WildFact
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India (/topic-b2-and-other-great-tiger-pics-from-india)

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 03-31-2015

Sarat TalluriSanctuary Asia 13 hrs ·    ·   MORNING YAWN OF HIS MAJESTY THE USTAD OF RANTHAMBORE

Story Behind this Shot: We were depressed to the core for not sighting tiger since last 7 safaris except for a glimpse once. Started early morning and where going on a road near a water stream looking for his or her majesty. Suddenly Suman Sumant Pinnamaneni yelled that he saw something nearby and we missed. We went back again and saw a beautiful scene. His majesty USTAD basking in the morning sun on a tree trunk and besides the water stream relaxing. He was missed by experienced guide and also driver but we were lucky to have Sumant with us. Ustad was in full relaxing mood and was rolling over, yawning ....at 7 am morning. You can see for yourself how USTAD was relaxed and gave us full yawn !!!

Gear Used: Canon 5D Mark III Camera + Canon 300 2.8 with Canon TC III 1.4 handheld.

Exif: Aperture priority with aperture 5, evaluative metering with exposure bias of + 0.7, ISO 4000 yielded a shutter speed of 1/1600 on a backlit subject at about 7 am.

Ustad, The Male Royal Bengal Tiger, Ranthambore, Rajasthan, India, March 2015.

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 03-31-2015

The Ranveer Singh Gautam photography 24 mins ·    ·  
Royal male marking his territory .
Location - Tatr , 2015

Pic by - Ranveer Singh Gautam

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - shaileshsharadnaik - 04-01-2015

Quote:[attachment=58][attachment=58]'Roflcopters' pid='9359' dateline='1426995401'
I haven't seen an actual photo of Katezari after this fight but someone sighted him recently and he seemed fine, He's also moving with Maya now, which tells me that Gabbar just lost a female and is at the verge of losing his entire territory. Katezari male seems very determined to eliminate him. they've fought like twice within a month frame and both times Gabbar had it the worse.. I just hope the forest department intervenes and treats his wounds before they get infected. And goodluck with your Tadoba trip, should be fun! Tadoba is reigning with tigers right now.  Keep us updated ! [img]images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

just back from Tadoba 4 days trip . Update
  • gabbar seems to be recuperating well. i was told he is hunting too
  • katezari is also in good shape
  • sonam looks like heavily pregnant. saw her 4 times in 4 days. she may be searching for a safer place. this photo is from unbodi water body
  • kolsa range has 2-3 tigresses with cubs and 2-3 males. couldnt spot.
  •  

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - sanjay - 04-01-2015

(04-01-2015, 05:51 PM)shaileshsharadnaik Wrote: just back from Tadoba 4 days trip . Update
  • gabbar seems to be recuperating well. i was told he is hunting too
  • katezari is also in good shape
  • sonam looks like heavily pregnant. saw her 4 times in 4 days. she may be searching for a safer place. this photo is from unbodi water body
  • kolsa range has 2-3 tigresses with cubs and 2-3 males. couldnt spot.

Thank you for this information. We appreciate information from first hand.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 04-02-2015

The Ranveer Singh Gautam photography 15 hrs ·    
The Hercules of Tadoba ,
#Biggest Male Tiger alive in Wild India#
Pic by Ranveer Singh Gautam

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 04-02-2015

Wow! so Sonam is finally pregnant with Bajrang's litter.. damn! time sure flies and thanks for the update on both Katezari and Gabbar..

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 04-04-2015

Raja and his kingdom, the undefeated, the undisputed and the mightiest of the males at Bandipur National Park.

The King Bamera from March this season

Katezari male with his little princess (daughter)

my boy Leopard face aka Gabbar, according to a lot of the regulars. he's doing excellent and recovering well from his injuries

Backwater cubs messing around with the Gaurs, the mother and the other cub were nearby

Katezari male, according to a friend of mine who's seen M62 in Panna told me that Katezari male and the old rulers of Panna were very similar in their build and size.. interestingly, he hasn't seen Wagdoh male. who's even bigger than Katezari. 

Big male from Kaziranga seen from a far distance

Backwater family (mother and the cubs)

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 04-05-2015

Jiten HarodeSanctuary Asia Follow · 4 hrs ·    
"USTAD" aka T-24
Straight in my eyes.

Ranthambore
March 2015. — with Rohit Sangar, Yadvendra singh, Sarosh lodhi and Sheena Franklin Harode.

