WildFact
Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage (/topic-birmingham-coalition-male-lineage)

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Robot00 - 04-30-2023

Isnt there a male cub from the kambula breakaway female with two cubs when the four N'was took over kambula pride? What happened to those two cubs?

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - criollo2mil - 04-30-2023

(04-30-2023, 07:42 AM)Robot00 Wrote: Isnt there a male cub from the kambula breakaway female with two cubs when the four N'was took over kambula pride? What happened to those two cubs?

The Male cub from the breakaways was the last member to disappear.   Reasons unknown but Uboso had been seen chasing the group and they all scattered.   He was never to be seen again.   Just weeks prior a younger female who had gotten separated and left alone for two weeks had rejoined them but had lost too much condition and perished.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Mwk85 - 05-01-2023

Nkuhuma male 

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - criollo2mil - 05-01-2023

Early reports coming from Londolozi are that the separated Kambula YM has rejoined his siblings

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 05-01-2023

(05-01-2023, 07:40 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Early reports coming from Londolozi are that the separated Kambula YM has rejoined his siblings

Thats great news if true.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Duco Ndona - 05-01-2023

Lucky guy. They must have ran into eachother by accident.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Mdz123 - 05-03-2023

(05-01-2023, 07:40 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Early reports coming from Londolozi are that the separated Kambula YM has rejoined his siblings

Very happy to see him reunited.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Mapokser - 05-04-2023

I've just seen a video of 3 males and their sister going for a drink, I think one of the males was the injured one, his belly was emptier than that of the others ( he was very empty ) and it seemed he had a slight limp, but otherwise he was in perfect condition.

I was also told that all 5 were together in the longer version of the video.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Robot00 - 05-04-2023

Cant wait to see the clip of the missing brother reuniting. Im still hoping these four will go on a conquest together and rule S.S in the coming years

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Mapokser - 05-04-2023

@Robot00 I want them to be sucessful but currently in the SS they don't have many options that don't involve cub killing and I wouldn't like to see that.

Of course they don't care and will kill cubs if they have the chance but from my POV I'd like for them establishing themselves in Londolozi since it's a big territory but mostly the backyard of Ndhzengas and PCM.

They could take over the Tsalala female and luckily Talamatis could also stay there. Then in 3 years or so they would expand and take over other territories with cubs now grown up north or west of them.

Of course this is just my wishful "if the world was perfect" thinking and things never go so smoothly when talking about lion dynamics, regardless it'll be interesting to see what they'll do, I feel we're very close to seeing them clicking and starting to act in a territorial manner since 3/4 are more than 4,5yo and the third one will be 4 next month or so.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - criollo2mil - 05-04-2023

(05-04-2023, 01:38 AM)Mapokser Wrote: I've just seen a video of 3 males and their sister going for a drink, I think one of the males was the injured one, his belly was emptier than that of the others ( he was very empty ) and it seemed he had a slight limp, but otherwise he was in perfect condition.

I was also told that all 5 were together in the longer version of the video.

Here is what I believe is the video you’re citing.   I’m not sure when taken though….this guest does tend to be delayed in when the posts are made.  At times a week or two behind. 

So a series of photos and video footage of who I believe is the separated 4th boy (please @Tr1x24 can you iD?)

Slides 1-2

It was taken in Singita and not sure of timing.  

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 05-04-2023

(05-04-2023, 05:48 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: So a series of photos and video footage of who I believe is the separated 4th boy (please @Tr1x24 can you iD?)

No, K5.

(05-04-2023, 08:51 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(05-04-2023, 05:48 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: So a series of photos and video footage of who I believe is the separated 4th boy (please @Tr1x24 can you iD?)

No, K5.

Ok, thanks.

But it does look certain all 4 are together with the sister.   Here is the injured boy as suspected by @Mapokser above

When asked, the guest says 4 boys present

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 05-04-2023

(05-04-2023, 10:45 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Here is the injured boy as suspected by @Mapokser above

Yes looks like him, you can notice small limp when he is walking.