WildFact
Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage (/topic-birmingham-coalition-male-lineage)

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 05-28-2023

(05-28-2023, 04:58 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: New sighting of the two.   Looks like the Talamati boy is not happy to have Nkuhuma trail him?

Establishing hierarchies?

Its too early to tell if they will stay together and form a coalition.

If Talamati will be too agressive, NK will just stop following him.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Lionloverswe - 05-28-2023

Hopefully young Talamti boy will form a bond with NK,  would benefit both when light mane Talamati seems to hang with hos uncle/father and cousins. Judging on the images, NK seems submissive, man that lion has been through alot...

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - criollo2mil - 05-28-2023

More footage of the Talamati and Nkuhuma

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 05-30-2023

K5 is in western sector :

Photo credits : Savanna

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - book1206 - 06-01-2023

K1 and K2 seen in Skukuza  -- Shalati areas (credit unknown)

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 06-02-2023

(06-01-2023, 09:28 PM)book1206 Wrote: K1 and K2 seen in Skukuza  -- Shalati areas (credit unknown)

Shame for that subadult , but thats nature.

Great to see 2 boys.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - criollo2mil - 06-02-2023

Seems the limp is indeed what’s keeping the 4th boy back.   But hopefully improving 

“This past week has seen incredible lion activity on our Reserve. Shortly after we left Little Bush Camp, we saw a young lioness at the nearby waterhole. We were eager to find out to which pride she belonged to and not long after, the males emerged from a thicket -  one by one -  for a drink . We were able to confirm these were the Kambula breakaways. With full bellies it was obvious they had recently made a kill and slept close to the waterhole. It was good to see the 4th male with the pride. Although he was walking with a slight limp, he seemed to be doing fine especially that he had his 3 brothers and sister around to help out.”

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 06-02-2023

(06-02-2023, 05:31 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Seems the limp is indeed what’s keeping the 4th boy back.   But hopefully improving 

“This past week has seen incredible lion activity on our Reserve. Shortly after we left Little Bush Camp, we saw a young lioness at the nearby waterhole. We were eager to find out to which pride she belonged to and not long after, the males emerged from a thicket -  one by one -  for a drink . We were able to confirm these were the Kambula breakaways. With full bellies it was obvious they had recently made a kill and slept close to the waterhole. It was good to see the 4th male with the pride. Although he was walking with a slight limp, he seemed to be doing fine especially that he had his 3 brothers and sister around to help out.”

So K5 rejoined ?

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - criollo2mil - 06-02-2023

(06-02-2023, 05:49 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(06-02-2023, 05:31 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Seems the limp is indeed what’s keeping the 4th boy back.   But hopefully improving 

So K5 rejoined ?

Seems so.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - criollo2mil - 06-06-2023

Now I’m not so sure….isn’t this him (K5).  I. The west?

Not sure when taken and not sure if he’s accompanied.  

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 06-06-2023

(06-06-2023, 04:17 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Now I’m not so sure….isn’t this him (K5).  I. The west?

Thats K4.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - criollo2mil - 06-06-2023

(06-06-2023, 04:30 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(06-06-2023, 04:17 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Now I’m not so sure….isn’t this him (K5).  I. The west?

Thats K4.

yeah...i can now see his grumpy look :)

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - criollo2mil - 06-07-2023

It’s amazing to see how bulked up the Kambula YMs 1 and 2 have become…..it seems they are indeed still w their older coalition partner.  I hear he’s possibly from pretoriuskop pride he was part of 5 brothers but I know very little about that area.

PC Louise Howa

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Mapokser - 06-07-2023

Iirc K1 will be turning 5 this month, after turning 4, the biggest gain in mass for a lion is between 4 to 5, after that they don't bulk up much more and will be very close to their peak weight of 6-7yo so it's to be expected that Kambulas would bulk up now that they are turning 5.

But the best news is that they are still a coalition of 3, meaning a powerful one, they should become dominant soon.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Robot00 - 06-07-2023

I wish these boys were still in s.s. so that we can follow them more closely