WildFact
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India (/topic-b2-and-other-great-tiger-pics-from-india)

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Tshokwane - 01-31-2016

Trayambak Ojha:
The Big Boy, T-42 from the buffer area of Ranthambhore National Park heading right into your lens.

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Tshokwane - 01-31-2016

Pradeep elango wildlife photography:
TIGER | T6 | Ranthambore National Park

It was another classical day in ranthambore, started following, Remo(T6) and he was in his regular evening stroll marking his territory, when without any intimation it happened. Seeing the chance of presence of unsuspected prey, he stalked and killed an adult female Nilgai and started feeding. It was a sighting which gave goose bumps, and one which will always be the best.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - parvez - 02-01-2016

(01-29-2016, 09:12 PM)Majingilane Wrote: Shamanth Krishnamurthy:
Just cant get enough of this Guy.... the NUMERO UNO Beast from Bandipur - The PRINCE !!!

Darshan Sirigiri:
I see you !!!

Wagdoh Male, A.k.a, Scarface.
TATR - 26 Jan 2016 

Oh my god, the above picture is true indicative of his size. Amazingly gigantic....Thanks maginzilane

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 02-01-2016

What a way to find this hunk this evening, as we entered the park within 8 mins saw him walking in grassland, then he crossed the road and vanished in woodland. My guest was asking me, is there a tiger called kingfisher, before we could finish our conversation I said tiger tiger and it was him only, the big boy called Kingfisher male!

Saw him almost after a month, seems like he had a heavy meal!
Kingfisher male,
Mukki zone (KNP),
31/01/16

As They Say "Size Matters"!
Have a Look at This Guy!
Kaziranga Tiger Reserve
India

Size Matters - The Largest Tiger in Tadoba Range!!!
He Maybe a Shy Bloke, But He is the Incredible Hulk of Mutkasur Area in Tadoba Range. He currently lives in areas such as Zhari, Mutkasur & often patrols the evergreen meadows of Navegaon.
Made this image in June 2014.
Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve
India

and before you say... "what about Wagdoh"
Here is what he means...

Siddha Kathale I think he is namdeo but namdeo is not the biggest tiger in tadoba range scarface or wagdoh is biggest

Anjan Lal Tadoba range is near Kolara. Navegaon is also a part of Tadoba range. But Telia and Kolsa are two separate ranges along with Junona that lies in Mohurli range. Tadoba range has about 6 different male tigers out of which Namdev is the largest tiger.

And speaking of Wagdoh..
Darshan Sirigiri

January 25 ·
·

Wagdoh Male, A.K.A, Scarface, the largest cat of Tadoba . — at Tadoba - Andhari Tiger Reserve.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 02-02-2016

Vishu Nanaiah Pattacheravanda

Photo credit to s.Jeffrey.....friends iam posting this photo because many of them as commented tigers will never leap downwards only they leap upwards...open in full screen you can see it leap down the flowing waterfalls.....Tigers are good swimmers and fond of water

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Rage2277 - 02-07-2016

young corbett male feb 2016

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 02-09-2016

He looks like Shivaji to me

The (Big) Catwalk

Sightseers gather at Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve in Maharashtra, India to catch a glimpse of this #tiger. Photograph by Gaurav Kalbhor

I know its from august 9, 2015 but it could be from before then.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Rage2277 - 02-09-2016

saturn and shivaji are def related the two are very similar in appearance..no doubt saturn hails  from the kolsa area he has the look

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 02-10-2016

Jeet Aman

Tiger Mom with Cubs! Rajbehra female with 2 out of 4 cubs leading all to a kill - Bandhavgarh - Feb 2016! These cubs are sighted first time in the season! It was a life time experience witnessing 5 tigers together... Wow!
Bandhavgarh | Feb 2016

Thomas Rajan‎ to Sanctuary Asia
15 hrs ·

A door way through my canines...
Kolsa Tigress, Tadoba.

