WildFact
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India (/topic-b2-and-other-great-tiger-pics-from-india)

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 04-14-2015

Sarat TalluriSanctuary Asia 2 hrs ·     Krishna [T19] Story :
This was taken at about 4 pm in the evening after Krishna was going home after a fight in territorial aggression and got injured. You can see puncture wound on one of its hind legs. Swam a nearby lake and then started going home. We followed all the swim across the lake and then walk down till disappeared in the woods down.

Taken with Canon 5D Mark III camera + Canon 2.8 70-200 glass handheld.

Exif: Aperture priority with aperture 2.8, evaluative metering with exposure bias of + 1, ISO 2000 yielded a shutter speed of 1/5000 sec at about 4 pm on a ok light day.

Krishna [T19], Royal Bengal Tiger, Ranthambore, Rajasthan, India.

*This image is copyright of its original author
Narayanan SubramanianTadoba Wild Images Follow · Yesterday ·    
KOLSA MALE APRIL 2015
Mihir Kothari Yesterday ·    
Yedda Anna or broke tale

First family on the move at Ranthambore. As the cubs are almost 1 year old some personality traits are clearly visible. One the the cubs, female cub looks more adventurous and daring than siblings and prefers to spend time away from mother and siblings. Have seen her walking at a distance from rest of from family at times...is she the dominant cub in this litter only time will tell. — with Anurag Sharma.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 04-15-2015

I had some free time on my hand so i decided to continue my friend "Phantera's work" with the Tadoba Tigers.

from Left to right 

Row #1 
Yeda Anna
Ookhan
Saturn 
Shivaji 
Katezari 
Gabbar 
Wagdoh
Basant Bandhara - father of maya and her brother
Row #2
Kolsa #1 - sub adult male seen recently from Kolsa region
Kolsa #2 - saturn's look alike/son from Kolsa region 
Pandherpauni youngster - young male that was seen around pandherpauni and tadoba lake area beginning of 2015 
Buffer male
Buffer male #1 - picture from almost a decade ago during a night safari
Old Hill top male
Pandherpauni side male, one of the males that fought Gabbar recently and might be one of saturn's boy
Bajrang 
Row #3
Veer 
Pasha 
Jabbar - possible brother of Wagdoh, also blind in the same eye as Wagdoh and similar appearance
Shiva 
Maya's brother 
Matkasur male - male photographed and seen in Saturn's territory so a lot of people on facebook have been calling him Saturn but he's not Saturn and is a new unfamiliar male. I decided to go ahead with the name "Matkasur" because of the area where he's from. 
Bhola - male cub of Wagdoh and Madhuri
Shankar - brother of Bhola and the son of Wagdoh and Madhuri

From my side, there are no mistakes but if there are any. feel free to correct me. 

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - sanjay - 04-15-2015

@Roflcopters , That's awesome work.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Rage2277 - 04-15-2015

(04-15-2015, 03:57 PM)'Roflcopters' Wrote: I had some free time on my hand so i decided to continue my friend "Phantera's work" with the Tadoba Tigers.

from Left to right 

Row #1 
Yeda Anna
Ookhan
Saturn 
Shivaji 
Katezari 
Gabbar 
Wagdoh
Basant Bandhara - father of maya and her brother
Row #2
Kolsa #1 - sub adult male seen recently from Kolsa region
Kolsa #2 - saturn's look alike/son from Kolsa region 
Buffer subadult 
Buffer male
Buffer male #1 - picture from almost a decade ago during a night safari
Old Hill top male
Pandherpauni side male, one of the males that fought Gabbar recently and might be one of saturn's boy
Bajrang 
Row #3
Veer 
Pasha 
Jabbar - possible brother of Wagdoh, also blind in the same eye as Wagdoh and similar appearance
Shiva 
Maya's brother 
Matkasur male - male photographed and seen in Saturn's territory so a lot of people on facebook have been calling him Saturn but he's not Saturn and is a new unfamiliar male. I decided to go ahead with the name "Matkasur" because of the area where he's from. 
Bhola - male cub of Wagdoh and Madhuri
Shankar - brother of Bhola and the son of Wagdoh and Madhuri

From my side, there are no mistakes but if there are any. feel free to correct me. 

the matkasur male is the same male who got in a scuffle with gabbar and was chased off
and pasha looks identical to the buffer subadult

Thanks guys and I'm aware that a few of the specimens are missing from the list. Once i find a good print and gather enough specimens to do another Row. I'll throw them in. 

Edit: Pasha and the Buffer sub adult do look identical but could they be the same? or my eyes are deceiving me? 

Pasha

the male i labelled as bufferzone subadult is Pasha aswell. Phew, good call.

Ok I'll cut him out and add the pandherpauni youngster in to the picture. 

Ok so i added this guy http://wildfact.com/forum/topic-tiger-directory?page=16 from post #238

And here's the newly updated picture.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 04-15-2015

@Roflcopters
Definitely look the same to me...
"W" shape over the left eye and 3 lines over the right and the furthest of the 3 has a break in the middle.

Also, for those of you wondering why me and rage221 think Jabbar and Wagdoh are brothers. Here's why

Huge male Jabbar on the left with a tigress

Close up, damaged eye and possibly blind?

Side Profile of Jabbar 

and now my boy Wagdoh male

Wagdoh male

This is the closest thing to Wagdoh male that I have seen and if this male was dominant in 2008 then i guess him and Wagdoh could be brothers. Wagdoh male is allegedly 13 years old according to Tigernation. 

