WildFact
Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage (/topic-birmingham-coalition-male-lineage)

RE: BBoys sons - Tr1x24 - 09-27-2021

(09-27-2021, 01:51 AM)Potato Wrote: As far as I remember and if birth dates of Kambula males presented by Mala Mala are correct, Mfumo unfortunately can not be a father of any set of Kambula males.

Aren't first cubs born around June/July 2018?

Mfumo was seen mating with Kambula females in March 2018, maybe even after, here is the photo, 18.March :

*This image is copyright of its original author

So he could be the father of some from earliest litters.

RE: BBoys sons - Potato - 09-27-2021

Yeah first litter in June and second in July so actually it seems he can be the father of those 2 litters. My bad.

RE: BBoys sons - Michael - 09-27-2021

I think number 1 looks like Nhenha and number 2 looks a lot like Mfumo, go look at young pictures of Mfumo, very similar eyes specially

The others it's hard to tell

RE: BBoys sons - Timbavati - 09-27-2021

(09-26-2021, 07:45 PM)lionuk Wrote: Left one looks like Nhenha and the one on the right looks like Tinyo. Anyone is welcome to input their thoughts..

I couldn't be more agreed. The young male in the left resemblances a lot to Nhenha, the young male in the right looks like a bit to Mfumo/Tinyo and Nhenha (He has Nhenha stare)

RE: BBoys sons - Slayerd - 09-27-2021

(09-26-2021, 05:24 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: So, i made some more recent ID shots of Kambula young males. 

Old photos :

Newer ones:

Male #4 (top left) 

Male #2 (top right) 

Male # 1 (bottom left) 

Male #5 (bottom middle) 

Male #3 (bottom right) 

And the 6th, youngest male

Got them confused here. 

Your male 3 is actually Male #1
Male #2 is correct 
Male #3 I would put as your male 5 
Male #4 would be your male 1
Male #5 would be your male 4
Male #6 is correct

The reason I place them in this order
Male #1 is born to Kambula #1 as is the oldest 
Male #2 is born to Kambula #3 and is the second 
Male #3, #4 and #5 are all born to Kambula #4 and are litter mates but Kambula #5 seems to not resemble his 2 other brothers. Looks like he has another father which is a possibility in Lion litters. I put them in this order because Male #3 and #4 resemble each other and Male #5 does not. 
Male #6 is born to Kambula #5 and is the youngest.

RE: BBoys sons - Timbavati - 09-27-2021

(09-27-2021, 07:28 PM)Slayerd Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 05:24 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: So, i made some more recent ID shots of Kambula young males. 

Old photos :

Newer ones:

Male #4 (top left) 

Male #2 (top right) 

Male # 1 (bottom left) 

Male #5 (bottom middle) 

Male #3 (bottom right) 

And the 6th, youngest male

Got them confused here. 

Male #2 is correct 
Male #5 would be your male 4
Male #6 is correct

Male #3, #4 and #5 are all born to Kambula #4 and are litter mates but Kambula #5 seems to not resemble his 2 other brothers. Looks like he has another father which is a possibility in Lion litters. I put them in this order because Male #3 and #4 resemble each other and Male #5 does not. 

That's a good observation @Slayerd definitely a helpful information for new followers of these boys.

So this is the right order

Kambula #1-  eldest
(Father- probably the only possible cub of Mfumo and he does resemble him but Nhenha is a possibility) 
Kambula #2- second eldest 
(Father- striking resemblance to Tinyo, has a bear like look) 
Kambula #3 - one of the littermates, has a more Kambula look
(Father- most probably Nhenha, has a lot of Nhenha features such as face shape and eyes)
Kambula #4 - one of the littermates, has a more Birmingham Boy look
(Father- striking resemblance to Nhenha) 
Kambula #5 - one of the littermates, does not resemble his two other brother
(Father- possibly Nsuku, has big eyes and Nsuku face shape) 
Kambula #6 - youngest 
(Father - also Nhenha, has Nhenha face shape and eye shape, green eyes and small nose like his mother)

(09-27-2021, 07:28 PM)Slayerd Wrote: Got them confused here. 

Male #2 is correct 
Male #5 would be your male 6
Male #6 is correct

I didn't put them in correct birth order, because idk that, i put them based of size, first 3 males are bigger then other 2, so i assume they must be older.

My males 1-3 (idk who is older between them) are definitely bigger and more developed then my #4 and #5 :

Male #1

Male #5

Side by side :

I think Male #1 is definitely bigger then Male #4 and #5, but yea, it doesnt have to mean that he is older. 

Again, i didn't put them in birth order, i basically put 3 biggest and more developed first.

(09-27-2021, 08:09 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 07:28 PM)Slayerd Wrote: Got them confused here. 

Male #2 is correct 
Male #5 would be your male 6
Male #6 is correct

I didn't put them in correct birth order, because idk that, i put them based of size, first 3 males are bigger then other 2, so i assume they must be older.

My males 1-3 (idk who is older between them) are definitely bigger and more developed then my #4 and #5 :

Male #1

Male #5

Side by side :

I think Male #1 is definitely bigger then Male #4 and #5, but yea, it doesnt have to mean that he is older. 

Again, i didn't put them in birth order, i basically put 3 biggest and more developed first.

I think it's definitely better to go by age like we do with most lions. Also I'm pretty sure from what I have seen Male #1 is still the biggest. I think Male #4 which is your Male 1 is the second largest but he is around three or four months younger than Male #1. Male #2 and #3 are similar in size. #5 is slightly smaller and #6 is obviously the smallest but he has room to grow.

(09-27-2021, 08:20 PM)Slayerd Wrote: I think it's definitely better to go by age like we do with most lions. Also I'm pretty sure from what I have seen Male #1 is still the biggest. I think Male #4 which is your Male 1 is the second largest but he is around three or four months younger than Male #1. Male #2 and #3 are similar in size. #5 is slightly smaller and #6 is obviously the smallest but he has room to grow.

Well, i couldn't do it because I didn't have info, this was purely made that males can be distinguished one from another, i didn't meant to make it in order or to name them.

(09-27-2021, 08:52 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 08:20 PM)Slayerd Wrote: I think it's definitely better to go by age like we do with most lions. Also I'm pretty sure from what I have seen Male #1 is still the biggest. I think Male #4 which is your Male 1 is the second largest but he is around three or four months younger than Male #1. Male #2 and #3 are similar in size. #5 is slightly smaller and #6 is obviously the smallest but he has room to grow.

Well, i couldn't do it because I didn't have info, this was purely made that males can be distinguished one from another, i didn't meant to make it in order or to name them.
Glad I could help provide that info then. Im pretty sure this is a concrete way of looking at all 6 individuals from now on until they get their own names or if they ever do. Named in order of their birth and information is provided on the origin and identity of each of the 6 males.
And each are individually recognizable from one another including the 3 litter mates.

RE: BBoys sons - lionuk - 09-28-2021

One of subadult males

RE: BBoys sons - Tr1x24 - 10-02-2021

Kambula young male:

Photo Credits : diressh_parbhoo

RE: BBoys sons - lionuk - 10-02-2021

A Kambula subadult male lion crossing the Sand River in pursuit of his siblings.
Photo credit: MalaMala

RE: BBoys sons - Timbavati - 10-02-2021

One of the Kambula/Ntsevu young males
Photo credits: Diressh Parbhoo