WildFact
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India (/topic-b2-and-other-great-tiger-pics-from-india)

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 11-06-2014

(11-06-2014, 04:24 AM)'Roflcopters' Wrote: You have to admit though, Gabbar has never backed down from a fight and is actually doing pretty good now. I heard the injuries that Katezari recently sustained were against Gabbar in a territorial fight. Gabbar may be the smallest male amongst the giants but he's got the right attitude of a warrior who doesn't take crap, He'll get beaten but he will come back for more until he makes his presense felt and that's what he's doing. look at him in the recent photos of him, he's gotten pretty big and has earned a fierce reputation for himself. 

Oh, I take nothing away from Gabbar. He has been looking more and more massive and he has all the fighting expierence in the world. I don't think that any wild territory holding Tiger can survive with out be in many fights. I think once they give way their time usually comes to a end, once they lose confidence in their strength that is probably the end of them. They will be driven out by any and all competitors since they no longer have that fire inside. I think the same thing applies with lions, they say that once a lion has lost his coalition or pride, he never regains another.

I also find it interesting that with all of these big bad males, none of them dare challenge the mighty Waghdoh, it seems as though his reputation proceeds him.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 11-06-2014

Pckts, if you look at the video date. It says November 2013 and that's exactly the time frame as Gabbar and Saturn's fight. I remember very precisely when this fight went down and I agree with you, Wagdoh's dominance is on a whole new level as compared to other dominant males like T28, T42, Bamera, Munna and others. the only male that really comes close to matching his stature is probably Raja of Bandipur, as far as i remember. He's never lost a fight in his career while Bamera, Munna, T28, T24 all have at some points in their career. Wagdoh seems to be outdoing his competion in every aspect, from being a good father, husband, the most feared male and the biggest by far. being a tiger fan, I like every tiger but my top 5 always have been KZT023, KZT085, Wagdoh, Charger of Pench and Bamera of bandhavgarh. [img]images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Rage2277 - 11-07-2014

Jobhi's son 2014 looks like his pops but with a softer look in his face
*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Rage2277 - 11-07-2014

Queen Choti Tara 2014

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 11-07-2014

(11-06-2014, 06:34 AM)'Roflcopters' Wrote: Pckts, if you look at the video date. It says November 2013 and that's exactly the time frame as Gabbar and Saturn's fight. I remember very precisely when this fight went down and I agree with you, Wagdoh's dominance is on a whole new level as compared to other dominant males like T28, T42, Bamera, Munna and others. the only male that really comes close to matching his stature is probably Raja of Bandipur, as far as i remember. He's never lost a fight in his career while Bamera, Munna, T28, T24 all have at some points in their career. Wagdoh seems to be outdoing his competion in every aspect, from being a good father, husband, the most feared male and the biggest by far. being a tiger fan, I like every tiger but my top 5 always have been KZT023, KZT085, Wagdoh, Charger of Pench and Bamera of bandhavgarh. [img]images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

You're probably right Copters.
Is Kzt085 the one credited w/the death of KZT023 or do they still believe it was KZT024?

I think my top five would be
KZT023, KZT024, KZT085, Waghdoh and Munna.
I think since Kaziranga and Kahna have the highest Tiger densisty, and Kahna especially because it has so many males compared to females, that even though they have matriarch rulers, they still get challenged. While Tadoba seems to have a few challengers now, but during Waghohs prime rule, they only really had Broken tail, that I know of?
I think with all these boys getting bolder and bolder, new challengers arrising, its only a matter of time before the Mighty Waghoh is going to have to unsheath his sword and go back to battle.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 11-08-2014

According to Kunwar Juneja, KZT085 was in the close vicinity of KZT023 prior to his death so most likely he's the killer and it's obvious because KZT023 ruled the Kohora range and the present ruler of Kohora range is now KZT085. 

