WildFact
Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage (/topic-birmingham-coalition-male-lineage)

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 05-13-2023

(05-13-2023, 05:39 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: I hope those kids get chased of so we can finally end the Birmingham boy drama.

What?

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Duco Ndona - 05-13-2023

The reason you probably rarely saw drama is becouse lots of lion groups immidiatly enacted a zero tolerance policy to it as it started. But sadly that didnt stop things from getting that bad that tracking lions in the region became nearly impossibe. Even now there are folks that still believe Nhenha is not only alive but will take over Sabi Sands or something.

Its important to not cloud ones mind with idolation. If the news is good its good and of its bad its bad. Lions grow, do great things, do not so great things and then pass on. Regardless of their or their fathers reputation.

I have nothing against the lions personally. Not against Nhenha and those subs. In fact Nym is one of my favorites and I will die on the hill that Nhenhas death etc wasnt his fault etc. 

But we do need to reflect how the community approaches the topic and neither those subs nor the PCmales deserve the whole taking revenge for Nhenha narrative.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 05-13-2023

(05-13-2023, 06:53 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: The reason you probably rarely saw drama is becouse lots of lion groups immidiatly enacted a zero tolerance policy to it as it started. But sadly that didnt stop things from getting that bad that tracking lions in the region became nearly impossibe. Even now there are folks that still believe Nhenha is not only alive but will take over Sabi Sands or something.

Its important to not cloud ones mind with idolation. If the news is good its good and of its bad its bad. Lions grow, do great things, do not so great things and then pass on. Regardless of their or their fathers reputation.

I have nothing against the lions personally. Not against Nhenha and those subs. In fact Nym is one of my favorites and I will die on the hill that Nhenhas death etc wasnt his fault etc. 

But we do need to reflect how the community approaches the topic and neither those subs nor the PCmales deserve the whole taking revenge for Nhenha narrative.

Nobody here said that PC males "deserve" revenge because of Nhenha , it was just me playing with a words a bit , ofc no revenge here is in play, as Kambulas dont even know and even if they would, they wouldnt care that PC males killed their father lol.

It doesnt matter what is happening outside this forum and other lion groups etc, it doesnt happening here.

Here we treat all lions equal, so no hatread  or negativity should be allowed towards certain lion/coalition/pride, regardless what is happening on Facebook, Yt etc..

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Horizon - 05-13-2023

(05-13-2023, 06:53 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: those subs.
@Duco Ndona, These boys are not subs anymore. Three of them are 4 years 8 months and one is 4 years old. A lot of folk got their ages wrong in an earlier discussion (Myself guilty too).

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Duco Ndona - 05-13-2023

Yeah. This place is pretty great in that. 

Thanks for the correct. Keep making that mistake in my mind.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Mapokser - 05-14-2023

@Tr1x24 I always thought Kambulas would make their move against the west. Hopefully it doesn't happen though, it'd be catastrophic, Manghenis finally got cubs, Ximhungwes seems to have stability now and will have cubs soon, NK Breakaways are thriving and Othawas won't be able to hide from a coalition of 4.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Potato - 05-14-2023

(05-14-2023, 12:08 AM)Mapokser Wrote: @Tr1x24 I always thought Kambulas would make their move against the west. Hopefully it doesn't happen though, it'd be catastrophic, Manghenis finally got cubs, Ximhungwes seems to have stability now and will have cubs soon, NK Breakaways are thriving and Othawas won't be able to hide from a coalition of 4.

Assuming PC males wouldn't be able to protect their territory and prides. Kambula males struggle a bit with lone Nkuchuma male so moving against PC males despite numbers advantage might end up catastrophic, but for themselfs, not for the prides of lions in western sector.

@Potato That was a small fight between nomads, once Kambulas switch to territorial mode, 4v2 only a miracle will save the PCM.

As mentioned already, 3 of them will turn 5 soon and the other one is of fighting age already as well.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Horizon - 05-14-2023

Its highly unlikely KYMs would mount a challenge against a territorial coalition anytime soon. I doubt that would happen in 2023.
Except for that fight against NK, they are moving around quietly within the territories. One of them even got isolated and almost got killed by Gijimas. PC males are a bigger hammer. YKMs are taking their own time (usual time).

On the other hand, Nkuhlus might not takeover soon but seems they are at a stage where it’s getting harder for territorial males to isolate and seriously attack even one of them like Gijimas did to YKMs. Gijimas inspite of pushing Nkuhlus out, maintained their distance from them. I am not aware of the details of S Avocas chase but seems Nkuhlus came unscathed out of that too. That in itself is a telling sign. 
Among the younger coalitions, Nkuhlus have the strike force now.

