WildFact
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India (/topic-b2-and-other-great-tiger-pics-from-india)

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 04-23-2015

Cool incident between a young male and female in the midst of trying to mate....

*This image is copyright of its original author

Sojan VithayathilWILDLIFE PHOTOGRAPHERS
Near Muthanga wildlife sanctuary , Wayanad Dist, Kerala....

Obviously she isn't quite ready to mate yet. [img]images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

But man oh man, that looks to be a big boy, any idea who this fella is?

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 04-23-2015

Jiten Harode Follow · 12 mins ·    
With Sachin Abhyankar, Parag Holkar and Sarosh Lodhi.

KANHA
20TH APRIL 2015.
MUKKI ZONE."BADSHAH'S OF FORESTS":" there may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest."FRIENDS THIS IS SOMETHING I WANT TO SHARE WHICH I'M SURE MOST OF US WHO'D BEEN DOING JUNGLE SAFARI'S MUST HAVE EXPERIENCED IN THE RECENT/ PAST AND MAKING AWARE TO THOSE WHO ARE YET TO SUFFER HARRASEMENT ( MUNN - MANI) OF FOREST OFFICIALS IN AND OUTSIDE THE PARK.
IN MY RECENT TRIP TO KANHA NATIONAL PARK ON 20TH MARCH 2015 MORNING SAFARI . WE GOT UP AT 4:30 AM AND WERE ALL SET FOR THE SAFARI WHICH WE ALL USUALLY DO. THE ENTIRE MORNING WE COULD NOT SIGHT ANY TIGER AND THE DAY STARTED BECOMING RESTLESS AND THE SAFARI CONTINUED ,UNTIL AT 9:45 AM . WE COULD SEE SOME GYPSIES CUED UP AND WAITING FOR THE TIGER TO SHOW UP. WE COULD HARDLY GET SOME GLIMPSE OF THE TIGER WHEN THIS VEHICLE WITH BEACON ( MP-02 AV 2478) CAME FROM NOWHERE AND WENT STRAIGHT WERE THE TIGER WAS SITTING ( DON'T THINK THERE WAS ANY OFFICIAL EMERGENCY) . IF THIS GENTLEMEN WOULD HAVE WAITED FOR FEW MINUTES NOTHING WOULD HAVE WENT WRONG ON THE FACE OF THIS EARTH. THE TIGER WOULD HAVE COME STRAIGHT TOWARDS US ,THERE BEING A WATER HOLE JUST NEAR BY ( AS IT WAS TRYING ANYWAYS TO APPROACH ) BUT HE DIDN'T AND TURNED BACK .
FIRSTLY ,DISTURBING THE TIGER IN ITS NATURAL BEHAVIOUR AND SECONDLY THE ILL TREATMENT GIVEN TO THE TOURISTS WHO PAY SUCH HUGE AMOUNT FOR SAFARIS, WHO COME SACRIFICING THEIR TIME, MONEY AND WORK .ITS THE RESPECT FOR THE JUNGLES AND ITS CREATURES WHICH DRIVE US TIME AND AGAIN TO EXPERIENCE ITS BEAUTY BUT THESE " BADSHAH'S OF FORESTS " ARE BUSY FLEXING THEIR POWER INSTEAD OF STRETCHING A HELPING HAND TOWARDS US. THEY HAVE BEEN PLACED TO SUCH DESIGNATIONS TO SERVE US BETTER BUT LOOK AT THE WAY WE ARE TREATED.
FEEL SHAMEFUL TO HAVE SUCH IRRESPONSIBLE OFFICIALS WHO NEITHER CARE FOR US NOR CONSIDER OUR EFFORTS. ( OF THE DRIVER ,GUIDE AND WE TOURISTS THAT INCLUDE OUR PARENTS AND CHILDREN WHO ARE ALL WILDLIFE ENTHUSIASTS) .ITS HAPPENING NOT ONLY IN KANHA BUT IN OTHER NATIONAL PARKS AS WELL. IT WOULD TAKE A DIFFERENT ROUTE IF WE DON'T ACT NOW.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE YOUR VIEWS AND COMMENTS.

