WildFact
Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage (/topic-birmingham-coalition-male-lineage)

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 09-18-2022

(09-18-2022, 10:07 PM)Potato Wrote: Looks like Kambula/Ntsevu subs, probably older videos unless infertile adult Kambula lionesses and one of the missing (on the southern ventures) males (as 5 males in total can be seen on the video) rejoined with sub adult group up in the north.

This is old video.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - BorntobeWild - 09-19-2022

(09-18-2022, 11:53 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(09-18-2022, 10:07 PM)Potato Wrote: Looks like Kambula/Ntsevu subs, probably older videos unless infertile adult Kambula lionesses and one of the missing (on the southern ventures) males (as 5 males in total can be seen on the video) rejoined with sub adult group up in the north.

This is old video.

Thank you for pointing this out.

I understand some Youtubers' passion for wild animals by highlighting some special moments, but they really need to credit the original owners and note the date of recording. It is very confusing and I  am gonna unsubscribe from this channel.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 09-27-2022

NK male back in western sector, looks like without Nhenha :

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - criollo2mil - 09-27-2022

(09-27-2022, 06:53 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: NK male back in western sector, looks like without Nhenha :

I saw a IG story video of both roaring at night.   But video is now gone.    I suspect Nhenha is close by

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - criollo2mil - 09-27-2022

I found the video here:

Filmed at Ulusaba 

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - BA0701 - 09-27-2022

Man, I hope the Othawas are able to avoid them. Speaking of the B-Boys, has anyone heard about Ximungwe and Gingerella lately? Last I heard was soon after the B-Boys encounter with PCMs, when Skorro Jr apparently paid a visit, but don't recall hearing much since. If Mangheni has actually returned to the pride full-time, and Tsalala Princess is alone, it would be great if those 3 could join up, surely they have crossed paths by now.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - afortich - 09-27-2022

(09-27-2022, 07:15 PM)BA0701 Wrote: Man, I hope the Othawas are able to avoid them. Speaking of the B-Boys, has anyone heard about Ximungwe and Gingerella lately? Last I heard was soon after the B-Boys encounter with PCMs, when Skorro Jr apparently paid a visit, but don't recall hearing much since. If Mangheni has actually returned to the pride full-time, and Tsalala Princess is alone, it would be great if those 3 could join up, surely they have crossed paths by now.

I really hope that what you saying about Tsalala, Ximungwe and Gingeralla happens!!

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 09-29-2022

Kambula young males at Londolozi :

Photo credits : gpbarbie19

*This image is copyright of its original author

Kambula #5 and #4:

Photo credits : danhirshowitz

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Horizon - 09-29-2022

I know there’s a separate thread for Selatis and I don’t wont to cause a diversion here. Whenever I see young males go past the age of 4 years, I think of Selatis.
Will these Kambula boys be looking for territory soon or may be in six months time? They seem to be well past 4 years now. 2 males separated and the rest of the males sticking together and intact?

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 09-29-2022

(09-29-2022, 02:57 PM)Horizon Wrote: Will these Kambula boys be looking for territory soon or may be in six months time? They seem to be well past 4 years now. 2 males separated and the rest of the males sticking together and intact?

They are not well pass 4 (except 2 oldest) , these 3/4 will turn 4 yrs these months, 1 is  half a year younger, with that, yea, they should be starting to "sniff" around in the coming months, although when they will start to challenge other males for territory, depends of individuals/coalitions, some start sooner, some later.

2 Talamatis are around their age, and are still with natal pride, so yea, it depends.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Timbavati - 09-29-2022

The Kambula #4 resemblances a lot to Nhenha

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - criollo2mil - 09-29-2022

After an unsuccessful chase after three old buffalo bulls, two young males from the Ntsevu breakaway scan the horizon in disappointment.

Kambula YMs 3 & 5

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - BigLion39 - 09-30-2022

Also I think #3 is Nhenas for sure. I can't pinpoint on who #5 looks like tho?

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 09-30-2022

(09-30-2022, 12:01 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: Also I think #3 is Nhenas for sure. I can't pinpoint on who #5 looks like tho?

Nsuku.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - sundarbans - 09-30-2022

(09-29-2022, 06:28 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: After an unsuccessful chase after three old buffalo bulls, two young males from the Ntsevu breakaway scan the horizon in disappointment.

Kambula YMs 3 & 5

#5 looks a lot smaller than #3. Weren't Males 3, 4, and 5 littermates? If yes, huge difference in size between the two.