@Horizon why do you think they won't make their move anytime soon? Not in 2023? How so? 3 of them will turn 5 in four months, why would 5yo males wait? Wait what, exactly? They will have three 5yo males and a fourth brother of almost 4,5yo in an area where excluding their natal pride all prides have only 1 or 2 dominant males.

The usual time you talk about is now, 4,5yo is around the time lions challenge for a territory or become dominant outright, especially when they have numbers on their size which compels them to make a move even sooner, PCM and Gijima all became dominant around this age, so did Tumbelas I believe, and literally most lions.

Now PCM and Gijimas are 5yo and are kicking everybody's butts as dominant males despite being duos, and you think Kambulas being 4 strong will wait for 2024? This makes no sense at all, a lion may not be at his absolute peak at 5 years of age, but he is so close to it that it hardly makes a difference ( PCM whooping the Birminghams with hardly any difficulty, and Gijimas defeating Talamatis, Kambulas and Nkhulus showed it very clearly ), and again, being 4 males competing with much smaller coalitions make it much easier for them to make their move.

It may take a few months but Kambulas will definitely, 100% challenge for a territory in 2023, unless some catastrophe happens to them and they die off before they get the chance.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 05-14-2023

@Mapokser yep, PC males where already full territorial males at the current age of Kambula young males, although they didnt have to fight for territory, something which Kambula young males would have to do looks like, giving current state in Sabi Sands.

Hard to predict these things, but both Nkuhlus and Kambulas should be in serious competition for territory by the end of this year (Nkuhlus maybe even began already).

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Horizon - 05-14-2023

(05-14-2023, 11:17 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Now PCM and Gijimas are 5yo and are kicking everybody's butts as dominant males despite being duos, and you think Kambulas being 4 strong will wait for 2024? This makes no sense at all, a lion may not be at his absolute peak at 5 years of age, but he is so close to it that it hardly makes a difference ( PCM whooping the Birminghams with hardly any difficulty, and Gijimas defeating Talamatis, Kambulas and Nkhulus showed it very clearly ), and again, being 4 males competing with much smaller coalitions make it much easier for them to make their move.
@Mapokser PCMs are 5 years and 10 months now. Though the precise age of Gijimas is unknown, going by their first appearance at the end of 2021, it could be roughly estimated. Now, the dominant one should be around 6.5 years and the other one should be a few months less than 6 years. Neither of these coalitions had to mount a challenge for the territory against territorial males. (Initially, Gijimas were succefully driven out by Ndzhengas and only months after, the abandoned territory was taken).

KYMs ran away from Gijimas not too long ago, and one of them got mauled seriously. In that recent fight again NK, NK rose up for another round of defence but the 3 males backed off. Not just these incidents.. They seem to be moving quietly in the territories and that is clearly an effort to not attract the attention of the territorial males. I think if they get caught out by PCMs or Gijimas or the two healthy Ndzhengas, there is a risk of one of them getting mauled to death. It’s highly unlikely KYMs would mount a challenge against a territorial coalition in 2023. 

Anyway, who am I to write their script like that for the whole of 2023? It’s just a prediction and like many predictions, mine could be wrong as well.

(05-14-2023, 11:17 AM)Mapokser Wrote: 100% challenge for a territory in 2023,

Happy to wait for 7.5 months and see how it unfolds.  I watched these boys grow up since they were cubs, would be glad if I am wrong here.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - book1206 - 05-14-2023

(05-14-2023, 01:29 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: @Mapokser yep, PC males where already full territorial males at the current age of Kambula young males, although they didnt have to fight for territory, something which Kambula young males would have to do looks like, giving current state in Sabi Sands.

Hard to predict these things, but both Nkuhlus and Kambulas should be in serious competition for territory by the end of this year (Nkuhlus maybe even began already).

Is it likely both of Skorro and Nkuhuma moved out of west after these young Kambula arrived? Skorro was not spotted for almost a month and Nkuhuma moved to sabi sabi for the first time over a year.

(05-14-2023, 09:08 PM)book1206 Wrote: Is it likely both of Skorro and Nkuhuma moved out of west after these young Kambula arrived? Skorro was not spotted for almost a month and Nkuhuma moved to sabi sabi for the first time over a year.

Not sure for Skoro, he is still prob in western sector, as he doesnt go out of this area, but since Nhenha death, NK already moved out and in multiple times.

He was in Sabi Sabi month or so ago, seen following Styxs, then returned west, where he got beating by Kambulas, now again at Sabi Sabi, seen moving south.

NK was not seen with Ximhungwes for a while now, looks like his chapter with them ended, Skorro still hangs near by.

Reason for that are PC males, who are spending more time with Ximhungwes, Kambulas prob had nothing to do with it.