - lionuk - 08-21-2023

(08-21-2023, 05:36 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: You sure thats K1? Doesnt look like him.
In my opinion, it does look like him. You may see this video of him taken late of last year. 

Similar face and mane. Also, this tweet says two males, including him, seen near Skukuza. He was with K2, I presume.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 08-21-2023

(08-21-2023, 06:45 PM)lionuk Wrote: Similar face and mane. Also, this tweet says two males, including him, seen near Skukuza. He was with K2, I presume.

These males are far east on s21 around Nwatimhiri, Kambulas are at Nyamundwa Dam, this like 30-40km apart.

Its not Kambulas, whisker spots also dont match.

Not sure who they are, but this male is beautiful.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 09-02-2023

Boys and sister, in Singita looks like :

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - BA0701 - 09-02-2023

(09-02-2023, 01:02 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Boys and sister, in Singita looks like :

Those boys are looking in fantastic shape! Somebody is going to have their hands full in the not too distant future, I'd expect them to start challenging someday soon. The question is who, and what then happens to their sister, they've been together, on their own, for quite some time now.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 09-02-2023

(09-02-2023, 01:41 AM)BA0701 Wrote: Those boys are looking in fantastic shape! Somebody is going to have their hands full in the not too distant future, I'd expect them to start challenging someday soon. The question is who, and what then happens to their sister, they've been together, on their own, for quite some time now.

At this point looks quite likely that boys will stay in SS and challenge someone for territory here, they are nomadic for 1.5 yrs or so and didnt put pawn outside SS, and they are closing to 5 yrs of age.

Sister will flee when "shit starts happening" , she will end as solitare lioness, going back to Kambulas after all this time and with them having cubs is not likely, almost impossible.

She will prob settle near/in backyard of her brothers territory in the beginning, similar to Nwaswitshakas sister, later she might find company in other solo female, if there will be some around.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Duco Ndona - 09-02-2023

Lets hope they wait till some of the current generations of cubs has fully grown. 

Still. If they insist on taking over a pride. Ximhungwe would probably the least destructive option. It would instantly put a stop to the whole Skorro, PCmales revolving door and with the cubs only being a a few weeks old. The pride wouldnt lose too much time.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - BA0701 - 09-02-2023

(09-02-2023, 02:30 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(09-02-2023, 01:41 AM)BA0701 Wrote: Those boys are looking in fantastic shape! Somebody is going to have their hands full in the not too distant future, I'd expect them to start challenging someday soon. The question is who, and what then happens to their sister, they've been together, on their own, for quite some time now.

At this point looks quite likely that boys will stay in SS and challenge someone for territory here, they are nomadic for 1.5 yrs or so and didnt put pawn outside SS, and they are closing to 5 yrs of age.

Sister will flee when "shit starts happening" , she will end as solitare lioness, going back to Kambulas after all this time and with them having cubs is not likely, almost impossible.

She will prob settle near/in backyard of her brothers territory in the beginning, similar to Nwaswitshakas sister, later she might find company in other solo female, if there will be some around.

Whatever happened to the Nwas sister, I haven't heard much in quite some time. I think she had gotten injured or sick, does she have a female partner, have any cubs, does she have steady protection from any males? Yeah, I think going back to the pride will be out of the question for the Kambula sister, just like Gingerella. At least she found a steady partner, but raising cubs in her current environment will be near impossible I think.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Mapokser - 09-02-2023

(09-02-2023, 03:39 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Lets hope they wait till some of the current generations of cubs has fully grown. 

Still. If they insist on taking over a pride. Ximhungwe would probably the least destructive option. It would instantly put a stop to the whole Skorro, PCmales revolving door and with the cubs only being a a few weeks old. The pride wouldnt lose too much time.

I think Ximhungwe would be a horrible option.

First of, they'd kill the current cubs. Second they'd kill Othawas in weeks at best, there's no way they'd survive with 4 territorial males roaming their core territory, just like they weren't surviving when only Nhenha and NK were ( and they didn't even spent all their time there ).

Since Nhenha's demise, some 8 months have passed and no Othawa was killed, before Nhenha's demise, 3 subs and the 3 adult females were killed in less than 6 months.

Then there are the Manghenis, it'd be impossible to keep 4 Kambulas with only the Western Sector, they'd 100% sure clash with PCM in Singita, the Kambulas grandfathers and great-grandfathers ahd the same numbers and controlled the West + Singita and used western Londolozi as their backyard, so there's no reason 4 Kambulas would be content with 2 females and only the Western Sector.

Best thing that can happen to the other prides is for Kambulas to settle in Londolozi and a bit of the northern areas. Talamatis could settle there as their major pride, and they could be mating with Tsalala and eventually the Nkuhuma females. This would push Ndhzengas more to the east and PCM to the west, but it'd be enough territory for everybody and could keep Kambulas busy for at least 1,5-2 year, which is the bare minimum literally every single pride would need to raise their cubs.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Duco Ndona - 09-02-2023

The Othawas know how to avoid problems as western sector is currently already filled with lions that could hurt or kill them. They are closer to that age where they might be spared if lucky than they were back then. So with some luck it wont be too long until they can help keeping them at bay too. 
I was more gambling on the Ximhungwes keeping them occupied while the PCmales focuses more the other prides they already have and shifts their focus and the Mhangeni eastwards.

Londolozi is also a interesting spot. But has its drawbacks as they would be competing for the land with the Nwas, PCmales and Gijimas coalition and the Mhangeni, Kambulas and Nkhumas prides. Which would offer plenty of opportunities for lives to be lost in smaller fights that arent directly takeovers.. Tsalala also wouldnt appriciate her spot getting crowded.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Horizon - 09-02-2023

reazert_general

16h
What a way to spend most of your time if you’re animal lover, 5 ntsevu breakaway trailing herd of buffalo, 1 hour later they caught a calf

" target="_blank" class="post_link">

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Mwk85 - 09-03-2023

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Horizon - 09-03-2023

Ntsevu Breakaways hunting buffalo ??⁠
The Ntsevu Breakaways spent the better half of the day persistently tracking this buffalo herd. With each surge from the lions, the buffalo employ their collective strength and defensive formations to evade them. However, their persistence ultimately tips the balance, leading to a successful hunt where the lions' efforts yield a hard-earned meal.⁠

Visit the link in our bio to keep up-to-date with the Lions of Londolozi...⁠

" target="_blank" class="post_link">

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tonpa - 09-04-2023

"The 4 Talamati females have been split with 1 mating with the Gijima males. The 4th female joined up with the rest of the pride who were found with full bellies accompanied, by the Nkuhuma male. The females are reluctant to allow the Nkuhuma male too close"

*This image is copyright of its original author

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - criollo2mil - 09-07-2023

Southern Kambulas seen in H1-1 yesterday, you can see his other brother to the left behind the bushes.   Not sure about the unrelated partner

Credits: Melissa Uys
Kruger National Park, Sudáfrica ??

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 09-07-2023

(09-07-2023, 04:46 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Southern Kambulas seen in H1-1 yesterday, you can see his other brother to the left behind the bushes.   Not sure about the unrelated partner

You sure it was on H1-1?