WildFact
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India (/topic-b2-and-other-great-tiger-pics-from-india)

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Tshokwane - 02-20-2016

Vasanthjoshi photography:
Tiger Gabbar

Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve, Maharashtra
This big fella was enjoying a splash in the water when we saw him. He was sitting there for a long time.

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Tshokwane - 02-20-2016

Santhosh Narayan:
Its not we who decide to see a tiger. Its the tiger which decides to see us, which ends in sighting a tiger.

We see him for about 45 minutes the previous day evening and a group of like minded photographers decide to explore other areas of the forest, not knowing what is in store.
We see too many pug marks in the area which is about 10 kms away from the area where he was sighted the previous day evening.

Prince walks all across overnight in search of a mate, finds his mate and then decides that he has to see us again. We went in search of other species and ended up photographing him alone. And when he shows up its curtains down for other species.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 02-21-2016

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 02-21-2016

Roheet Karoo·
April 2014

What a majestic animal he is. The king of Umred-Karhandla JAY smile emoticon — at Umred Karhandla Wildlife Sanctuary.

Jai and Chandi
March 2014

Feb 2014

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - shaileshsharadnaik - 02-21-2016

(02-19-2016, 09:52 AM)stoja9 Wrote:
(02-18-2016, 08:02 PM)Roflcopters Wrote:

Wagdoh

My heavens...what a physical specimen.

(02-18-2016, 08:47 PM)lightsOut Wrote: Heaviest tiger of Tadoba

Old but gold, [i]0okhan male[/i]

Is he always like that? Looks like he just ate a big meal.

Hello,

from what I know, OOkhan was huge  but was not the heaviest tiger. He is choti tara's and deceased Circuit's brother from kolara area. He was still occasionally sighted. I think after Katezari male became dominant is that area, ookhan moved to buffer area.  I will find out more when I visit TATR for 1 week safaris next week.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 02-21-2016

Kankajhari male tiger the son of Katezari male from Kolara buffer on Dec/1/2015.

another shot of this beast

10th January 2016 sighting of Bajrang near Kosba Line

another shot of him

Matkasur male near Jamni - Feb/16/2016

Choti Tara sighted with a huge unidentified male near Jamunbodi on Feb/13/2016.. looks a lot like Shiva based on his facial stripes? I wonder if it's him..

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 02-21-2016

Male tiger from Chitwan 

the infamous bear killer of Satpura National Park's "Lagda" region. 

here's the full story on him

But 6th Nov, 2015 is the day when all stars came in the constellations and me and my 2 friends sighted and Photographed not one not 2 ... but 5 different tigers in a single day at Satpura. It was astonishing and unbelievable phenomenon for everyone at Satpura.

This is the moment from The Evening that day.. 
When we were in search of Leopards, saw tracks of Huge pugmark of a male tiger. Size of the Pugmark was suggesting that its something very huge in size. We kept following the tracks. Somewhere there was a doubt as you often see pugmakrs but its near to impossible to see a tiger in Satpura. But these pugmarks as we inspected, they were too fresh. Heart started beating fast the very moment. 
Erwin and Avinash used all their expertise while tracking as pugmarks were getting lost in between and again we were getting them on the track.
At one junction we took left and we checked and checked but no pugmarks. 
Then we again took U turn to check the right hand path and there we go again again found the Pugmarks. At one point pugmarks were lost and we halted to see if we can get any alarm calls. As we stopped i suddenly spotted a Male sloth bear in the small grass land. At that very moment, here comes the HUGE ROAR.... Brain signalled Shiver from the head to toe. 
It was came loud and clear from the direction in which we were heading. We quickly started driving the in front. Again a junction, so stopped for sounds to confirm the direction and ... 
Multiple roars one after other like some huge drums are beating near by. These roars were so loud that the waves might have reached miles in all direction. 
I figured out that there are more than one tiger and they are close by ahead. there was a small climb which we drove up and we saw something which was beyond imagination at Satpura. 
Face off between Two Huge full grown tigers. One was Male and other was female. 
Male was so huge that female was looking like a small sub adult cub in front of him.

Kankatya from Kolsa's Kasarbodi area in mid 2015

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Tshokwane - 02-21-2016

Santhosh Narayan:
Prince at Bandipur. Feb 2016.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Tshokwane - 02-21-2016

Prashanth AJ:
For those who cannot understand what's being said in Malayalam...

This Tiger frequents into Sultan Battery (in Wayanad) and adjoining areas and kills domestic cattle. He has been doing that since a long time now and is intelligent enough to avoid trap cages. In this video the forest officials tie a live bait and have a machan set up to dart the Tiger. The Tiger does come for the buffalo, and kills it with one one bite to the neck, But avoids getting shot. The forest officials' intentions are good enough but have been sent into circles by this Tiger ever since 2012. The Tiger is being camera trapped from 2006 on wards. Its roughly 12 years of age. Watch the video with good amount of volume. His roars send shiver and breaks the silence of a shanty hamlet.

It's a video, click on it.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - parvez - 02-21-2016

(02-21-2016, 09:19 PM)Majingilane Wrote: Prashanth AJ:
For those who cannot understand what's being said in Malayalam...

This Tiger frequents into Sultan Battery (in Wayanad) and adjoining areas and kills domestic cattle. He has been doing that since a long time now and is intelligent enough to avoid trap cages. In this video the forest officials tie a live bait and have a machan set up to dart the Tiger. The Tiger does come for the buffalo, and kills it with one one bite to the neck, But avoids getting shot. The forest officials' intentions are good enough but have been sent into circles by this Tiger ever since 2012. The Tiger is being camera trapped from 2006 on wards. Its roughly 12 years of age. Watch the video with good amount of volume. His roars send shiver and breaks the silence of a shanty hamlet.

It's a video, click on it.

His roars send shiver and breaks the silence of a shanty hamlet.

Definitely, a study concluded that tigers roar paralyses the prey. Their roar has a very low frequency waves(infra waves) which has ability to paralyse the prey. Not here for comparing, lion's roar is louder and stronger, where as tiger's roar is not as louder, but has ability to paralyse the prey with its infra sound waves.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - parvez - 02-21-2016

A tigress from kaziranga..[attachment=222]

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - shaileshsharadnaik - 02-22-2016

(02-21-2016, 11:24 AM)Roflcopters Wrote:

Kankajhari male tiger the son of Katezari male from Kolara buffer on Dec/1/2015.

another shot of this beast

10th January 2016 sighting of Bajrang near Kosba Line

another shot of him

Matkasur male near Jamni - Feb/16/2016

Choti Tara sighted with a huge unidentified male near Jamunbodi on Feb/13/2016.. looks a lot like Shiva based on his facial stripes? I wonder if it's him..

Hello,

very nice photo of kankajhari male. Katezari is not see since last many days. Atleast his son is spotted. His face looks similar to father's

I have checked with tiger nation. This male sitting behind choti tara ( sleeping?) isn't shiva.  Not sure which male has entered into the core of the area's occupied by Saturn and Gabbar. Also choti tara's last litter was from gabbar. He will be very annoyed with this male.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 02-22-2016

Gabbar certainly doesn't shy away from a fight, This new intruder better be ready for him.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 02-22-2016

Soumyajit Nandy
CATTITUDE - II
Corbett TR, Uttarakhand
February 2016
Canon 7D and Canon 300mm f2.8L IS USM
f2.8, 1/160sec, ISO-800, handheld

Sarosh Lodhi
"Foul Mood"

Link 7 Male

Kanha, Mukki Zone