Sarosh Lodhi
Munna in his prime

This is Munna's image clicked some 6 years ago, when he was in his prime. A reason to be his fan for life.

Kanha

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 02-11-2016

Naren Malik
'King in his kingdom'

Link 7 male,
Feb. 2016
Mukki zone (KNP)

My first family portrait of this family and that too in my first safari .
New Queen of Buffer zone with her cute little cubs.
TADOBA (TATR)
FEB 2016 — 

Naren Malik

February 6, 2015 ·

Had a great tiger sighting this morning almost after 10 days! — with Satish Kumar at Chitvan Jungle Lodge, Kanha National Park, India.

Dhirendra Shambharkar

Although my vehicle got puncture in the forest ,my luck was with me.The Big Daddy of Tadoba, Wagdoh was in his full mood of being sighted and the result is in front of all.We have so much understanding that he was sitting there for us. Special thanks to Saurabh Mishra and group for their co operation and helping me

—with Rattandeep Singh and 11 others.

A great write up on Kahna Tigers from last season

http://www.tigerwalah.com/season-round-up-kanha/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=socialnetwork

Season Round Up: Kanha
July 15, 2015 By Naren Malik With no comments yet Tagged with: kanha, kanha national park, tiger sightings at kanha
‘A report of tiger sightings in Kanha Tiger Reserve ,season 2014-15”
It has been a fantastic season for me and all tourists who have visited kanha. After doing almost 350 drives in this seeason, I would say this was a season full of cats. All four zones have been full of excitement and action, but Mukki was the zone which was in limelight throughout the  season.  From what I have experienced in the past 8 years, this was the best season by far in terms of Tiger sighting in Mukki.
Kanha zone had some up and down’s but it picked up nicely toward the end. Munna (the dominant male of the park) rocked Kisli heavily so you just can’t ask for more when it comes to an individual Tiger sighting.  Sarhi zone has its own charm and sighting of big cats at sangam (confluence) were also very good. Overall this was a season full of Tiger sighting.

Star Attraction of season : link 7 male. Image © Naren
The Season started and ended both with a bang when Babathenga female was sighted on the first day, 16th of October, and Mahaveer female and Kingfisher male on the last, June 30th.  Mukki zone was ruled by some females in past and we used to be dying to see a male Tiger in Mukki. But during this season there were 5 males altogether in Mukki. Umarpani was the dominant male of the zone who had a tough rival namely ‘the Kingfisher male’. In the last few years Mukki was dominated by ‘Thin stripes male’ who was probably the father of Babathenga female’s last litter, but he was thrown out by the combined effort of Umarpani male, Kingfisher and Bheema. He had ruled all over mukki zone for almost four years, starting from 2010.The charge was taken over by the remaining four males once Thin Stripes male left Mukki, i.e. the Umarpani male, Kingfisher, Bheema and Link 7 male. Link 7 male was the main attraction of this season,  a true show stopper. I would say that he was the most photographed Tiger in kanha this season after Munna.

Umarpani & kingfisher Male fight. Image © Naren
Umarpani male and Kingfisher males were engaged in a very serious fight on 3rd of Jan 2015 in Singarpur meadow, which was documented by tourists. If I say this was the lifetime sight for people who witnessed it, won’t be wrong. They kept on fighting for three more months and both sides sustained heavy damages, but kudos to the forest department who kept their eyes on and gave medical assistance from time to time to both Tigers. Nature has its own ways of balancing the things in the jungle, but I would thank the forest department who saved the life of both males.
When Umaarpani male and Kingfisher were busy chasing one another, how could Bheema and Link 7 miss the opportunity to show off? They also had a fight on 7th of Jan on chota chatta pather road. After this fight, Bheema had to leave the area and Link 7 male also suffered some injuries. After two months of disappearance though, Bheema made a comeback to Mukki. Meanwhile, Link 7 male who came from Kanha started covering more areas in mukki after he defeated Bheema.  Subsequently he fought with Umarpani male and went in hibernation for a few days. Kingfisher on the other hand, had settled down on the main gate side of mukki. Bheema stationed at Babathenga area while Umarpani male and Link 7 male had captured the centre area of Mukki. There are also four females in Mukki. Chottimada aka BT female, who mated with Umarpani male in Dec 2014. Hopefully she is nursing small cubs now and will flourish in Mukki next season. Mahaveer female already had four cubs around one year old. Unfortunately two were killed by Kingfisher who tried to mate her. Chotimada’s daughter(Dhawajhandi female) who is now sharing territory with mother, also mated with Link 7 in May. Mahaveer’s daughter is also a beautiful tigress and was frequently sighted near Umarjhola talao and Kukri Pani area during the season.
Every zone has its high and low, so Kanha zone started off a little low this season. It has faced its

