WildFact
Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage (/topic-birmingham-coalition-male-lineage)

RE: BBoys sons - Tonpa - 03-27-2022

Nhenha and Nkuhuma Male 26/03/22

RE: BBoys sons - Tr1x24 - 03-27-2022

More of NK male and Nhenha, with NK male roaring again (last slide) :

RE: BBoys sons - Chris - 03-27-2022

Um you can just see the difference of what experience can do to you. The nkhuma male with lack of experience has been roaring constantly, yet the Birmingham male has yet to roar. Knowing good and well that his son is not ready.

RE: BBoys sons - Tr1x24 - 03-28-2022

(03-27-2022, 07:29 PM)Chris Wrote: Um you can just see the difference of what experience can do to you. The nkhuma male with lack of experience has been roaring constantly, yet the Birmingham male has yet to roar. Knowing good and well that his son is not ready.

Dont think so. 

Nkuhuma male is 3 months short of 6 years old, most succesfull coalitions become dominant between 4.5 - 5 yrs old (which is average). Nkuhuma male is more then ready ,and if Styx make didn't die, he would be already dominant male half a year ago.

In  this case, Nhenha is the one who is "undecisive"   at 11 yrs old, its big question if he still has the drive to become dominant male again, its very rare that male after his 10 yrs of age fights for another chance.

Its up to Nhenha if this coalition will try to conqer territory or not.

RE: BBoys sons - Chris - 03-28-2022

(03-28-2022, 02:54 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(03-27-2022, 07:29 PM)Chris Wrote: Um you can just see the difference of what experience can do to you. The nkhuma male with lack of experience has been roaring constantly, yet the Birmingham male has yet to roar. Knowing good and well that his son is not ready.

Dont think so. 

Nkuhuma male is 3 months short of 6 years old, most succesfull coalitions become dominant between 4.5 - 5 yrs old (which is average). Nkuhuma male is more then ready ,and if Styx make didn't die, he would be already dominant male half a year ago.

In  this case, Nhenha is the one who is "undecisive"   at 11 yrs old, its big question if he still has the drive to become dominant male again, its very rare that male after his 10 yrs of age fights for another chance.

Just because that average male lion having a pride is by 6 years old, doesn’t mean he’s ready. Look at his surroundings, Nhena knows the avocas are stronger, plains camp males are stronger, Kruger males stronger, and I haven’t even gotten to the 4 Nwas. The viable route is the tumbela male and his weak brother. Nkhuma needs a little more time, or if the kambula young males join to be actually ready, because numbers play a big role in the lion world.

RE: BBoys sons - DE_66 - 03-28-2022

(11-19-2021, 01:40 AM)Timbavati Wrote:
(11-19-2021, 01:01 AM)RookiePundit Wrote: Glad that he beat the odds being a lone young male in a pride, found a coalition partner and even in an area that is well covered and not in a info black hole that is Kruger proper. On a good track to be an overachiever really (relative to starting situation, genetically he seems to be dealt a strong hand).

Against all odds. The Torchwood young male proven us how incredible and poetic the nature can be. Ironically, his new partner, Is related with him by his grand-fathers/mothers. Since the BYM was sired by white dot and white dot is said to be Nhenha mother (from what I heard)

Do we know who TYMs mother is?  If she's a Matimba daughter, then the connection is even closer.

RE: BBoys sons - DE_66 - 03-28-2022

(09-15-2021, 01:21 AM)RookiePundit Wrote: Well ntsevu is an actual number in shangaan, it means six. So let's wait how many of them would actually move around as an unit once that's clear. Five is ntlhanu btw (h is silent afaik). They might end with something random like Nhwalungu (?) aka Northern for Styx and Nkuhuma (the name did not last long though).

Not sure about the meaning of Kambula, is it a local place?

Kambula = Campbell in the local language.  Campbell as in Campbell Koppies.  

The Kambula Pride (malamala.com)

After much discussion amongst us all, it was finally decided to name the six lionesses the ‘Kambula Pride’. “Kambula” refers to the name the Shangaan speaking people (during the early days of the establishment of MalaMala) gave to one, William Alfred Campbell, who throughout his life was affectionately known as ‘Wac’. It is after this man that those same Koppies on which the lionesses originally denned on, are named after, now today known again as Campbell Koppies. This stunning granite outcrop dominates the skyline when looking out from camp, surrounded by some of the most picturesque and wildlife rich areas on offer. It was one of the first areas in which hunting was prohibited on MalaMala due its proximity to camp and rich game viewing during those early days and was always earmarked as an area ‘for the enjoyment of the wildlife’. No doubt a great place for a pride of lions to include in their territory.

RE: BBoys sons - Slayerd - 03-28-2022

Dont think so. 

(03-28-2022, 06:50 AM)Chris Wrote:

Dont think so. 

Just because that average male lion having a pride is by 6 years old, doesn’t mean he’s ready. Look at his surroundings, Nhena knows the avocas are stronger, plains camp males are stronger, Kruger males stronger, and I haven’t even gotten to the 4 Nwas. The viable route is the tumbela male and his weak brother. Nkhuma needs a little more time, or if the kambula young males join to be actually ready, because numbers play a big role in the lion world.

It's similar to Solo and Cleo. Cleo pulled Solo into a territorial battle because he was young and aggressive and wanted a territory. Nhenha might just get pulled into an altercation without him creating it. To the Nkuhuma Male, he has a partner that can help him takeover a new territory. On the other hand, Nhenha has experience in takeovers and knows what it means to raor in another males territory.