Any Idea who this guy is ^^?

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 04-24-2015

(04-15-2015, 11:40 PM)'Pckts' Wrote: Wasn't it rumored that Waghdoh and Yedda Anna could possible be bros as well?

Jabbar looks to have a large head on him but Waghdoh definitely has the more massive neck on body IMO.

I don't think Yeda Anna and Wagdoh have any connection but it's possible, I mean after all.. tracking Tadoba tiger's ancestry prior to 2005 is very difficult. Infact, prior to Wagdoh/Madhuri and the whole teliya gang of sisters (2011). No one even heard from Tadoba much. It was the Wagdoh male that put Tadoba on the map and boosted the tourism significantly. then came the band of powerful males and females from the same reserve. 

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 04-24-2015

(04-23-2015, 09:53 PM)'Pckts' Wrote: Cool incident between a young male and female in the midst of trying to mate....

Sojan VithayathilWILDLIFE PHOTOGRAPHERS

Obviously she isn't quite ready to mate yet. [img]images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

But man oh man, that looks to be a big boy, any idea who this fella is?

This is a very unusual behavior for a male and female to fight on the road like this, normally.. adult tigers know better to avoid conflict on highways and roads. I am confused but the behavior is certainly interesting and one of it's kind from the South. Thanks for sharing Pckts. [img]images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Rage2277 - 04-24-2015

are they even wild tigers?

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 04-24-2015

(04-24-2015, 10:14 AM)'Rage2277' Wrote: are they even wild tigers?

Is this a wild tiger territory?
Quote:Sojan VithayathilWILDLIFE PHOTOGRAPHERS
Thats where the photographer said he got it from

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 04-25-2015

Rage221 I thought the same thing but then again, the highways down South do look like that and Muthanga Wildlife is a sanctuary indeed. It's just another name for Wayanad wildlife sanctuary. sort of how Nagarhole is also known as the Rajiv Gandhi National Park. 

here's another male on the highway who narrowly escaped (below)

here's a male from nearby, Mudumalai. crossing the road. (below)

and another tigress from Nagarhole on the highway

I feel like tigers from down South have gotten too used to the "highways" and that's the worst for their long term survival. I remember reading a study not too long ago that said that Tigers from Nagarhole are significantly losing their fear of vehicles. 

here's also a map of most of the South Indian Tiger reserves and the highways, take a look.. it seems like highway is at every corner.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 04-25-2015

If highways are going to cut across prime tiger habitat, they need to inforce a police monitored, very slow speed limit and have extremely heavy fines and treat a tiger death the same way they would treat a human death. Investigate it and if found to be the drivers fault, they should face the consuquences, IMO. 

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - strana - 04-25-2015

(04-25-2015, 03:23 AM)'Pckts' Wrote: If highways are going to cut across prime tiger habitat, they need to inforce a police monitored, very slow speed limit and have extremely heavy fines and treat a tiger death the same way they would treat a human death. Investigate it and if found to be the drivers fault, they should face the consuquences, IMO. 

My first post here  !!!
These highways are really a problem for tigers. According to Times of India a 15 months tigress cub was run over near Tadoba. Very sad indeed. When I think that India is almost  certainly destined to be a major power, possibly the 3r largest economy in the world around 2025, the situation of highways around and inside Tiger Reserves can be a great challenge to deal with. According to tigernet, more tigers have died this year than in the same period of 2014, and they are not considering the mysterious case of the 5 missing tigers in Ranthambore...[img]images/smilies/sad.gif[/img]
By the way, I have a small question. It is said everywhere that tigers from South India are not as big as tigers from Central and North India. Unfortunately there are not many pics from south tigers, but those which I saw, the tigers does not look smaller at all. Considering that many tigers live in South India, specially Karnataka, there might be some "monsters" , but they are not easy to spot.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - sanjay - 04-26-2015

(04-25-2015, 09:05 PM)strana Wrote: By the way, I have a small question. It is said everywhere that tigers from South India are not as big as tigers from Central and North India. Unfortunately there are not many pics from south tigers, but those which I saw, the tigers does not look smaller at all. Considering that many tigers live in South India, specially Karnataka, there might be some "monsters" , but they are not easy to spot.

