WildFact
Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage (/topic-birmingham-coalition-male-lineage)

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - BA0701 - 03-19-2024

(03-19-2024, 10:12 PM)Mapokser Wrote: She was, all 5 said to be together.

Thank you, my friend

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Mapokser - 03-26-2024

Credits to Brooke Sheila Melvin.

Snipped-tail Kambula and partner with a lioness:

*This image is copyright of its original author

He looks pretty beaten, look at his paws:

He might have fought his dark-maned partner, if that happened, it seems Pretoriouskop won:

Tall guy:

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Ngonya - 03-26-2024

Guys, would y'all prefer to post about the Kambula (both coalitions, K1 & K2 | K3, K4, K5, K6 & sister) in the appropriate topic, Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage or continue with the mess of sometimes posting in the Lions of Sabi Sands?

Me myself am confused in where to post and have already uploaded in both. Just want to know what would be more apropriate.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - afortich - 03-26-2024

(03-26-2024, 03:20 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Credits to Brooke Sheila Melvin.

Snipped-tail Kambula and partner with a lioness:

Nice pics bro. It looks like he had skirmish due to some scratches in his front legs.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - BA0701 - 03-26-2024

(03-26-2024, 03:46 AM)Ngonya Wrote: Guys, would y'all prefer to post about the Kambula (both coalitions, K1 & K2 | K3, K4, K5, K6 & sister) in the appropriate topic, Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage or continue with the mess of sometimes posting in the Lions of Sabi Sands?

Me myself am confused in where to post and have already uploaded in both. Just want to know what would be more apropriate.

My friend, I believe what is causing an issue is that this thread is the "Male Lineage" thread, and the four boys are often seen with their sister, who is technically still a Kambula lioness. We don't often see such things happening, but at times it can be difficult to create threads that can thoroughly encompass all scenarios. So, while I am not sure anyone would push back much if we just posted anything containing the boys in this thread, even if they contained images with their sister, and certainly when photos are released only showing them then this is surely the right place. But, I do believe this is where the confusion is coming from.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Ngonya - 03-26-2024

Older Kambula (K1) and his partner Pretoriuskop with a lioness in KNP 

by Astrid Bjurmell Sweden

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Ngonya - 03-30-2024

"Just back from another amazing trip to the bush! This is one of the males from the Ntsevu breakaway pride taking a drink after feeding on a fresh Buffalo kill. [...] Londolozi Game Reserve South Africa - 3/2024" By Dan Harlacher

Kambula boy #3

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Ngonya - 03-30-2024

Londolozi - The Week in Pictures #642
"One of the Ntsevu Males looking at a herd of zebras in the distance." March 1, 2024
K6 (this boy has the darkest mane, his eyes are really stunning and he has a characteristically shaped scar near the right eye)

"After a long tracking mission, basically across the entire length of the Londolozi property, we found the Ntsevu Males moments before they crossed our southern boundary." March 1, 2024
K4 - K5

By Patrick Grealy

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Ngonya - 04-01-2024

K4 - The biggest, the leader and the most ambitious of Sabi Sand's 4 Kambula brothers... At least for now

Tinged by Matt Rochford |?in Londolozi
Let's hope that his brothers become confident and bold like him soon, so that they stop being a promising coalition and become an imposing and dominant force to be reckoned with

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Ngonya - 04-02-2024

Kambula Coalition in Sabi Sabi
"For several days, the Kambula Breakaways have been trailing a big herd of buffalo from the north of our reserve, to the south and all the way back to the north with numerous failed attempts. 
These lions have become extremely efficient buffalo hunters and have mastered the art of trailing buffalo. It's just a matter of time until they bring down the next large meal."

K3

K6 - K4

K6

K3 by Jonathan Sala

4 Kambula Boys, posted yesterday by Cristina González Chin

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - GhostCatP-22 - 04-03-2024

(04-02-2024, 05:56 AM)Ngonya Wrote: Kambula Coalition in Sabi Sabi
"For several days, the Kambula Breakaways have been trailing a big herd of buffalo from the north of our reserve, to the south and all the way back to the north with numerous failed attempts. 
These lions have become extremely efficient buffalo hunters and have mastered the art of trailing buffalo. It's just a matter of time until they bring down the next large meal."

K3

K6 - K4

K6

K3 by Jonathan Sala

4 Kambula Boys, posted yesterday by Cristina González Chin

Is their sister still with them? I love how they accept and take care of her and that she’s fiesty enough to live with 4 males. I know there’s down sides to her staying but she’s a lot safer with them. I’d love to see her eventually get accepted by a pride or another lone lioness.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Ngonya - 04-03-2024

The Kambula males got intense with one another when one Nkuhuma female decided to join in on the buffalo carcass they were feeding on.
@elephantplainsgamelodge

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - BA0701 - 04-03-2024

(04-03-2024, 09:05 PM)Ngonya Wrote: The Kambula males got intense with one another when one Nkuhuma female decided to join in on the buffalo carcass they were feeding on.
@elephantplainsgamelodge

I hope Khanya understands what is happening, and leaves that area.

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Ngonya - 04-08-2024

Londolozi - The Week in Pictures #643
"The Ntsevu Males are growing in stature and confidence each day. Hearing their roars from camp, we raced across the river to find them on the open crest in front of Varty camp, eyes fixed north as what we assumed was the Black Dam Male’s distant roars gave away their presence."

RE: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - BA0701 - 04-08-2024

(04-08-2024, 10:18 PM)Ngonya Wrote: Londolozi - The Week in Pictures #643
"The Ntsevu Males are growing in stature and confidence each day. Hearing their roars from camp, we raced across the river to find them on the open crest in front of Varty camp, eyes fixed north as what we assumed was the Black Dam Male’s distant roars gave away their presence."

While never wishing for conflict of any kind, a foolish desire I am aware, but I do indeed hope it is the BDMs, since they seem to have vanished.