WildFact
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India (/topic-b2-and-other-great-tiger-pics-from-india)

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 10-23-2014

Awesome photo of the Kaziranga male with a nasty head wound. I had never seen that before, the other male is quoted as being a very large male and the photographer said he is worthy of taking up Waghdoh's mantel once Waghdoh is done. He said he is a shy male though.

But until I see a single tiger even dare to take on Waghdoh I'm not ready to give up on his dominance. I use Munna as a example, every once in a while there comes a male who rules for a long time, even when you give up on him, he finds a way to surprise and rule far beyond what you think.
I throw Waghdoh in that category.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - GuateGojira - 10-24-2014

(10-23-2014, 11:02 PM)'Pckts' Wrote:
(10-23-2014, 09:25 AM)'GuateGojira' Wrote: I told you, radiocollaring tigers is the best form to understand the tiger in they ecological and biological form. [img]images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

I hope that, with time, more tigers will be studied in this way, also in more regions. I just can imagine how much data will be arise from those future studies. We will be able to compare, reliably, the behavior of these tigers with those of Nepal and the Western Ghats. [img]images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Let's hope that the government of Bhutan would allow radio collar some tigers in they area.

Definitely disagree here, they can easily monitor gabbar and many others without the radio collar. As well as a significant outrage in the tiger community. With photographers calling it a dog collar and being outraged they did it. Nothing they can monitor with the collar couldn't be monitored with camera traps. Very easy to monitor a tigers movement with cameras as well as all other tigers in the area, not just 1. They are also starting to ask if the collars aren't going to give away position since its very easy to access computer data and if the right poachers are able to break the firewall like what happens with hackers all over the place, whats going to stop them from using it as a tracking system to hunt the tigers?

Hopefully this ends with Gabbar and no more tigers are subject to the stress of the collar and to the unnecessary dangers it puts them in.

Thankfully, scientists and science overall, disagree with you here. Why you just leave science to scientists and experts that actually know what they are doing?

Tiger community in every area where tigers have been collared lived perfectly well and even thrived. Check Nepal and the Western Ghats for example. Only in Panna, where park rangers tried to destroy the studies of Dr Chundawat, ALL tigers died from poachers, not from the radiocollars.

Photographs are just the tip of the ice, if you want a complete "tiger science", ask to Dr Mel Sunquist, Dr Ullas Karanth, Dr Raghu Chundawat, Dr Adam Barlow, Dr Yhala, and many many others in the Indian subcontinent. Put a radiocollar to a tiger and you will unveil its TRUE secrets.

About the “hacking” situation, sorry to say, but that is only paranoia, again. This has not happened, it is an irrational fear. Besides, in the only attempt (yes, attempt as it was not even successful) to hack the data in Central India, experts said that what the hacker could have found were a lot of non-compressive data that could not be useful for anyone.

Again, the stress is very low and tigers recover very well after they captures, in fact, tigers returned to eat of the baits in the same day. Scientists are right in they work, science is served, again. [img]images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 10-24-2014

Yeah the new male is from the outskirts of the Bufferzone and is not used to human presence, I guess he'll eventually overcome his shyness if he's going to be around Teliya lake. 

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - TheLioness - 10-24-2014

This is by far the best topic on the forum, i love the wonderful pictures as well as the information given.

Awesome information there rofl, big males indeed![img]images/smilies/heart.gif[/img]

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 10-24-2014

(10-24-2014, 10:45 AM)'GuateGojira' Wrote:
(10-23-2014, 11:02 PM)'Pckts' Wrote:
(10-23-2014, 09:25 AM)'GuateGojira' Wrote: I told you, radiocollaring tigers is the best form to understand the tiger in they ecological and biological form. [img]images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

I hope that, with time, more tigers will be studied in this way, also in more regions. I just can imagine how much data will be arise from those future studies. We will be able to compare, reliably, the behavior of these tigers with those of Nepal and the Western Ghats. [img]images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Let's hope that the government of Bhutan would allow radio collar some tigers in they area.

Definitely disagree here, they can easily monitor gabbar and many others without the radio collar. As well as a significant outrage in the tiger community. With photographers calling it a dog collar and being outraged they did it. Nothing they can monitor with the collar couldn't be monitored with camera traps. Very easy to monitor a tigers movement with cameras as well as all other tigers in the area, not just 1. They are also starting to ask if the collars aren't going to give away position since its very easy to access computer data and if the right poachers are able to break the firewall like what happens with hackers all over the place, whats going to stop them from using it as a tracking system to hunt the tigers?

Hopefully this ends with Gabbar and no more tigers are subject to the stress of the collar and to the unnecessary dangers it puts them in.

Thankfully, scientists and science overall, disagree with you here. Why you just leave science to scientists and experts that actually know what they are doing?

Tiger community in every area where tigers have been collared lived perfectly well and even thrived. Check Nepal and the Western Ghats for example. Only in Panna, where park rangers tried to destroy the studies of Dr Chundawat, ALL tigers died from poachers, not from the radiocollars.

Photographs are just the tip of the ice, if you want a complete "tiger science", ask to Dr Mel Sunquist, Dr Ullas Karanth, Dr Raghu Chundawat, Dr Adam Barlow, Dr Yhala, and many many others in the Indian subcontinent. Put a radiocollar to a tiger and you will unveil its TRUE secrets.

