WildFact
Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage (/topic-birmingham-coalition-male-lineage)

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Duco Ndona - 04-22-2023

https://youtube.com/shorts/wwuFDbrs3xk?feature=share

A different angle of Nym after the fight

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - criollo2mil - 04-22-2023

(04-22-2023, 07:04 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote:
(04-22-2023, 03:55 PM)TylerS98 Wrote:
(04-22-2023, 07:43 AM)Ttimemarti Wrote: The Gijima males are ruthless they basically are responsible for ubosos death and by the way this fight with the nkuhuma male went down 2 of the 3 males fought the third one didn’t really do much he’s the one that turns 4 years old in September along with his sister he needs more time and so tho the other 2 also they need to find their 4th brother a few more months and a few big kills to bulk up then they’ll be ready

The youngest one (K6) who didn’t do much turns 4 in May, not September. K3, K4 and K5 were all born in September 2018 though :)
How do you know this? And may what year?

My Notes on the Kambula Young Males:

Kambula/Ntsevu "Young" Male Lions:
- Kambula Male #1 - June 2018 (Son of K1)
- Kambula Male #2 - Late July/Early August 2018 (Son of K3)
- Kambula Males #3, #4 & #5 - September 2018 (Sons Female K4)
- Kambula Male #6 - May 2019 (Son of Kambula K5) 

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Mapokser - 04-22-2023

@Horizon this is what I'm saying, they, as almost any 3-4yo males, lack confidence to actually act territorial, but if they did had such confidence like some rare males do, they'd win because 2 males, even if larger and stronger, can't defeat 4 in an actual fight ( never mind the sister that was also there too and helped attacking NK ).

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 04-22-2023

(04-22-2023, 10:20 PM)Mapokser Wrote: @Horizon this is what I'm saying, they, as almost any 3-4yo males, lack confidence to actually act territorial, but if they did had such confidence like some rare males do, they'd win because 2 males, even if larger and stronger, can't defeat 4 in an actual fight ( never mind the sister that was also there too and helped attacking NK ).

But things dont work like that, this is not "arena" where you put 4vs2 lions to fight to the death.

There is so much more things in takeover and clash scenarios then actual fight itself.

6 (4 yrs old) Vurhamis had confidence and challenged 3 Mjejanes for territory, and guess what, 4 of them got killed (Mbilu later as 5th).

In scenario you are talking about, in "arena" fight, Vurhamis would win, but things dont work like this in reality.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - T_Ferguson - 04-22-2023

(04-22-2023, 09:49 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: https://youtube.com/shorts/wwuFDbrs3xk?feature=share

A different angle of Nym after the fight

I guess superficial, but I am not hopeful Nym is going to do very much on his own.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Horizon - 04-23-2023

(04-22-2023, 09:50 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(04-22-2023, 07:04 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote:
(04-22-2023, 03:55 PM)TylerS98 Wrote:
(04-22-2023, 07:43 AM)Ttimemarti Wrote: The Gijima males are ruthless they basically are responsible for ubosos death and by the way this fight with the nkuhuma male went down 2 of the 3 males fought the third one didn’t really do much he’s the one that turns 4 years old in September along with his sister he needs more time and so tho the other 2 also they need to find their 4th brother a few more months and a few big kills to bulk up then they’ll be ready

The youngest one (K6) who didn’t do much turns 4 in May, not September. K3, K4 and K5 were all born in September 2018 though :)
How do you know this? And may what year?

My Notes on the Kambula Young Males:

Kambula/Ntsevu "Young" Male Lions:
- Kambula Male #1 - June 2018 (Son of K1)
- Kambula Male #2 - Late July/Early August 2018 (Son of K3)
- Kambula Males #3, #4 & #5 - September 2018 (Sons Female K4)
- Kambula Male #6 - May 2019 (Son of Kambula K5) 

My good sir, thank you. End of last year, when a photo of 4 KYMs emerged, the consensus was that the youngest was around 3.5 and older ones around 4 (Tr1x24 or you mentioned their ages). Four or Five months on, their ages were pegged back to the same mark again. There was some age inaccuracies in the present discussion (Myself guilty. I said K4 and K5 males here are around the same age as Selatis and S Avocas when those boys made their first attempt to challenge the dominant males. In fact, K4 and K5 are roughly around 4 months older than what those boys were at that time!)