Umarpani female. Image © Naren
toughest time over the years. But the beauty of the meadow still without a doubt takes your breath away.  Kanha meadow is the most photogenic place in this reserve, especially when foggy. Your finger will never be tired pressing shutter button to capture the mesmerizing beauty of this place. Umarpani female and collared Tigress (Neelam) were the main attractions of the zone. Red-eye male was also sighted in Kanha zone from time to time, and the new Nak-katta showed himself occasionally as well. Collared female had been sighted with two tiny cubs near Kanha meadows just before the park closed, which was great news for Kanha itself.

Kanha’s celebrity ‘CAT’- Munna. Image © Naren
Kisli zone was just as good as Mukki. Though good old Munna was still the hero of the zone for the length of the season,  Kankatta stole everyone’s heart by his all-too-sudden-appearance nature. It feels totally out of this world whenever he came on road, so it’s you who had to give it up, not him. Jamun talao aka Budbudi female has three cubs who are around 14 months old, the family sighted regularly near jamun talao, sandukkhol road and near 4th KM. On some occassions Munna was sighted with Digdola female and three cubs which was a real joy for visitors. People who visit Kanha and plan to see Munna only, they never went back without loads of his pics, so Munna had again proved himself that ‘Munna never disappoints’. Toward the end of season he was sighted almost every day in Kisli and Sarhi zone. Munna is the undisputed legend of Kanha and is among the 10 top tigers of India. Thanks to his bold, fearless behaviour and regal and royal attitude, he has a strong fan base that pay visits to Kanha every year. “Munna toh munna hai” words truly justify this magnificent tiger!

Mahaveer female with cubs. Image © Naren
Next season every zone of the park is going to rock undoubtedly. Mukki will remain to be the most rocking zone as Chottimada and her daughter both mated this season, so we are expecting both females will astound Mukki with cubs.  Mahaveer female already has 2 cubs and we would most likely get to see three big tigers (Mahaveer with two cubs) all together. It’s going to be very interesting to see among the 4 current males, who is going to win the battle for survival and dominance. Collared female has two cubs and Umarpani female has also delivered, so Kanha zone will be an attraction for tourists as well. Kankatta has got himself a new rival in Chimta camp area who might try to take over. So all in all, the approaching season will be even more thrilling and full of action I’m sure.

About Author -Naren is a Naturalist with Chitvan Lodge, Kanha. He did 350 plus safaris at Kanha during last season & is well versed by tiger dynamics at Kanha.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Tshokwane - 02-13-2016

Ameet Jain:
Big Daddy of Tadoba 

My first ever sighting of this Hunk called Waghdoh, he is famous for raising his all Cubs and stay with them till they find their own way.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Tshokwane - 02-13-2016

Mohammed Junaid:
The mighty "Jai"

LOVE in the WILD

" Valentine Couple "

Mighty 'jai '& 'fairy' (t6)

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 02-15-2016

Harshil JamesSanctuary Asia

Follow · February 12 ·

Tiger Portrait
Do notice the interesting stripe pattern !
Canon 7D || Canon 500mm F4
Full Frame Image
Jan 16 — at Bandhavgarh National Park.