I don't think it is correct statement. Prince of Bandipur, The famous tiger, Guar killer, is a huge tiger. Though @Roflcopters, @Apollo and @Rage2277 may tell better.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - shaileshsharadnaik - 04-26-2015

(04-15-2015, 03:57 PM)'Roflcopters' Wrote: I had some free time on my hand so i decided to continue my friend "Phantera's work" with the Tadoba Tigers.

from Left to right 

Row #1 
Yeda Anna
Ookhan
Saturn 
Shivaji 
Katezari 
Gabbar 
Wagdoh
Basant Bandhara - father of maya and her brother
Row #2
Kolsa #1 - sub adult male seen recently from Kolsa region
Kolsa #2 - saturn's look alike/son from Kolsa region 
Pandherpauni youngster - young male that was seen around pandherpauni and tadoba lake area beginning of 2015 
Buffer male
Buffer male #1 - picture from almost a decade ago during a night safari
Old Hill top male
Pandherpauni side male, one of the males that fought Gabbar recently and might be one of saturn's boy
Bajrang 
Row #3
Veer 
Pasha 
Jabbar - possible brother of Wagdoh, also blind in the same eye as Wagdoh and similar appearance
Shiva 
Maya's brother 
Matkasur male - male photographed and seen in Saturn's territory so a lot of people on facebook have been calling him Saturn but he's not Saturn and is a new unfamiliar male. I decided to go ahead with the name "Matkasur" because of the area where he's from. 
Bhola - male cub of Wagdoh and Madhuri
Shankar - brother of Bhola and the son of Wagdoh and Madhuri

From my side, there are no mistakes but if there are any. feel free to correct me. 

this is really outstanding work. thanks. i had been going to tadoba often. in last 4 years and after 20 odd safaris although, i could spot a male only once ie katezari 3 years back. i really doubt where all these males hide or are they really there now? specially yeda anna, ookhan, hllltop male, jabbar , vasant bhanthara male , buffer males. havent seen their photos recently.  other males atleast are sighted intermittantly. Tigresses and cubs are spotted more eg sonam, maya, choti tara, devdoh female, kolsa female ( sona) with cubs

can someone post recent photos of yeda anna, ookhan, hllltop male, jabbar , vasant bhanthara male , buffer males

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 04-26-2015

(04-25-2015, 09:05 PM)'strana' Wrote:
(04-25-2015, 03:23 AM)'Pckts' Wrote: If highways are going to cut across prime tiger habitat, they need to inforce a police monitored, very slow speed limit and have extremely heavy fines and treat a tiger death the same way they would treat a human death. Investigate it and if found to be the drivers fault, they should face the consuquences, IMO. 

My first post here  !!!
These highways are really a problem for tigers. According to Times of India a 15 months tigress cub was run over near Tadoba. Very sad indeed. When I think that India is almost  certainly destined to be a major power, possibly the 3r largest economy in the world around 2025, the situation of highways around and inside Tiger Reserves can be a great challenge to deal with. According to tigernet, more tigers have died this year than in the same period of 2014, and they are not considering the mysterious case of the 5 missing tigers in Ranthambore...[img]images/smilies/sad.gif[/img]
By the way, I have a small question. It is said everywhere that tigers from South India are not as big as tigers from Central and North India. Unfortunately there are not many pics from south tigers, but those which I saw, the tigers does not look smaller at all. Considering that many tigers live in South India, specially Karnataka, there might be some "monsters" , but they are not easy to spot.

