WildFact
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India (/topic-b2-and-other-great-tiger-pics-from-india)

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Wanderfalke - 02-18-2015

(02-17-2015, 10:42 PM)'Pckts' Wrote: Check this big, intimidating monster out!Amrut NaikSanctuary Asia 4 hrs ·    
Jai - The Ruler of Karhandla
UK !! Feb 2015. — with Deepak Pate and Saurabh Sukhdeve.

*This image is copyright of its original author

In regards to Mangu Male, he looks absolutely massive.
Almost Corbett tiger like in his appearance I think.

You have to love his look, his whole appearance!

The new big male from Bandhavgarh looks healthy, fit and handsome. Always nice to see new healthy males.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Apollo - 02-24-2015

Choti Tara with her cubs

Waghdoh closeup

Gabbar seen in Hilltop area

T24 and T39 kissing each other

Male tiger from Kabini

Mother and cub from Satpura NP

Tiger cub from Pench

Mastigudi male 

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - GrizzlyClaws - 02-24-2015

Can they measure Wagdoh's canines they got a chance?

I wonder if it can beat Madla's record?!

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 02-24-2015

(02-24-2015, 10:55 AM)'GrizzlyClaws' Wrote: Can they measure Wagdoh's canines they got a chance?

I wonder if it can beat Madla's record?!

Got to take in to account the fact that Madla was measured earlier in his life and he died young. Waghdoh is old and has lived a full life, his canines are surely worn down and not nearly what they were in his prime.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 02-26-2015

Kaziranga tigress being released into the wild

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - GrizzlyClaws - 02-26-2015

For his age, his canine teeth are still in perfect condition.

This is how those massive subfossil tiger canine teeth were preserved, because these monster canine teeth were mostly belong to some old dominant territorial males like him.

Wagdoh's upper canine teeth look so much bigger than his lower canine teeth, so it indicates that his upper canine teeth must be exceptional in size.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 02-26-2015

Its all subjective. They are dull in color so obviously worn down, maybe tigers put more use to lower canines than upper who knows. Its to hard to determine a canine from a photo shot only I believe.

I bet this is how Wagdoh's canine is going to look like, the crown part was worn down by age despite it is still huge.

Those tiger subfossils indicate that many old dominant territorial males used to live quite long in the past, also they didn't have their canine teeth damaged, but only getting worn down by the natural aging process.

Wagdoh's canine teeth also have the similar curvature with the subfossil one, so this is the general characteristic of the dominant territorial males' canine teeth.

The tiger canine in your personal collection is not very worn down, so it could belong to a young dominant male who was died from poaching.

Whilst those huge subfossil tiger canine teeth were all shown to be worn down, so we got plenty of large male tigers like Wagdoh who lived very long in the past.

(02-26-2015, 02:33 AM)'GrizzlyClaws' Wrote: The tiger canine in your personal collection is not very worn down, so it could belong to a young dominant male who was died from poaching.

Whilst those huge subfossil tiger canine teeth were all shown to be worn down, so we got plenty of large male tigers like Wagdoh who lived very long in the past.

I would almost guarantee that mine is from the Tiger Temple. Its already tied with selling tiger carcasses to the black market, so it most likely is from there. The temple is only a couple of hours from where I was, I was going to go before I heard how horrific that place was. Im so glad it got shut down.

By looking at the degree of worn down, this male doesn't look very old, what could cause his death?

(02-26-2015, 04:50 AM)'GrizzlyClaws' Wrote: By looking at the degree of worn down, this male doesn't look very old, what could cause his death?

I don't really want to think about it, it makes me sad to think why they would have such a fresh tooth.

China/India/Southeast Asia are perhaps the ideal places to dig for the tiger subfossils.

I think possessing the subfossil canines are better than the fresh ones.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Rage2277 - 02-26-2015

Namdev aka Saturn feb 2015

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Rage2277 - 02-26-2015

young tadoba male feb 2015 he looks like Saturn