WildFact
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India (/topic-b2-and-other-great-tiger-pics-from-india)

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 11-11-2015

(10-16-2015, 09:24 PM)Pckts Wrote:
(10-16-2015, 08:06 PM)sanjay Wrote: This is another strange behavior of tiger that is very surprising. I think @Roflcopters will also like to add this incident in thread of Great tiger father. TFS, the first image is so fabulous

You can actually watch the video of this interaction as well.
I will say that the cubs and noor still seem uneasy with each other, you can see submissive behavior from the cubs towards noor and once T57 stands up for a bit, all eyes are on him.
Time will tell if this peace will last, but it almost seemed like noor was communicating with them that it may be time to leave the nest. 
I hope it all works out, they are as large as their mother at this point so it wouldn't be a death sentence if they left the nest.

I think the fact that she bred with him makes it easier for him to accept the cubs, as long as they submit to him, give way during feeding and not try to "play" with him like they would their father, it could work out.

(11-11-2015, 12:06 AM)Pckts Wrote:
(11-10-2015, 10:31 PM)Roflcopters Wrote: Tigers anywhere north of India and anywhere in Nepal always seem more impressive than Central Indians and Southern Indians. that's for sure.

I agree with Copters here. The number of studied N. Indian Tigers are relatively low, correct? But we still got Madla and some large boys from Assam (not sure where)
But I think if we got more Tiger numbers from the North, we would probably see larger Madla type tigers. I can only go off of Kanwaar since he's the only person I have spoken with in regards to variations between areas. He has said very enthusiastically that the largest tigers he has ever seen is Corbett and Kaziranga and the Kaziranga tiger he filmed was the largest tiger big cat that he has ever seen in his life.
But that of course isn't an end all statement, just one that I go off of. I look at Kaziranga and I don't think that they are any taller or longer than other tigers but I certainly believe they are heavier when lb for lb. But this is just an observation only.

In regards to Copters Request

Here are my top 10 Central  (Not according to size, just my favorites)
10. Namdev (Saturn)
9. Jai
8. Bheema (bandhavrgh)
7. Bamera
6. Bhima (kahna)
5. Red Eye
4. Shivaji
3. Kingfisher
2. Waghdoh
1. Munna

Now for the tough one, who do I think is the largest...............

As of now, I think Bhima (from kahna) is the largest tiger in central india, but I could say Waghdoh was, Bheema (bandhvargh). Kingfisher or even Jai all APPEAR to rival in size.
If Jai was actually weighed than he isn't in the talk of largest, but like you, I have many doubts of the claim that he was actually weighed as of right now so I will include him in the talks of "Largest" just because he's such big guy any way.

What about yours Copters?

@Pantherinae Great video of Munna, btw. He is a monster tiger, thats for sure.

I think anywhere with large quantities of males will have larger tigers IMO, more competition breeds larger competitors. Thats probably why I think Kahna has the largest of C. India atm.

Decent list but im shocked about Bhima being your largest tiger in all of Central India.

My top 10 biggest

1) Jai of Umred Karhandla - his weight of 220 kilograms was nothing but a gross under estimate by Dr.Bilal Habib. Jai is far bigger than any central Indian male and people of Central India are well aware of his extraordinary potential. (Check Varun Thakkar's facebook timeline for his latest video of Jai next to a fairly large tigress). Hes abnormally huge.

2) Wagdoh of Tadoba - this legendary male needs no introduction, hes well known for his freakish size and he's been a subject of many articles as a result of that. He was also featured in a documentary and people that have seen Prime Wagdoh would agree that he was on a league of his own. Only now im beginning to think that Jai in his prime has officially surpassed Wagdoh's size.

3) M62 - the only known survivor from Madla/Hairyfoot ancestry, only saw a glimpse of him once in a video and saw a handful of his pictures. his large framed body and a huge head was enough for me to know the obvious. hes still out there somewhere and even Wildlife Institute of India stated that he was a rather Large male. a while ago it was revealed that a "ghost" tiger might have sired some of the cubs in Panna because their dna samples didnt match with any known males that were introduced to the park and according to WII. he was the last of his kind before tragedy struck the Panna tigers and the local population went extinct. 

