WildFact
Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage (/topic-birmingham-coalition-male-lineage)

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Mwk85 - 04-14-2023

(04-14-2023, 09:37 PM)Mdz123 Wrote:
(04-14-2023, 09:29 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-14-2023, 07:34 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Kambula YM injured by the Gijimas still separated from the others.   

Looks like they got him goon on that leg

Looks like K3 male :

*This image is copyright of its original author

Hope they find each others, that would be a huge blow, i always taught of him as their leader.

Are we sure Gijimas caught him? Doesnt look like he has any scars/injuries from this angle.

Where were his brothers last seen? I hope they reunite before its too late

They're at Londolozi by the looks of it.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Mapokser - 04-14-2023

The subtitles in the video of the injured Kambula says "probably 10 days without eating, will become hyena food". I hope it's just the guest giving his own thoughts and not something he heard from his ranger.

It was said that the rest of his group had scratches after they were chased by Gijimas, they could realistically have stand their ground but it's not how it usually works in lion dynamics.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 04-14-2023

(04-14-2023, 11:18 PM)Mapokser Wrote: The subtitles in the video of the injured Kambula says "probably 10 days without eating, will become hyena food". I hope it's just the guest giving his own thoughts and not something he heard from his ranger.

It was said that the rest of his group had scratches after they were chased by Gijimas, they could realistically have stand their ground but it's not how it usually works in lion dynamics.

He doesnt look (yet) in bad condition to be food for hyenas.

As i said, from this video it doesnt appear he has any significant scars/scratches neither on that leg nor on his hips/back (areas which lions target) which would point out to prolonged beating/fight.

He prob got caught and got biten on his leg by 1 of the males behind, and then prob Gijimas lost interest or/and went for the rest of the squad.

It might just be pain from the bite, leg might not be broken. Even if something is broken, its definetly recoverable.

He was prob sitting low around the same area, trying to heal, he should be start moving now.

He knows traverse area of his group, they should reunite.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Robot00 - 04-14-2023

(04-14-2023, 09:29 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-14-2023, 07:34 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Kambula YM injured by the Gijimas still separated from the others.   

Looks like they got him goon on that leg

Looks like K3 male :

Hope they find each others, that would be a huge blow, i always taught of him as their leader.

Are we sure Gijimas caught him? Doesnt look like he has any scars/injuries from this angle.
From the video he looks so young. I thought these 3/4 boys were at least 4.5yrs old with bigger mane and the youngest one around 3.5yrs old. To me he looks young like a 3yrs old but then again i am not good with lion i.d. as they all mostly look the same to me

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 04-15-2023

(04-14-2023, 11:53 PM)Robot00 Wrote: From the video he looks so young. I thought these 3/4 boys were at least 4.5yrs old with bigger mane and the youngest one around 3.5yrs old. To me he looks young like a 3yrs old but then again i am not good with lion i.d. as they all mostly look the same to me

They are those ages, but dont have big manes yet, same as 2 Talamati boys, who are also their age but also still didnt grow manes.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Mapokser - 04-15-2023

@Robot00 I think this is just what the average young lion looks like, not only the 6 Kambulas. Talamatis also have almost no mane and are 4+.

Only some specific lions with good genetics for mane like PCM develop quickly.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Duco Ndona - 04-15-2023

As people hear the big succes stories al the time they tend to forget how rough and dangerous it is for young males out there. 

Lots of stress and lack of food means little mane. So that is the norm for lions at that stage of life. In zoos for comparison, the can have a full mane around two years old.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - lionuk - 04-15-2023

The Nkuhuma male has been seen today with some quite fresh minor injuries on him
Vid credit: Omega Godi

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Duco Ndona - 04-15-2023

I think that shoulder wound is older. But I am not sure?

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 04-15-2023

(04-15-2023, 07:53 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: I think that shoulder wound is older. But I am not sure?

Thats not a wound, thats "black spot" which usually males have on rear hip, but some have on front.

Tinyo had it on front aswell.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Mwk85 - 04-18-2023

Nkuhuma male seen at Idube.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Mdz123 - 04-18-2023

(04-18-2023, 05:29 AM)Mwk85 Wrote: Nkuhuma male seen at Idube.

His mane seems a bit darker then usual here. Probably the lighting makes it that way. This boy, much like Skorro Jr. has lost lots of mane. I hope he finally gets to become adominant male one day, as hes never been one

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 04-18-2023

(04-18-2023, 06:04 AM)Mdz123 Wrote: I hope he finally gets to become adominant male one day, as hes never been one

Hes been, with Nhenha, for few months.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Mdz123 - 04-18-2023

(04-18-2023, 07:31 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-18-2023, 06:04 AM)Mdz123 Wrote: I hope he finally gets to become adominant male one day, as hes never been one

Hes been, with Nhenha, for few months.

Yeah, but that was a very short stint and he didnt sire any cubs. Im hoping for him to actually have a long time as a dominant and be succesful

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - criollo2mil - 04-18-2023

Seems three Kambula brothers have reunited and are accompanied with their sister. 

Seen on the Inyati Traverse area today.   

I’m trying to DL video but internet isn’t cooperatingSad