WildFact
Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage (/topic-birmingham-coalition-male-lineage)

RE: BBoys sons - NCAT33 - 09-15-2021

(09-14-2021, 10:17 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 10:09 PM)NCAT33 Wrote: This practice of naming coalitions and males after their father's is a horrible idea and creates confusion especially if they are still living. Example old Avoca versus New Avocas, just give them a separate name.

Yea, but who should give them new names?

I would assume the rangers, but I'm not sure how that entire process works

RE: BBoys sons - RookiePundit - 09-15-2021

Well ntsevu is an actual number in shangaan, it means six. So let's wait how many of them would actually move around as an unit once that's clear. Five is ntlhanu btw (h is silent afaik). They might end with something random like Nhwalungu (?) aka Northern for Styx and Nkuhuma (the name did not last long though).

Not sure about the meaning of Kambula, is it a local place?

RE: BBoys sons - Calvitoo - 09-15-2021

(09-14-2021, 10:09 PM)NCAT33 Wrote: This practice of naming coalitions and males after their father's is a horrible idea and creates confusion especially if they are still living. Example old Avoca versus New Avocas, just give them a separate name.

it's just my opinion, it's not that they have to be called that

RE: BBoys sons - Timbavati - 09-15-2021

It isn't still a problem of which we should be quite worried about. I'm sure rangers will give named them once they star their nomadic journey. The Timbavati rangers will given a name to the Torchwood and BYM males soon. A quite interesting name!

RE: BBoys sons - Tr1x24 - 09-15-2021

It depends where will Kambula young males settle, and that might not be in Sabi Sands or reserves like Timbavati/Manyeleti, yet Kruger, areas where theres nobody who can name them.

RE: BBoys sons - Tr1x24 - 09-16-2021

Nkuhuma young male as subadult, June 2018, Nkorho Bush Lodge:

*This image is copyright of its original author

Torchwood young male as subadult, September 2018, Nkorho Bush Lodge :

RE: BBoys sons - Tr1x24 - 09-17-2021

Most recognizeble of the Kambula boys, young male who looks to be sired by Tinyo/Mfumo, at Umkumbe :

Photo Credits : das_is_juan

RE: BBoys sons - Tr1x24 - 09-26-2021

So, i made some more recent ID shots of Kambula young males. 

Old photos :

Newer ones:

Male #1 (top left) 

Male #2 (top right) 

Male #3 (bottom left) 

Male #4 (bottom middle) 

Male #5 (bottom right) 

And the 6th, youngest male

RE: BBoys sons - Hairy tummy - 09-26-2021

Great work tr1x24, i wish them guys all the best for the future

RE: BBoys sons - lionuk - 09-26-2021

Left one looks like Nhenha and the one on the right looks like Tinyo. Anyone is welcome to input their thoughts..

RE: BBoys sons - Potato - 09-26-2021

(09-26-2021, 07:45 PM)lionuk Wrote: Left one looks like Nhenha and the one on the right looks like Tinyo. Anyone is welcome to input their thoughts..

Both look like Tinyo to my. I would say #1 and #3 - Nhenha, #2 and #5 - Tinyo, #4 and #6 - Nsuku.

RE: BBoys sons - Calvitoo - 09-26-2021

(09-26-2021, 07:45 PM)lionuk Wrote: Left one looks like Nhenha and the one on the right looks like Tinyo. Anyone is welcome to input their thoughts..

He also looks a bit like Mfumo, but the one on the left is almost identical to his father. They will be beautiful boys

RE: BBoys sons - Calvitoo - 09-26-2021

(09-26-2021, 08:04 PM)Potato Wrote:

Both look like Tinyo to my. I would say #1 and #3 - Nhenha, #2 and #5 - Tinyo, #4 and #6 - Nsuku.

I think numbers 2 and 5 make you doubt who looks like Mfumo or Tinyo, but these 6 guys are the great future of SS.

RE: BBoys sons - Tr1x24 - 09-27-2021

(09-26-2021, 11:47 PM)Calvitoo Wrote: I think numbers 2 and 5 make you doubt who looks like Mfumo or Tinyo, but these 6 guys are the great future of SS.

Well, its yet to be seen if they will stay in Sabi Sands or move further, thats hard to predict.

RE: BBoys sons - Potato - 09-27-2021

(09-26-2021, 11:41 PM)Calvitoo Wrote:

He also looks a bit like Mfumo, but the one on the left is almost identical to his father. They will be beautiful boys

As far as I remember and if birth dates of Kambula males presented by Mala Mala are correct, Mfumo unfortunately can not be a father of any set of Kambula males.