RE: BBoys sons - Tr1x24 - 03-28-2022

(03-28-2022, 06:50 AM)Chris Wrote: Just because that average male lion having a pride is by 6 years old, doesn’t mean he’s ready. Look at his surroundings, Nhena knows the avocas are stronger, plains camp males are stronger, Kruger males stronger, and I haven’t even gotten to the 4 Nwas. The viable route is the tumbela male and his weak brother. Nkhuma needs a little more time, or if the kambula young males join to be actually ready, because numbers play a big role in the lion world.

I dont think Nkuhuma male needs more time, he is not young male anymore, he is basically on doorstep of his prime years. 

We actually dont know how would Nhenha and NK male fair against other pairings such as N. Avocas, PC males or Tumbelas, ofc they cant do nothing to 4 N'ws. 

I dont think Nhenha and NK are scared of any of those coalitions of 2 tbh, or outmached by any means, both Tumbelas and N. Avocas have only 1 full healthy male, and PC boys, althrough look impressive, are only just over 4.5 yrs old, and fairly inexperienced in territorial battles against adult males. 

But then again, i think its up to Nhenha if they will try to challenge any of those. 

As @Slayerd said, Nkuhuma might pull Nhenha in something he doesnt 100% want, that might actually be dangerous for Nkuhuma, if he wont have 100% backup from Nhenha in those situations, especially as their bond is not as strong yet as of their enemies.

RE: BBoys sons - Mdz123 - 03-28-2022

(03-28-2022, 05:10 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: As @Slayerd said, Nkuhuma might pull Nhenha in something he doesnt 100% want, that might actually be dangerous for Nkuhuma, if he wont have 100% backup from Nhenha in those situations, especially as their bond is not as strong yet as of their enemies.

I agree with everything you said, expect that imo the bond between NYM and Nhena bond is already pretty strong, considering it only took a few days for them to remember each other. Additionally they were seen grooming each other and sleeping very close together. This means that they are pretty much already an established coalition.

I also do believe that Nhena is a fully nomadic male, since he is now moving all over the place and accepting NYM as his new partner. Since Nhena is no longer territorial, I Wonder who will claim the rest of Kambula pride. It is a possibility that NYM just leads Nhena back to the pride and maybe take back a few lionesses although it is dangerous since N’was males are always nearby and NYM is inexperienced.

RE: BBoys sons - DARK MANE - 03-28-2022

(03-28-2022, 05:21 PM)Mdz123 Wrote: I Wonder who will claim the rest of Kambula pride. It is a possibility that NYM just leads Nhena back to the pride and maybe take back a few lionesses although it is dangerous since N’was males are always nearby and NYM is inexperienced.Reply
There is no more kambula pride remain unoccupied. 
Just one female with 4 cubs was seen in the past two latest videos. That means 5 girls are already being " SETTLED " with n'wshaka boys. 
Even a couple of kambula breakaway girls ( daughters of nsuku and nhenha) we're seen with n'wshaka boys. Chasing these young girls would always be a risk from these 4 males until unless nkuhuma and nhenha are on mission WHATEVER IT TAKES. 
Nhenha has seen all the ups ( with 2 S. matimbas, thanda impi coalition) and downs ( with N. Avocas and nwaswitshaka) in his life. Also nkuhuma male has seen departure of BIGBOY mangheni ( majingi sons) and styx male recently. 
I know we can nevenever trust lion instincts but this coalition of two iis already seems very abnormal and unusual dudue to the reasons tell by @Tr1x24
The story could be totally different if they has full support of 6 kambula males too ( but it will take atleast 1 year for the eldest ones to join and whether they will join and how many of them will join is again a question)) . 

Although I am not a expert, but my instinct says, it would be best for these two to wait for 6 more months and let the mangheni cubs to bbe 1.5 yrs old or so. 3 older mangheni girls already know nhenha. One of them had a daughter with hum too in 2018 I guess. 
Also nkuhuma male was seen mating with one of the mangheni girl few months ago. 

SeSecond best option could be go for ottowas and fight with tumbellas for that.

RE: BBoys sons - sik94 - 03-29-2022

(03-28-2022, 05:10 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: I dont think Nkuhuma male needs more time, he is not young male anymore, he is basically on doorstep of his prime years. 

Agree.

(03-28-2022, 05:10 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Nkuhuma might pull Nhenha in something he doesnt 100% want

I don't think NK will challenge anyone if he doesn't feel Nhena will back him up. NK will pickup on this reluctance from Nhena way before any of us, I think Nhena will fully back him up, he hasn't forgotten how to be a territorial male and he isn't very old either. Once they know they have the upper hand, Nhena will sprint into action and will probably lead the fight with his experience, not to say NK isn't experienced enough because the last couple years definitely taught him how to handle himself.

RE: BBoys sons - lionuk - 03-29-2022

Nkuhuma male
Credit: afriquesurmesure

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: BBoys sons - criollo2mil - 03-29-2022

New sighting of 3/6 Kambula Male Subs.   These 3 are the three littermates that have remained together away from the other groups 

RE: BBoys sons - Mdz123 - 03-29-2022

(03-29-2022, 05:10 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: New sighting of 3/6 Kambula Male Subs.   These 3 are the three littermates that have remained together away from the other groups 

Same 3 seen with NYM and Nhena?