I am not sure about Kanha having the highest density but I am sure Kaziranga is #1, followed by Corbett #2. As far as Wagdoh goes, I think his only real fight up to date was against Yeda Anna aka Broken tail (Son of the original Sultan, the most notorious male of Tadoba in his time) Wagdoh absolutely destroyed him and shortly after, he emerged as the undisputed ruler of Tadoba's prime territory. On record, from my personal experience in the tiger business (2006-present) Wagdoh, Raja and Khali of Corbett are the only three males that haven't lost a fight in their career and have grown old.. even right now, Wagdoh goes around everywhere care-free. He could care less about where he goes, for example.. When Madhuri shifted towards South West of Teliya lake because of the young cubs, Wagdoh followed her footsteps and obviously there were resident males present in both Junoona and Agarzari Bufferzone but Wagdoh had no problem displacing them from their respective territories. now this gives us a clear understanding of his foothold in the Tadoba Hiearchy. I like Bamera and Munna too but they've lost fights in the past, Bamera lost to Jobhi. Infact Jobhi is his successor and Munna lost a several over the years as well. 

P.S good to see you back rage221 and Jobhi's son looks solid. TFS [img]images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 11-10-2014

I have never heard of Munna ever losing a fight.
In fact, I think Munna posts the most impressive resume with so many victories over so many worthy opponents. Even with a few death's credited to him as well.
What losses have you heard of for Munna?

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 11-11-2014

there have been several males over the years that have pushed him away from the Meadows but over all, Munna has won more fights.. He's still a dominant male for his old age but the point that i was making is that he hasn't gone undefeated like Khali, Raja or Wagdoh. Even Bamera lost to Rahasy, Jobhi and one of the Mahaman boys.. 

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 11-11-2014

What males?
He has defeated Naak Kata, Konda (allegedly), Red Eye, Pattewala, kankata (not positive about him) and killed a few others, possibly Gaursingh who died from throat wound. I think Im even missing a few others as well.
I have never heard of a single male beating him even in his old age he is still undefeated.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 11-12-2014

Kankata has beat him before and so have Red-Eye, also being a most dominant male doesn't mean "Undefeated" If that was the case then every dominant male on my list would come off as undefeated.. ok here's one of many accounts.

Munna, the erstwhile dominant male of the Kanha meadows had just settled down for a siesta one late morning. This is an old picture taken in 2010 when Munna was in his prime and still the obvious ruler of the Kanha meadows. In summer 2012, he seemed to have shifted his base to Sarhi and was seen more often in the Sarhi - Dig Dola areas over the last year. One can only guess what made him do that...some believe Munna was eventually pushed out of the meadows by Kankata, an equally old male who suddenly started making his presence felt on the meadows in a big way since the summer of 2012. Kankata was feared dead when the park re-opened for the winter of 2013, however, the good news is that he is still alive and roams extensively and has been sighted nearly everywhere in the tourism zone - Kanha, Kisli, Sarhi, and Mukki! Munna has been sighted this season on Salghat and route 9, however, he no longer has a strong presence on the meadows the way he had from 2009 to 2012. Though he still looks fit in the photos this year, old age could possibly be catching up with him. We also have some young aspirants to the throne of the king of the meadows. As all the three famous giants - Munna, Naak Kata, and Kankata are almost past their prime, probably, one of Munna's own cubs, or a cub of his ferocious and long-time feuding neighbour Naak-kata, or a cub of the cool Kankata could eventually take over the meadows soon. There have been reports of an extremely large young male tiger known as Mundi Dadar male (believed to be son of Naak-kata) lurking around the meadows. Only time will tell who will be ushered in as the new prince of this beautiful kingdom.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 11-12-2014

He has never lost to red eye nor Kankata, infact there are many reports of him beating them though.

That post above was from
"Kshitij Degaonkar"
He doesn't take the photos nor is he a expert. He is like Min Ha, they both ask the experts and naturilists from Kahna for the accounts. His write up has 0 responses and is from 2013 while the picture was taken in 2010.

Here is a nice write up on Kankata
http://tigersafari.blogspot.com/2014/11/kankata-male-tiger-kanha.html
by Uday Patel
and he also says Kankata is smaller than Munna in dimensions and this is from 2014.