(04-22-2023, 07:48 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Looks like Kambulas "territorial instincts" are starting to kick in.

That is a possibility but also they might have seen him as a predator competing for the same food source in the area.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Duco Ndona - 04-23-2023

It may also just be an mistake. Like them wrongly believing Nym had a kill.

(04-22-2023, 10:20 PM)Mapokser Wrote: @Horizon this is what I'm saying, they, as almost any 3-4yo males, lack confidence to actually act territorial, but if they did had such confidence like some rare males do, they'd win because 2 males, even if larger and stronger, can't defeat 4 in an actual fight ( never mind the sister that was also there too and helped attacking NK ).

If they had confidence, it’s mostly over for a solitary male. Even though KYMs attacked here (Agreed, a big step to pin down a grown up male) but there isn’t a strong purpose like defending or challenging for the territory. They looked done after a round. At the end, they even backed off slightly in fear of response it seems.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Mapokser - 04-23-2023

@Tr1x24 Again, I don't disagree, this ( what you describe ) is usually how things play out, intimidation, confidence and teamwork is a huge part of these things. I was just pointing out that some rare males get that confidence very soon and go for the kill, in these scenarios numbers will always trump size and experience, as many males have shown before ( like Selatis, Avocas, Gijimas, etc ), they all attacked dominant male(s) at a very young age because while weaker individually they knew they had numbers and if they used it they'd win. Most males just take longer to build this confidence.

As for Vurhumis, I don't think they were all 4, some were very young, even Mo looked quite young, iirc you yourself said that once. Regardless it's just one of the many cases where they are brave enough to roar and scent-marking but not actually to hold their ground in an actual fight so they would always abandon one or two brothers to die.

Look at the Majingilane, they were 4,5-5yo and fully vocalized claiming the land, but abandoned their 5th brother to die when the dominant males started hunting them down, then in the night of the same day the 4 remaining ones roared and challenged again ( like Vurhamis would do aftet every loss ) but ran when KT charged alone, they kept running for several kms.

They could have ended up like Vurhamis. Maybe KT would get one and the others would keep running, maybe Mr.T would then arrive and they would kill a second Majin... But they grew a spine mid chase, they turned to face their enemy and the rest is history, they learned how to stay and fight, even after Mr.T arrives they didn't ran, they knew they had strength in numbers and would win if they fought.

There's a big difference between being confident enough to act territorial and confident enough to stay and fight when the oppositions charges at you.

For now Kambulas aren't even at the stage they'll roar, or even scent-mark.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - criollo2mil - 04-27-2023

1/4 Kambula YMs of Sabi Sands.   

Haven’t seen anything new of the 4th separated/injured boy 

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - lionuk - 04-27-2023

According to Jason Street, the 4th injured boy hasn't been sighted in Sabi Sabi recently. Hopefully that means he's moved north looking for his brothers.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - criollo2mil - 04-29-2023

Could this be the separated boy?   It was taken last week.  
I wish I was better at IDs.     Crying

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 04-29-2023

(04-29-2023, 06:13 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Could this be the separated boy?   It was taken last week.  

No, its youngest male, K6.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - criollo2mil - 04-30-2023

(04-29-2023, 09:04 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-29-2023, 06:13 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Could this be the separated boy?   It was taken last week.  

No, its youngest male, K6.

Thanks.    Darn it!.

But on a positive note….Jason Street responded to inquiries and he says that tracks of a male were seen headed north. And away from the reserve…..he feels strongly it’s the Separated Kambula YM.   

I’ve asked him if the tracks indicate he still carrying injury or not.   Waiting for response.