WildFact
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India (/topic-b2-and-other-great-tiger-pics-from-india)

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 11-14-2015

@shaileshsharadnaik 

Shankar and Bhola, the two sons of Wagdoh will continue their father's legacy. Shiva their half brother and quite a bit older is probably already looking for his resident status and for that. He's got many battles to fight and climb up ranks along the way. Kolsa's buffer has 4 males, kolara's buffer has 2. Mohurli range is covered by Bajrang. Tadoba range has atleast 4 males. Devada buffer, Junona buffer and Agarzari are under Wagdoh but he hasnt been sighted. Yeda Anna is rarely seen in Navegaon. 

Things are looking good in terms of a healthy breeding population, number of adult males and females is an staggering all time high. Thanks to late leela's successful upbringing of 4 sub adult cubs to full maturity. One of them, we are all familiar with. The queen herself aka Maya and then you have Wagdoh male. He raised 3 to full maturity with Wagdoh female. Shiva was from that litter, the other two cubs were females. All made it to adulthood and seperated. Finally, we have the Teliya litter now (Wagdoh and Madhuri). All 4 were successfully raised to adulthood under their father's ultimate protection and Tadoba was again blessed with a very decent male to female ratio. Katezari's two dauggters also reached full maturity and so did all of Saturn aka Namdev's cubs. Gabbar's male cub was killed by Namdev but the female cub lived and separated from Gowri. Now who says, most cubs dont make it to adulthood?

Thats another myth, kind of like the myth that male tigers play no part in raising their cubs. Im sure with all of our effort combined, we have all sort of managed to prove otherwise.

Kanha's mukki zone, most of tadoba and Bandhavgarh are all going to keep us all busy!

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 11-14-2015

(10-16-2015, 09:54 PM)Pckts Wrote:
(10-16-2015, 08:36 PM)sanjay Wrote: This is another strange behavior of tiger that is very surprising. I think @Roflcopters will also like to add this incident in thread of Great tiger father. TFS, the first image is so fabulous

You can actually watch the video of this interaction as well.
I will say that the cubs and noor still seem uneasy with each other, you can see submissive behavior from the cubs towards noor and once T57 stands up for a bit, all eyes are on him.
Time will tell if this peace will last, but it almost seemed like noor was communicating with them that it may be time to leave the nest. 
I hope it all works out, they are as large as their mother at this point so it wouldn't be a death sentence if they left the nest.

I think the fact that she bred with him makes it easier for him to accept the cubs, as long as they submit to him, give way during feeding and not try to "play" with him like they would their father, it could work out.

(11-14-2015, 12:31 AM)Pckts Wrote: Ok guys, I just received email back from Dr. Habib 
I'll post it when I'm I front of a pc, but here is what he said.

"Scale capacity was 500kg"

"Body measurements were taken"

"Jai was darted when he was on the road"

"He was neither baited nor gorged" 

I have asked for measurements and await his response. But there you have it, jai is confirmed at 220kg empty. I think that should also confirm gabbar and even choti Tara. So the newest weights confirmed are 220, 240, 220 and 185kg for males and 85 and 170kg for females.

Am i reading this right? Scale capacity of 500 kg????? Dr.Bilal habib is the first tiger scientist to go out in the jungle with a scale that large. I seriously have doubts now.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 11-14-2015

That's what he said, I won't begin to say that I know what the new digital scale capabilities are now. I'm sure we have made some technological breakthroughs. He is a Dr. And they do have to take a hippocratic oath. So I will trust his word.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pantherinae - 11-14-2015

my friend @Pckts you're work on getting this information is absolutely amazing! I really appreciate it big time!

also I agree with you on that now we got to trust his words no matter how skeptical we are, Jai is 220 kg final!

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - tigerluver - 11-14-2015

Researchers use a crane scale, with the hook attached to ropes which hold a canvas of sorts. This is a crane scale:

*This image is copyright of its original author

You can get one that weighs up to 500 kg for less than 100 USD.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Rage2277 - 11-15-2015

one of Jai and Chandi's boys oc 2015

sunderban tiger oc 2015

tiger from mudumalai sept 2015

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - tigerluver - 11-15-2015

To add to my last post, the only way a crane skull can misread, or more specifically give a lesser figure, is if you don't lift the specimen completely off the ground for long enough as the tension in the ropes would be decreases due to the ground's support, known as the normal force (weight of scale = mass animal * gravity acceleration = tension of ropes + normal force). Lifting 200 kg is no easy task for a group of people, especially considering how difficult it is to collectively grip the crane scale and the fact the specimen's body would curve toward the ground, so that is the only place that be an explanation of error. However, we're in no position to give such a verdict one way or the other.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 11-15-2015

Obviously its flawed, how do you get 85kg for a fully grown adult female in a perfectly healthy condition and Gabbar had 100 kilograms on her? I highly doubt it.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 11-17-2015

The monster "KingFisher Male" from Mukki Zone in Kahna

Chota Munna Head on

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 11-17-2015

Chota Munna and Kingfisher are two of my favorites! Tfs pckts

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Tshokwane - 11-17-2015

Ajit Kulkarni:
Jai

Sayan Roy Chowdhury:
Big boy of Pench. Nov' 15 Bakhari region
Any idea on this one?

Ameet Jain:
CAT

It is always an awesome experience to watch a Tiger coming Head-on, but watching "Munna" coming Head-on is every Photographer's Dream. The Moment which I will never forget.

Munna has quickly become one of my favorites, if not the favorite along with some Waghdoh that you may know. 
Shankar Ghosh:

Majestic males.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 11-17-2015

Nothing like a swift whack from Mom to straighten you up.

Aditya Singh
Another frame from T 19 disciplining her son

#tiger #tigers #ranthambhore #wildlife #wildlifephotography

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Tshokwane - 11-20-2015

Being Samir:
I am a canvas of my experiences, my story is etched in lines and shading, and you can read it on my face, my arms, my legs, my shoulders, and my stomach.

- Kat Von D
Junior Jai,
Gothangaon, UKWLS,
October, 2015