I had a very hard time picking my top 3 so its fair to say that i cant continue any further, every big tiger pretty much rivals a bigger tiger and to be fairly honest. I think most tigers easily compare with each other. 15-20kg difference max is hardly visible but something that is far bigger than all the others is a bit obvious to the naked eye and so this does it for me. Jai, Wagdoh and M62 are my ultimate Central Indian Tigers.

(10-16-2015, 08:06 PM)sanjay Wrote: This is another strange behavior of tiger that is very surprising. I think @Roflcopters will also like to add this incident in thread of Great tiger father. TFS, the first image is so fabulous

I will say that the cubs and noor still seem uneasy with each other, you can see submissive behavior from the cubs towards noor and once T57 stands up for a bit, all eyes are on him.
Time will tell if this peace will last, but it almost seemed like noor was communicating with them that it may be time to leave the nest. 
I hope it all works out, they are as large as their mother at this point so it wouldn't be a death sentence if they left the nest.

I think the fact that she bred with him makes it easier for him to accept the cubs, as long as they submit to him, give way during feeding and not try to "play" with him like they would their father, it could work out.

(11-10-2015, 10:57 AM)Pantherinae Wrote: @Roflcopters I can say my top 10 and try to guess who's the biggest. 

1) Big Bam Bamera 
2) Munna 
3) Bokha 
4) Madla 
5) T-24 
6) B2 (he was The one who started it all for me) 
7) T-42
8) Shivaji 
9) Pattewala 
10) Wagdoh 

Sultan will probably be on that list some day. Konda, Mukki male, Red eye, Star male and Jai are also very close. 
Obviously Raja is southern, else why he would be on that list. 

Okey I'll try to say who's biggest (please no hate I don't wanna have a long unnessacery debate, but Wagdoh seems a little overrated size wise in my eyes) 
So I'll go with munna, he's long, muscular, tall and has a huge neck also. also if it's true that it's konda who's weighed at 240 kg, and people at Kanha says Munna is notably larger that weight could be pretty huge.
2nd: Madla
3rd: Bokha, Wagdoh or T-24 

Here when Munna appares You can see his true size! wow what a beast!!!

Decent list aswell and I like all the tigers that you mentioned.

Apologies for quoting over quotes, cellphone app isnt the greatest. Can a mod fix it for me? Thanks

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - shaileshsharadnaik - 11-11-2015

(11-11-2015, 04:27 PM)friends , One of the most beautiful and large male tiger I have seen is katezari male of Tadoba. I saw him first when he was about 3-4 years old, in Jan 2012. lately he is not much spotted because his vasant bandhara area has been moved into non-tourism zone. he comes to tadoba area rarely. Hope to spot him though when I am there early next year. here\s a photo I took in Jan 2012. Its not very clear though. Wrote: Roflcopters

(11-10-2015, 10:57 AM)Pantherinae Wrote: @Roflcopters I can say my top 10 and try to guess who's the biggest. 

1) Big Bam Bamera 
2) Munna 
3) Bokha 
4) Madla 
5) T-24 
6) B2 (he was The one who started it all for me) 
7) T-42
8) Shivaji 
9) Pattewala 
10) Wagdoh 

Sultan will probably be on that list some day. Konda, Mukki male, Red eye, Star male and Jai are also very close. 
Obviously Raja is southern, else why he would be on that list. 

Okey I'll try to say who's biggest (please no hate I don't wanna have a long unnessacery debate, but Wagdoh seems a little overrated size wise in my eyes) 
So I'll go with munna, he's long, muscular, tall and has a huge neck also. also if it's true that it's konda who's weighed at 240 kg, and people at Kanha says Munna is notably larger that weight could be pretty huge.
2nd: Madla
3rd: Bokha, Wagdoh or T-24 

Here when Munna appares You can see his true size! wow what a beast!!!

Decent list aswell and I like all the tigers that you mentioned.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - GrizzlyClaws - 11-11-2015

@Roflcopters, do you want me to replace the quotations with the references?