About the “hacking” situation, sorry to say, but that is only paranoia, again. This has not happened, it is an irrational fear. Besides, in the only attempt (yes, attempt as it was not even successful) to hack the data in Central India, experts said that what the hacker could have found were a lot of non-compressive data that could not be useful for anyone.

Again, the stress is very low and tigers recover very well after they captures, in fact, tigers returned to eat of the baits in the same day. Scientists are right in they work, science is served, again. [img]images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Thankfully not all scientist agree with this, and thats why its highly contested. Also why many are outraged because it was done with out the consesnsus of the science community and done by a select few. 
Sunquist or any other person you named who used radio collars never had access to the camera traps we have today, like its already been proven. There is nothing you get from a Radio collar that can't be obtained by camera traps, nothing. 
Enough camera traps will lead to far more discoveries, like for instance, the universal way of identifying tigers. Hence why almost all scientists and biologists use them and not all use Radio collars. 

Now about the hacking, that is a absolute plausible fear. Since ICloud has just recently been hacked, Target and Home Depot credit card #'s have been hacked, amazon and pay pal as well. Why could people not hack a tracking system if enough money was in it?
You have to weigh pro's and con's and not just blindly look at something so it backs your agenda. 

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Northwest - 10-24-2014

a big male tiger from kaziranga. http://www.quanjing.com/share/ind6456.html
*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 10-25-2014

whoa, That's the late KZT023 of Kohora Range. TFS

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Northwest - 10-27-2014

(10-25-2014, 12:00 AM)'Roflcopters' Wrote: whoa, That's the late KZT023 of Kohora Range. TFS

that's KZT023?   he's huge!! here's probably another picture of him , very big head. http://www.quanjing.com/imginfo/ind6455.html

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 10-27-2014

whoa excellent find, he truly was the biggest male i've seen in photos. TFS and yes i compared his stripes, he is indeed the late KZT023. (also take a look at my signature and the background in it) [img]images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - sanjay - 10-27-2014

Lovely Images, Northwest, I suggest you to update your country information in your profile

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 10-27-2014

Very troubling news from a Incident in Kahna from Satish Thayapurath

"While in Kahna Tiger Reserve a incident has taken place"
"An australian lady whom we had met at Bandhavgargh reported of an incident where in a collared Tiger was flushed out of the grass on to the road by three or four Elephants Patrol, for viewing by some VIP. She reported that the tiger was very agitated and was wondering if this is Tiger conservation or Tiger Exhibition. This happened 19th or 20th Oct. The lady has the incident captured on camera. We must ensure that such incidents do not take place."

Very sad to hear of this, hopefully they are not abusing the collar to track this tiger just to show tourists or Vip a tiger on their tour. Another form of abuse from these collars to add to the many others we are seeing more and more.

Ghanshyam SinghSanctuary Asia  · October 20 near Bharatpur, India ·   
unforgettable movement of T-19 in Ranthambhore

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 10-30-2014

Looks like Saturn was on a steroid cycle for the monsoon period, look at the size of his head, chest girth and overall body. whoa, He sure has gained a lot of weight since his last set of pictures from June / 2014 where he looked malnourished. 

Also, I saw this on the news. just posting a quote from it.

"We also plan to put radio-collar on a tiger from Kolsa range, a male tiger moving around Waghdoh waterhole in Moharli range and one of the sub-adult tigers accompanying Katezari tigress," added Garad. He claimed that the cubs of Katezari tigress are on the verge of separating from their mother. "Collaring one of them will help in monitoring its dispersal moment, killing pattern and demographic structure," he said.

Though there are enough tigers in Kolsa range, they are scarcely seen in the wild. Radio-collaring one of them will help unravel their secretive world, he said.

Garad claimed that they have received five radio collars for the project. Two tigers have been radio-collared while the remaining three collars would be used for two leopards and a tiger.

"We have already placed order for more collars. Our aim is to radio-collar five tigers and five leopards by March next year," he said.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 10-31-2014

Bummer about these collars, after reading the incident about the VIP tourists driving out the collared tiger, now I am starting to think they are collaring these tigers to guarantee tourists a tiger sighting.
This sentence alone makes me think its probably true
"Though there are enough tigers in Kolsa range, they are scarcely seen in the wild. Radio-collaring one of them will help unravel their secretive world, he said."

Glad to see saturn putting mass back on, What a beautiful tiger he is.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - GuateGojira - 10-31-2014

If your assumption is correct, this will be a good example of a bad use for a scientific technique. The radiocollaring of tigers most be used to monitor tigers for scientific purposes, NOT to locate them for tourists.

In past cases, I still remember a few radiocollared tigers in Ranthambore that were captured only to put them the collar and nothing more. There were not measured, not weighed, and the worst of all, they were not monitored for scientific purposes, but only to locate them for tourists. [img]images/smilies/angry.gif[/img]

These are the cases that transform "good methods" into "bad practices".

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Apollo - 11-01-2014

Tigress from Tadoba

Subadult male

Corbett tigress 

Maya tigress

T39 tigress