WildFact
Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage (/topic-birmingham-coalition-male-lineage)

RE: BBoys sons - Potato - 10-23-2020

In the beautiful colours of the afternoon light, the Styx male lion, together with the Nkuhuma male and two Styx Pride females, were sleeping soundly in the middle of the road. With one eye open, he was keeping an eye on a herd of elephant approaching from the nearby thicket. When they got too close for comfort, the small pride got up and moved, but only mustered the energy to walk slightly up the road before flopping down to continue their cat nap.

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: BBoys sons - Gijima - 10-25-2020

(10-23-2020, 07:15 PM)Potato Wrote: In the beautiful colours of the afternoon light, the Styx male lion, together with the Nkuhuma male and two Styx Pride females, were sleeping soundly in the middle of the road. With one eye open, he was keeping an eye on a herd of elephant approaching from the nearby thicket. When they got too close for comfort, the small pride got up and moved, but only mustered the energy to walk slightly up the road before flopping down to continue their cat nap.

NK male reminds me so much of a young Mfumo (also around 4 in this picture):

RE: BBoys sons - Tr1x24 - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 11:02 PM)Gijima Wrote: NK male reminds me so much of a young Mfumo (also around 4 in this picture):

As I said before, i just dont see similarity between NK and Mfumo.. 

Styx is definitely Mfumos son:

While NK is most similar to Nsuku to me:

Nkuhuma doesnt have that "wide" jaw like Mfumo, Tinyo and Styx..

RE: BBoys sons - Potato - 10-26-2020

(10-25-2020, 11:24 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 11:02 PM)Gijima Wrote: NK male reminds me so much of a young Mfumo (also around 4 in this picture):

I would say the same + Nhenha as father of Torchwood male.

RE: BBoys sons - Gijima - 10-26-2020

(10-25-2020, 11:24 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

I can see both resemblances, depending on the angle.. It’ll be interesting to see when his mane starts coming in, if he gets Nsuku’s big beautiful mane or if he has a smaller mane like Mfumo.

RE: BBoys sons - Timbavati - 10-26-2020

That's look like accurate... The Torchwood young male more than sure that was sired by Nhenha. at least if we judging by their facial looks and size body.
Styx male look so similar with Mfumo in this photo.
The Nkuhuma young male in at least this Image. I'm agree with Gijima. He look as Mfumo from this angle.

RE: BBoys sons - Slayerd - 10-26-2020

The Nk Male at certain angles looks like Mfumo but his facial features resembles Nana Nkuhuma more than any of the Bboys. The Torchwood Young Male based off of looks and size as well as Nhenha taking an interest in the Torchwood Pride alot more than his brothers points towards him as the father. The Styx young male is the most confusing. He resembles Mfumo in certain pictures but also resembles Nhenha or Nsuku in others. For eg. The picture posted at the top of this page, he looks alot more like Nhenha or Nsuku in that photo and in others he takes after Mfumo so it's quite confusing with him. Because of his size, I lean towards Nhenha or Mfumo but it could very well be Nsuku as well.

RE: BBoys sons - Slayerd - 10-27-2020

Sabi sabi said that the Styx and Nkuhuma Young Males left the reserve East of Selati Camp which is Nottens area however it joins into Mala Mala. I hope they find the Torchwood Young Male but we will have to see their next move. Speaking of the Torchwood Young Male. He has been spending time alone or with one of his sisters. I wonder for how long though.

RE: BBoys sons - Tr1x24 - 10-27-2020

Malamala said that Torchwood male is 4
yrs and 7 months old:

That would mean that he is born in early 2016,and not in late 2016 as we speculated, and by that he is the oldest Bboys son.

RE: BBoys sons - Gijima - 10-27-2020

(10-27-2020, 11:51 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Malamala said that Torchwood male is 4
yrs and 7 months old:

That would mean that he is born in early 2016,and not in late 2016 as we speculated, and by that he is the oldest Bboys son.

Makes sense. The Bboys spent most of their time from late 2015-early 2016 in the east mating with Torchwoods. Lots of sightings of all of them by the Nkorho dam during early 2016.

RE: BBoys sons - BA0701 - 10-28-2020

yrs and 7 months old:

Not to mention, I believe he is one of the best looking lions around

RE: BBoys sons - Timbavati - 10-28-2020

yrs and 7 months old:

This really explains very well why the Torchwood young male has been looking much bigger in size and with a very better mane than their half-brothers (Styx and Nkuhuma young males.)

RE: BBoys sons - Timbavati - 10-28-2020

The young Torchwood male lying over a dirt mound at MalaMala Game Reserve.
Image by: Jaco Joubert - MalaMala GR,27/10/2020.

RE: BBoys sons - Slayerd - 10-28-2020

(10-28-2020, 12:44 AM)TinoArmando Wrote:
yrs and 7 months old:

This really explains very well why the Torchwood young male has been looking much bigger in size and with a very better mane than their half-brothers (Styx and Nkuhuma young males.)
No guys, you're wrong. Don't forget the picture I sent of him in late 2017 where you guys said he was 1. If Mala Mala was correct, he'd be looking like the Nkuhuma cubs do now. On previous Mala Mala reports, they stated his age as unknown. This is merely an estimation based off of the way he looks. Don't forget the Othawa Male, Styx Males and Charlestons who were also fast developing lions. There is a video as well of Nhenha and the Torchwood pride is September 2017 and none of the cubs looked the age you're describing. This is also not the first time we have seen Mala Mala wrong. Mala Mala also believes Nhenha is 8 and Tinyo is 9. To go even further, last year they said there was two 7 years olds and one 8 year old. After Nsuku passed away, it became one 7 year old and one 8 year old. When we all know Nsuku was the oldest and Nhenha was slightly older than Tinyo. Mala Mala is wrong here. The Torchwood Young Male is either 3 or just turned 4. The Nkuhuma Young Male is also an example as he looks younger than the Styx Young Male when we all know he is older but because he is underdeveloped due to stress, he looks younger.

RE: BBoys sons - Slayerd - 10-28-2020

Nhenha and Torchwood Pride September 2017. Taken at the same sighting as the video I mentioned. The cubs definitely do not look the age you guys are talking about.