@shaileshsharadnaik, you could use the reference as the quotations are getting messy when there are too many.

@GrizzlyClaws 

Sure if you're able to do that, I would appreciate it.

@shaileshsharadnaik 

Nice picture of Katezari and i agree! He's a large adult male and amongst my top 5 favorite tigers of all time. Its so sad that we wont be seeing many old faces anymore. 2015 has been real bad for most of the celebrity tigers.

- Bamera in captivity
- T24 in captivity
- Mastgudi male aka the King of Kabini backwaters died in a tragic accident.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 11-11-2015

I'm with you @Roflcopters, I don't think Jai was weighed, if he wasn't weighed, I would say he is the heaviest tiger I know of today in C. India, but we all know, images and videos are deceiving when it comes to a real weight.

Edit:
Holy S*** I just watched that video, GOOD LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll post in the Video thread but here it is as well

Varun Thakkar
October 28 · Edited ·

"There are tigers, then big tigers, then huge tigers and then This guy..... Jay.... from UK (umrer karandla wildlife sanctuary).
Just have a look at his massive size. The female ahead of him (chandi) is nt at all small in size, she is app 9yrs oldd and decently big. But Jay makes her look like a tiny cub. He literally is a baby elephant.
#baapre #abba #kya #to #bhi #uga #ye #giant"

https://www.facebook.com/varunthakkar156/videos/10206658923105266/

And no way was Jai weighed, until we get real information, images or confirmation on that, I refuse to believe it.
Sorry if I offended any one, but the shortness of emails, the round numbers the mean weights given to copters in an email that match up to the weights given to me are a little to coincidental.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - GuateGojira - 11-11-2015

So guys, do you think that I should include the weights of Gabar (185 kg), Choti-Tara (85 kg) and Jai (220 kg)?

I have doubts about the figures now. Neutral

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 11-11-2015

Honestly Guate, I think we may hold off on all of them, I'd like to get a little more information in regards to the weights, at least a image like we had with Ustad, something? Its just a bit suspicious is all....
It's obviously up to you though.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - GrizzlyClaws - 11-12-2015

@Roflcopters, sorry I am not a global mod, and I think maybe Guate could do that.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 11-12-2015

Amit Panariya

"Lucky I was not in that car......

Look at the size of this guy...
Bittu from UK.
Supposed to be just 15 months.
Wonder what he would look like as a fully grown male...
His more curious brother Srinivasa in the background."

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Sully - 11-12-2015

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - shaileshsharadnaik - 11-13-2015

(11-11-2015, 11:28 PM)@Roflcoptersagree. New season will belong to new youngsters. Like Waghdoh & Madhuri  sons. I am sure we will soon have their photos from tadoba buffer. They would be close to 2 years old now and would love to see these new giants. Devdoh tigress cubs ; they will be 2 years old and many more new faces from other parks  Roflcopters Wrote: @GrizzlyClaws 

Sure if you're able to do that, I would appreciate it.

@shaileshsharadnaik 

Nice picture of Katezari and i agree! He's a large adult male and amongst my top 5 favorite tigers of all time. Its so sad that we wont be seeing many old faces anymore. 2015 has been real bad for most of the celebrity tigers.

- Bamera in captivity
- T24 in captivity
- Mastgudi male aka the King of Kabini backwaters died in a tragic accident.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 11-14-2015

Ok guys, I just received email back from Dr. Habib 
I'll post it when I'm I front of a pc, but here is what he said.

"Scale capacity was 500kg"

"Body measurements were taken"

"Jai was darted when he was on the road"

"He was neither baited nor gorged" 

I have asked for measurements and await his response. But there you have it, jai is confirmed at 220kg empty. I think that should also confirm gabbar and even choti Tara. So the newest weights confirmed are 220, 240, 220 and 185kg for males and 85 and 170kg for females.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - tigerluver - 11-14-2015

You've done a great job at getting information @Pckts. It'd probably be difficult, but if you ever get their lengths let us know, I'd like to compare them to by equations.