The only male that Kankata has killed is the previously collared male who was raised in captivity then released in Kahna.

The only male that seems to be a challenge to munna at this very moment is Bhima, but even that is not proven because they haven't had a run in, he is just massive and hasn't shifted his territory.
But Red Eye and Kankatta both have never defeated Munna.

This was from Tigernation posted 5 days ago
"Also, there's another collared male in Mukki too Chandra. This nameless guy was spotted along with Kankata in Mukki range during the same drive, by a friend of mine, back in Feb. The 2 males were in close proximity. He spotted 3 big males Munna, Kankata and Mukki's collared male during that Feb visit, and Collared male was the biggest among the 3, most likely another of Munna's son born sometime in 2010. This collared guy is dominating Mukki now and was seen last month. Sarhi male is also spotted last month, but Red Eye is yet to be seen; I think he's still under Munna's control so he doesn't show up that often. I hope in time Mahavir and Bisanpura males will show up as well, those 2 handsome guys are established tigers in the region. "

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 11-13-2014

Yashpal RathoreSanctuary Asia Follow · 11 hrs ·    
Tigress T-19 walking on safari track with her 3 cubs.
Ranthambhore NP
Date: 24 Oct 2014

Visitor Friendly Wildlife Destination of the Year 2014

JOINT RUNNER UP
Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve, Maharashtra.

Apart from the enormous strides in its conservation and village relocation efforts, Tadoba should be applauded for its focus on its buffer zones where it is committed to offering a range of nature based activities giving local communities new employment opportunities. More than 65 Village Eco-Development Committees have been established in the buffer zones to reduce dependency on forest resources. Under development are specially created wildlife routes, a year round opening policy, 100 kms of walking trails and a newly launched lake canoe safari. Forest hides and a new Machaan are also been created.

A tiger lounges under the ruins of a 'chattri' in Ranthambhore, one of India's best-loved and most visited tiger reserves. This is one destination that quite literally has everything: wildlife, culture, history, religion and (with luck) heart-pounding excitement.

Have you ever witnessed the magic of Ranthambhore? Tell us about your experiences below. If not, plan a trip soon! We have some useful information here http://bit.ly/Destination-Ranthambhore

Image: Aditya Singh

Tigress MAYA - against the light shot at Tadoba Tiger Reserve, Mah., India. Always try to shoot wildlife with some different perspective, which give a nice feel of image. I have more than 50,000 tiger images, but such different image give me still satisfaction of wildlife photography.
ATUL DHAMANKAR

CATWALK
17/10/14
TADOBA LAKE

A nice look at the Tadoba Forest

Tigress MAYA - another against the light shot at Tadoba Tiger Reserve, Mah., India. Always try to shoot wildlife with some different perspective, which give a nice feel of image. I have more than 50,000 tiger images, but such different image give me still satisfaction of wildlife photography.
ATUL DHAMANKAR

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 11-13-2014

Out of respect for Sanjay and this board, I am not going to turn this into another Guate vs Pckts or insert any name vs Pckts in a heated battle to prove that Pckts is never wrong. ok moving on now. lol

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - GuateGojira - 11-13-2014

Roflcopters, at least I debated about something important (radiocollars and its importance to Science), not about indirect observations made by any random person with a camera. I mean, what importance do have if "x" tiger was undefeated or not? Is simple irrelevant.

The topic is about pictures of famous tigers and its stories, keep that and the topic will be OK.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 11-13-2014

(11-13-2014, 11:12 AM)'GuateGojira' Wrote: Roflcopters, at least I debated about something important (radiocollars and its importance to Science), not about indirect observations made by any random person with a camera. I mean, what importance do have if "x" tiger was undefeated or not? Is simple irrelevant.

The topic is about pictures of famous tigers and its stories, keep that and the topic will be OK.

that's the point i was making Guate, I didn't want to get involved in another heated debate with Pckts. especially if it's unnecessary and offers nothing but headache to the admins and mods. I am here for the quality pictures and that suits the best of my interest. [img]images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]