WildFact
Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage (/topic-birmingham-coalition-male-lineage)

RE: BBoys sons - Tr1x24 - 06-11-2021

(06-11-2021, 03:37 AM)Potato Wrote: From the April Mala Mala raport

THE KAMBULA PRIDE = 19 
3 ADULT FEMALES ± 8 YEARS 1 MONTH 
3 ADULT FEMALES ± 7 YEARS 10 MONTHS 
6 SUB ADULT FEMALES ± 2 YEARS 8 MONTHS 
5 SUB ADULT MALES ± 2 YEARS 8 MONTHS 
2 CUBS 1 YEAR 11 MONTHS

As he said, he wants exact birth dates of subadults, they are not born in same month as MalaMala reports say, they are born from mid to late 2018,i dont know the litters exactly..

I think they are 2 or 3 older males, and 2 or 3 younger ones, no idea for females..

RE: BBoys sons - Dreadlocks - 06-11-2021

(06-11-2021, 12:14 AM)Mistry109 Wrote: Hey guys, 

I'm not sure if it is already done here, but it would be really great if someone who knows details on the kambula pride can list when each litter was born regarding the 14 subs. 
I know roughly the months etc... but i dont think its accurate because i got it from Londolozi. 
Does anyone know for 100% which date each litter was born and how many in each litter?

that time Mala Mala FB page every 3-4 days posted safari updates, if you really interesting you can check it. as i remember first litter of four born  july, 2 in august and 1 in september. fifth lioness gave birth april - may 2019.

RE: BBoys sons - Potato - 06-12-2021

From Mala Mala January 2020 raport

3 CUBS 1 YEAR 7 MONTHS 
3 CUBS 1 YEAR 6 MONTHS 
2 CUBS 1 YEAR 5 MONTHS 
3 CUBS 1 YEAR 4 MONTHS 
4 CUBS 8 MONTHS

Differences in age between those litters (beside last one) are so minor that they do not matter.

RE: BBoys sons - Potato - 06-12-2021

RE: BBoys sons - Mabingilane - 06-14-2021

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. 
I have seen the data posted by MalaMala on their Monthly reports but they aren't very consistant. But it's something to go by. 
My notes on the subs are rather different so i'm trying to find more accurate Months of each litter and which female gave birth to how many. 
Thank you all for your info and input. 
I will post what i have here... 

After all these years, the Kambula subs and new Mangheni cubs are very difficult to keep tabs on.

RE: BBoys sons - lionuk - 06-15-2021

I understand that Birmingham Males controlled Nkuhuma Pride from 2015 to 2018, but they had only one Birm-Nk male, that has made it to adulthood, right? 
All other male cubs died in 2016 due to some disease or something, right?

RE: BBoys sons - Tr1x24 - 06-15-2021

(06-15-2021, 12:52 AM)lionuk Wrote: I understand that Birmingham Males controlled Nkuhuma Pride from 2015 to 2018, but they had only one Birm-Nk male, that has made it to adulthood, right? 

Dont know how many male cubs (if any) where born, but 4 females and 1 young male made it to adulthood.

RE: BBoys sons - Slayerd - 06-15-2021

(06-15-2021, 12:52 AM)lionuk Wrote: I understand that Birmingham Males controlled Nkuhuma Pride from 2015 to 2018, but they had only one Birm-Nk male, that has made it to adulthood, right? 

Yes there were cubs that died of mange and there were 2 Nkuhuma males in 2017 but only 1 survived. Really unlucky for the Bboys cubs in the North. The Torchwood Young Male was unluckily born into a Pride with no brothers. He has 8 or 9 sisters but the Styx and Nkuhuma lost many cubs to mange and unfortunately both boys ended up alone in the end. Even the Tsalala female unfortunately lost 2 cubs to a leopard and 1 was a male. However, despite all these tragedies the Birmingham Boys still have a great legacy and have 6 sons in the Kambula Pride

RE: BBoys sons - Tonpa - 06-19-2021

Styx boy-o, not sure if recent 

RE: BBoys sons - sik94 - 06-19-2021

(06-19-2021, 12:31 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Styx boy-o, not sure if recent 

Looks like he has eyeliner on haha reminds me of a young nhena with that relatively unscarred face.

RE: BBoys sons - Potato - 06-22-2021

Styx

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: BBoys sons - Psyckoo - 06-23-2021

Birmingham legacy in action
Credit : pcfvanwyk / MalaMala
Report : 'The apples have fallen far from the trees when it comes to the Kambula pride and buffalo hunting. The 11 sub adults are well on their way to becoming masters. After a 45min battle the writing was on the wall for this bull until a herd of elephants came to its rescue late yesterday morning.'

RE: BBoys sons - Tonpa - 06-25-2021

"With the Othawa Male no longer controlling the western section of Londolozi and his distinctive roars but a mere memory, a number of young males have taken this opportunity to chance their luck at claiming the territory. The Nkuhuma Young Male was found moving around by himself this particular morning. Normally being found alongside the Styx Young Male these two had been separated temporarily. They have been found often along the edge of the Birmingham Males’ territory in what used to be to the Othawa Male. Interesting times lay ahead of us with the lion dynamics."
https://blog.londolozi.com/2021/06/25/the-week-in-pictures-498/

RE: BBoys sons - Tonpa - 06-29-2021

NK & Styx (i hope) in Singita

RE: BBoys sons - Tr1x24 - 06-29-2021

(06-29-2021, 11:29 PM)Tonpa Wrote: NK & Styx (i hope) in Singita

Yes, they are.

Here is another photo of them:

Photo Credits : Singita