Welcome, you're correct, there are very few S. Indian tigers spotted but the famous Raja seems to be every bit as large as other tigers. I have seen a few photographers say that they are not quite as large as other tigers but I think it will just depend on the tiger. There may not be a waghdoh but Im sure Raja is every bit as large as many other tigers from central india. IMO

Edit:
After watching some video of Raja compared to Tadoba tigers and Kahna tigers, where I think he may be slightly smaller is in the neck/head region and possibly the hind quarters. Maybe its because his chest and arms are so huge and it makes his hind quarters seem more lean, but when comparing him to a tiger like Katezari/Waghdoh/Munna etc. They seem to be thick from front to back more so than Raja. But i would bet raja is as tall or taller than all of them, but I would be curious about body length.
If I'm estimating rajas weight, I'm putting him in the 220-240kg I think.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 04-26-2015

(04-26-2015, 06:25 PM)'shaileshsharadnaik' Wrote:
(04-15-2015, 03:57 PM)'Roflcopters' Wrote: I had some free time on my hand so i decided to continue my friend "Phantera's work" with the Tadoba Tigers.

from Left to right 

Row #1 
Yeda Anna
Ookhan
Saturn 
Shivaji 
Katezari 
Gabbar 
Wagdoh
Row #2
Pandherpauni youngster - young male that was seen around pandherpauni and tadoba lake area beginning of 2015 
Buffer male
Old Hill top male
Pandherpauni side male, one of the males that fought Gabbar recently and might be one of saturn's boy
Bajrang 
Row #3
Veer 
Pasha 
Jabbar - possible brother of Wagdoh, also blind in the same eye as Wagdoh and similar appearance
Shiva 
Maya's brother 
Matkasur male - male photographed and seen in Saturn's territory so a lot of people on facebook have been calling him Saturn but he's not Saturn and is a new unfamiliar male. I decided to go ahead with the name "Matkasur" because of the area where he's from. 

From my side, there are no mistakes but if there are any. feel free to correct me. 

this is really outstanding work. thanks. i had been going to tadoba often. in last 4 years and after 20 odd safaris although, i could spot a male only once ie katezari 3 years back. i really doubt where all these males hide or are they really there now? specially yeda anna, ookhan, hllltop male, jabbar , vasant bhanthara male , buffer males. havent seen their photos recently.  other males atleast are sighted intermittantly. Tigresses and cubs are spotted more eg sonam, maya, choti tara, devdoh female, kolsa female ( sona) with cubs

can someone post recent photos of yeda anna, ookhan, hllltop male, jabbar , vasant bhanthara male , buffer males

The only males I see photographed recently are Saturn, Gabbar, katezari and Wagdoh.
Shivaji was reported to be spotted recently and his son has been photographed as well.
I posted his image and date in the Tiger directory thread. 

On a side note, its reported that Katezari is a large male, how did he compare to other males you have seen?
Thanks for the time.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Rage2277 - 04-27-2015

the pandharpauni youngster,the matkasur male and the young male who was chased by  gabbar are the same tiger

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - shaileshsharadnaik - 04-27-2015

(04-26-2015, 08:59 PM)'Pckts' Wrote:
(04-26-2015, 06:25 PM)'shaileshsharadnaik' Wrote:

from Left to right 

Row #1 
Yeda Anna
Ookhan
Saturn 
Shivaji 
Katezari 
Gabbar 
Wagdoh
Row #2
Buffer male
Old Hill top male
Bajrang 
Row #3
Veer 
Pasha 
Shiva 
Maya's brother 

The only males I see photographed recently are Saturn, Gabbar, katezari and Wagdoh.
Shivaji was reported to be spotted recently and his son has been photographed as well.
I posted his image and date in the Tiger directory thread. 

On a side note, its reported that Katezari is a large male, how did he compare to other males you have seen?
Thanks for the time.

i saw him 3 yrs back. back then he must be 3-4 yrs old. he was large and beautiful specimen. am sure he has grown larger after that.

see his photo of jan 12