WildFact
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India (/topic-b2-and-other-great-tiger-pics-from-india)

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Rage2277 - 05-27-2015

(05-27-2015, 12:54 AM)'Pckts' Wrote:
(05-27-2015, 12:32 AM)'Rage2277' Wrote:
*This image is copyright of its original author

Is that the female in the back?
Usually don't see females around the males when they fight but I remember the Varty tiger fight were the female is looking on like an interested bystander. Almost like she was instagating it more.

Red Eye looks great, he's the one in the back on the first image, right?

yea red eye is the one in the back in te first image and i'm looking for the pic where kankatta and is mate doubled teamed red eye

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pantherinae - 05-27-2015

Wow Jai looks like a big tiger! I agree @Pckts he really deserves to be considerd as one of the biggest!

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Rage2277 - 05-27-2015

Kankatta and choti mada vs Red eye

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - anand3690 - 05-27-2015

(05-27-2015, 01:32 AM)'Rage2277' Wrote:

Who won the fight??

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 05-27-2015

(05-27-2015, 07:11 PM)'anand3690' Wrote:
(05-27-2015, 01:32 AM)'Rage2277' Wrote:

Who won the fight??

The photographer didn't really say from what I saw, but my guess is that two tigers working together usually get the better of one. But who knows, anything can happen in the wild.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - anand3690 - 05-28-2015

(07-30-2014, 11:56 AM)'Apollo' Wrote:
(07-30-2014, 01:42 AM)'Pckts' Wrote: I was reading that aswell, they were saying the new Tiger has some serious similarities with the Naak Kata male and is probably the son.
It's almost like a movie plot, the son has come to do what the father could not.
Great stuff, IMO I am definitely putting munna up there with the Toughest cats around.
I can't remember any tiger fighting and winning as often and against the type of competition he has faced.
Do you guys know of any other Tigers that have fought as much or against the stiff competition that he has?

Another tiger I know of is Banda from Kanha.
Most of the tigers in the Kanha tourism zone are descendents of Banda.
This guy ruled the tourism zone for a long time (he use to shift from different zones from time to time).
He lived almost for 14 to 15 years.
Ive heard he fought many battles with different tigers, but unfortunately there is no much info on him.
He was also said to be a very large tiger.

Hello,
i read it on some posts ON FB that Munna killed Konda in a night long fight, is it true???
Munna remains my most favourite Tiger.

Regards,

Anand

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Vjedhe - 05-28-2015

(05-27-2015, 12:12 AM)Pckts Wrote:
(05-27-2015, 12:11 AM)'Rage2277' Wrote:
Jai 2015

Are you sure that isn't a bear?
[img]images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

@Vjedhe
I guess munna has been spotted recently, still looking good.

Thanks for posting munna is really looking nice.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Vjedhe - 05-28-2015

(05-27-2015, 12:09 AM)Rage2277 Wrote:
Munna Jr may 2015

Please share us what is Munna Jr's age and in which area he is seen recently and also if he has fought with anyone??

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Rage2277 - 05-28-2015

(05-28-2015, 02:23 PM)'Vjedhe' Wrote:
(05-27-2015, 12:09 AM)'Rage2277' Wrote:
Munna Jr may 2015

Please share us what is Munna Jr's age and in which area he is seen recently and also if he has fought with anyone??

he's three now seen in mukki alot..heard he crossed paths with bheema a little while back who's a bit bigger than..him he held is ground very aggressive like his old man no push over

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 05-28-2015

(05-28-2015, 01:39 PM)'anand3690' Wrote:
(07-30-2014, 01:42 AM)'Pckts' Wrote: I was reading that aswell, they were saying the new Tiger has some serious similarities with the Naak Kata male and is probably the son.
It's almost like a movie plot, the son has come to do what the father could not.
Great stuff, IMO I am definitely putting munna up there with the Toughest cats around.
I can't remember any tiger fighting and winning as often and against the type of competition he has faced.
Do you guys know of any other Tigers that have fought as much or against the stiff competition that he has?

This guy ruled the tourism zone for a long time (he use to shift from different zones from time to time).
Ive heard he fought many battles with different tigers, but unfortunately there is no much info on him.

Hello,
i read it on some posts ON FB that Munna killed Konda in a night long fight, is it true???

Regards,

Anand

I have also read this before along with other theories.
Heres pretty much all the info we could find on the subject
http://wildfact.com/forum/topic-male-tiger-konda-s-true-death-reason

Welcome BTW. [img]images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 05-28-2015

(05-28-2015, 01:45 PM)'Vjedhe' Wrote:
(05-27-2015, 12:12 AM)'Pckts' Wrote:
(05-27-2015, 12:11 AM)'Rage2277' Wrote:
Jai 2015

Are you sure that isn't a bear?
[img]images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

@Vjedhe
I guess munna has been spotted recently, still looking good.

Thanks for posting munna is really looking nice.

I posted a newer video of him from 3 months ago in the "impressive tiger videos only" thread if you want to check it out.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - anand3690 - 05-29-2015

(05-28-2015, 10:13 PM)'Pckts' Wrote:

Hello,

Regards,

Anand

Thanks a lot. [Image: biggrin.gif]
How can i find you guys on FB, pls let me know.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 05-29-2015

(05-29-2015, 01:46 PM)'anand3690' Wrote:

Hello,

Regards,

Anand

I can DM you good people to follow for Tigers and lions if you would like?
My tactic for gaining information is looking at the water marks on images I am curious about and then finding them on fb or another venue. Most are usually very helpfull

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - anand3690 - 06-01-2015

(05-29-2015, 08:36 PM)'Pckts' Wrote:
(05-29-2015, 01:46 PM)'anand3690' Wrote:

Hello,

Regards,

Anand

I can DM you good people to follow for Tigers and lions if you would like?
My tactic for gaining information is looking at the water marks on images I am curious about and then finding them on fb or another venue. Most are usually very helpfull

Thanks, Please help...[Image: smile.gif]

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 06-01-2015

Vinod AcharekarSanctuary AsiaFebruary 2, 2014 · These pics were shot in May 1986 at Tadoba (Katezari WH). As per the park authorities, this was the first clear & distinct photographic evidence of presence of Tiger in the park. We (Mr Vishwas Kunte, Mr Suresh Khobragade, a trekker from the forest department and myself) tracked this animal for three days on feet. We then built a small machan on a nearby small tree very close to the waterhole and our efforts paid when this magnificent animal entered the scene at 11:00am sharp.Those days were very tough for us ... economic as well as infrastructure wise. The only thing that we had in abundance was the willpower and the support extended by the Park authorities. We shot only 6-7 pics as we had only 3 rolls with us and had planned to stay for a week.I was one of the regular visitors to Tadoba since 1984 till 2001.Equipment: Pentax MX/Pentax 80-200mm, f4 + Vivitar 3x converter
Film: Kodak Ektachome 400ASA