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 04-15-2015

Wasn't it rumored that Waghdoh and Yedda Anna could possible be bros as well?

Jabbar looks to have a large head on him but Waghdoh definitely has the more massive neck on body IMO.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 04-16-2015

Tiger Nation shared Daulat Singh Shaktawat's photo.10 hrs ·When the risks get greater than the rewards. T7 of Ranthambhore outside the park last year.

[b]forest ranger.[/b]T7 (5-year-old) one of the favourite’s tiger of the tourism zone who shared his territory with his own father T2 (10 year old) unfortunately strayed out of the park due to the overgrazing of cattle by Uliana and Bhadlav villagers and entered the agricultural field of Bhuripahadi village.
The Background: At about 3 AM tiger killed one of the buffalo calves of a villager, at about 3.15 AM the villagers discovered this, threw stones on the tiger, pulled away the calf, and informed the forest department.
The forest department reached on site around 5 AM and about three canters of police also reached. By then about 1,500 villagers had gathered around in that area, the men and women of the village were creating unnecessary havoc and pressure on the officers.
Sites of attack which have taken place in the past 4 monthsOne of the Rangers – Mr Daulat Singh [The most able and efficient ranger of Ranthambhore Tiger Reserve] was cornered by villagers and physically abused.
This shoving created stress and strain on the forest rangers. The tiger was equally stressed due to the continuous stone throwing and other noises.

The stressed out tiger trying to find its way out of the crowd back in the forestThe ranger tried to tranquilize the tiger twice but missed the shot, third time around he tried to bend down and check if the tiger was darted but the tiger made a surprise attack.

Daulat Singh Saktawat was gravely injured on hands and face with him losing one eye.

Mr Daulat Singh rescued by the forest guardsHe was rushed to the Sawai Madhopur Hospital, which had no electricity in the first place leave alone a sterilized Operation theatre. The state of the hospital was pathetic with no monitoring equipment, no oxygen, no ventilator and room was moist and filthy with fungus on the walls. Crowds of people were allowed to enter at will as if there was some magic show taking place and everyone was invited. Every possible protocol of Emergency Care was violated. Very crude patch up work was being done and that too in the light of a torch and even the torch was not immediately available and was brought by Dharmendra Khandal which was a car light used for Hyena filming. The generator was not working and everything was left to the mercy of God.
Under normal circumstances in such a small District town, the General Hospital would be the logical place to take all emergencies, but here there was an option of the best emergency care that was on the way from the site of injury, which was Ranthambhore Sevika.
The Sevika Hospital was on the way from Bhuriphadi and would save at least 30 minutes time as that is how long it would take to get to the General Hospital. Sevika Hospital is equipped with the best Doctors and equipment and yet the local officials took the unnecessary risk to take one of their brethren to the General Hospital where even electricity was not available.
These were the mistakes made due to the ego and protocol issues by the forest department, however there were some mistakes made on the site of the catastrophe:
No basic emergency equipment was available to combat the situation in such case with mob around; a kit should be available with the foresters, which would contain a loudspeaker to pacify the crowd, safety wear for the team such as helmets, and thick jackets (Which could have prevented this incident due to which Mr Daulat Singh ji lost one of his eye).
The eye lid was stitched with the cheek in the Sawai Madhopur hospital pretty badly and it will take a lot of work and expertise of the plastic surgeon to correct it.
Mr Daulat might not be able to see with one of his eye in the future but the eyes above all of us is looking at the people who let it happen due to their ego's and impassivity.
After the darkness of the night the tiger returned back in the jungle...

http://ranthambhorediary.blogspot.com/2010/08/tragic-day-in-ranthambhore_4283.html

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pantherinae - 04-16-2015

Feel really bad for the tiger.. All that stress he must have been in... I think people in India should get more knowledge about what they should do in wild animal encounters! it can happen out of nothing! When everyone screams and throws things on animals as dangerous as tigers, leopards and wild elephant's, the damage can be fatal for people and also for endangerd animals! 

People should get inside and let forrest officials and rangers take care of it. That would be much safer for the willagers and less stress and panic for the animal. 

Great pictures @Pckts tfs! glad The tiger escaped! 

(04-16-2015, 05:16 AM)'Pantherinae' Wrote: Feel really bad for the tiger.. All that stress he must have been in... I think people in India should get more knowledge about what they should do in wild animal encounters! it can happen out of nothing! When everyone screams and throws things on animals as dangerous as tigers, leopards and wild elephant's, the damage can be fatal for people and also for endangerd animals! 

People should get inside and let forrest officials and rangers take care of it. That would be much safer for the willagers and less stress and panic for the animal. 

Great pictures @Pckts tfs! glad The tiger escaped! 

Its even worse because the villagers were actually attacking the forest dep't guard as well for not doing something sooner.
It's sad that these people who are poor (which is the majority) have no access to educational tools that can teach them the importance of nature and all its inhabitants. Hopefully one day all will realize that animal or man, we all deserve a place here and we can make it work if we try.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 04-16-2015

That was a tragedy actually, Mr.Daulat Singh was an honest ranger who worked his job without proper gear and highly underpaid. And as far as the tiger goes, he's now a resident male in Sariska Tiger Reserve. 

http://www.tigerwalah.com/its-all-about-family-at-sariska/

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 04-17-2015

Ya, that guy was a hero. Doing the job that takes compassion and bravery at the same time. Tragic to see people not appreciate that.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 04-21-2015

Mr. Jai Looking massive per usual

Prashant WarwareUmred Karhandla Wildlife Sanctuary