Sai AdikarlaSanctuary Asia April 2 ·    
King of Kazi

It was a memorable last summer and a dream come true to a witness rare sighting of a tiger in open in that park. — at Kaziranga National Park

Just look at that freaking HEAD!!!!!

Kazi Tigers never dissapoint.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 04-05-2015

That huge male is KZT085 from the Kohora range and he's the same male that murdered KZT023 in 2011. 

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 04-05-2015

(04-05-2015, 03:28 PM)'Roflcopters' Wrote: That huge male is KZT085 from the Kohora range and he's the same male that murdered KZT023 in 2011. 

I'll have to look up some older images of him, a wonder how hold he is?

On a side note,
I think its absolutely valid to say Kaziranga tigers have the largest skulls of any Tiger.
I know their isn't much verified measurements but you would have to be blind to not agree. Every picture we see is the same, they all  have massive skulls. 
People can make cases about tigers being as large as them, in other areas because that is harder to tell. There is no denying the massive heads on them.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - GrizzlyClaws - 04-05-2015

If they got the largest skull of all tigers, then it automatically means that they also got the largest skull of all big cats.

Remember, the largest skull for the normal Amur/Bengal is about 1 inch shorter than largest lion skull, whilst the tiger skull is proportionally broader and heavier.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - GrizzlyClaws - 04-05-2015

Whose head looks bigger?

The captive Amur specimen with a 20 inches head (possibly a 17+ inches skull) and the Kaziranga giant.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - peter - 04-06-2015

Next to impossible as a result of the angles, Grizzly. The captive Amur tiger was 320 cm. in total length and 210 cm. in head and body ('between pegs'). At the shoulder, he stood 110 cm. and in his prime he was estimated at 280-300 kg. His head length was 50 cm., meaning the greatest total length of the skull would have been between 16-17 inches. My guess is the skull was destroyed after he died.

The head seems a bit larger in the Kazirangha tiger. If we assume he was shorter in head and body, which seems likely because the captive Amur tiger was a giant, we can conclude he had a relatively large skull. This, however, doesn't mean the skull would have been longer in absolutes. 

I saw more photographs of Kazirangha tigers with large skulls and concluded they are different from other Indian tigers in this respect. Kazirangha skulls not only are quite long, but also robust. The Maharajah of Cooch Behar wrote large skulls ranged between 14-15 inches a century ago. I found more evidence of skulls of this size in the JBNHS. The longest in that part of India (northeast) ranged between 15-16 inches. One male of 10.4 in total length had a 16 inches skull. A shorter, but bulkier, male had a slightly shorter, but wider skull. 

The longest Indian skull I know of was 16.25 inches in greatest total length. It was measured by a taxidermist. The owner, shot by the daughter of Sir J. Hewett, was 10.2 'over curves' when he was measured the next morning, meaning he would have been a few inches longer when he would have been measured directly after death. In a straight line, this tiger would have been very close to 10 feet in total length straight, possibly even a trifle over. The tiger was shot in northwest India. It was the finest Sir John Hewett saw.

Although there are many rumours, I've yet to see unquestionable evidence of an Amur tiger with a 16-inch skull. I don't doubt their existence, but there's no evidence. In captive animals, it's a bit different. The longest I saw was just under 15 inches, but Christiansen wrote one captive Amur skull exceeded 350,00 mm. in condylobasal length. Based on what I saw in skulls of captive male tigers, my guess is the skull could have ranged between 390,00-405,00 mm. in greatest total length. The owner of the skull was large, but he didn't compare to the Duisburg Zoo tiger. Not even close, I'd say.    

There's no question lions top the table for greatest total length, but tiger skulls usually have relatively wider rostrums (Russia) and arches (India). Watch 'relatively'. In my experience, there are way more 14-inch lion skulls than 14-inch tiger skulls. The problem, as always, is sample size. There are very few skulls of wild Indian and Amur in European natural history museums. A pity, as the few wild skulls I saw were much more robust than captive skulls. The difference between wild and captive in tigers is more pronounced than in lions and it also shows in skulls. All in all, I'd say the information on big cat skulls is well below par. The reason is not enough skulls of wild tigers in European museums.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Amnon242 - 04-06-2015

What do you think about this tiger? Is he the same league as the Amur from Duisburg?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR31vG7VjS4

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - GrizzlyClaws - 04-06-2015

(04-06-2015, 03:28 AM)'Amnon242' Wrote: What do you think about this tiger? Is he the same league as the Amur from Duisburg?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR31vG7VjS4

That tiger doesn't look very bulky, so i think this male Amur should be closer to the Duisburg specimen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sryimu_S8jQ