WildFact
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India (/topic-b2-and-other-great-tiger-pics-from-india)

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 10-21-2014

Viraj KadbeSanctuary Asia Follow · October 17 ·   
As new season begins , GABBAR says HELLO to his fans !!!!!!!!!
He is growing bigger and bigger , FABULOUS ......
oct 2014 —
*This image is copyright of its original author
feeling nostalgic with Vedang Kadbe at Tadoba - Andhari Tiger Reserve.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Apollo - 10-21-2014

Latest pic of Gabbar with radiocollar

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - GuateGojira - 10-21-2014

(10-21-2014, 03:44 PM)'Apollo' Wrote: Latest pic of Gabbar with radiocollar

Excellent picture, perfect for comparisons, side to side.

Do you have this same picture, but much larger (higher resolution)?

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 10-21-2014

I'm obviously not a fan of collaring but hopefully the weight of Gabbar will be released.
They have collared some big fellows between Ranth, kahna, Tadoba etc, they should release these sizes if they are going to take them.
That collar looks a little tight on him as well, he's been putting on quite a bit of mass, should'nt they leave him some room to breath and grow?

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - tigerluver - 10-22-2014

Interesting to see on the famous males getting tagged. Does anyone know the authority overlooking his collaring? Maybe I could contact them about any measurements.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 10-22-2014

(10-22-2014, 12:32 AM)'tigerluver' Wrote: Interesting to see on the famous males getting tagged. Does anyone know the authority overlooking his collaring? Maybe I could contact them about any measurements.

You could try
https://www.facebook.com/www.tigertrails.in?fref=ts

or

https://www.facebook.com/groups/212768752231978/

Looks like you could askAtul Dhamankar

Maybe, I'd be very interested. I know that the Forrest Dep't doesn't give out that info at Ranth for some reason.

Here is the article on his collaring
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/environment/flora-fauna/After-Jamni-tigress-male-Gabbar-radio-collared-in-Tadoba/articleshow/44881905.cmsNagpur: Two days after scientists from the Wildlife Institute of India (WII), Dehradun, radio-collared a tigress at Jamni in Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve (TATR) at Chandrapur on Saturday, a male tiger 'Gabbar' was also tagged with a radio-collar on Sunday.

On Friday, WII experts Dr Parag Nigam and Dr Bilal Habib had tranquillized the Jamni tigress to fit a radio-collar. Similar operation was carried out on Sunday for a male tiger in the presence of TATR field director and chief conservator of forests (CCF) GP Garad and other park officials.

This is the first experiment in the state to study tigers by placing satellite radio collars. Earlier, in November 2012, a tigress named Kala from Tass forest in Bhiwapur was radio-collared after rescue and released in the wild. "However, for study purpose, collaring tigers in Tadoba is being done for the first time," said VK Sinha, APCCF for ecotourism & wildlife administration.

"The WII scientists are monitoring the signals. Both the carnivores have recovered well and are behaving normally. The collars are satellite based and will give signals about their behaviour and movement," said Garad.

The radio collaring of tigers is part of a research titled 'Long-term monitoring of tigers, co-predators and prey species in TATR and adjoining landscapes'. Maharashtra government had last year cleared the Rs1.64 crore project to be implemented by WII on 70:30 cost-sharing basis between state government and National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA), a statutory body under the ministry of environment, forest and climate change.

"The project is aimed at studying population density apart from abundance and demographic structure of tigers. The study is being conducted in two phases and also includes capacity building of local staff for managing man-animal conflict," Sinha said.

TATR landscape is one of the most important landscapes in Central India and is crucial for long-term conservation of tigers in the region. The area has witnessed highest number of conflict cases in the recent past. The study would investigate dynamics of tigers, co-predators and their prey.

Garad said in all five tigers will be radio-collared. In the second phase, three more tigers will be collared in March-April 2015. After extensive survey and selection of target animals in core area of the reserve during last few days, the exercise was held in the morning hours.

Pench firing accused caught

Pench tiger reserve forest officials on Sunday arrested main accused Anantrao Kumre, who had shot at STPF guard Satish Shendre on October 13 while he was a patrolling duty. On Saturday, the officials had arrested Anantrao's son Rajkumar from his house at Amdi in adjoining West Pench on MP border. The officials have seized monitor lizard skin from the main accused. On Saturday, they had seized eight trophies, pangolin scales, and an old skin of chinkara.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Apollo - 10-22-2014

(10-21-2014, 08:46 PM)'GuateGojira' Wrote:
(10-21-2014, 03:44 PM)'Apollo' Wrote: Latest pic of Gabbar with radiocollar

Excellent picture, perfect for comparisons, side to side.

Do you have this same picture, but much larger (higher resolution)?

Sorry Guate I dont have a higher resolution pic.

Gabbar aka Leopard face

Maya tigress from Tadoba

Male tiger Corbett

Another male tiger from Birjani, Corbett

Male tiger from Kabini

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Apollo - 10-22-2014

Gabbar

T39 from Ranthambore

Maya from Tadoba

Nightmare of Bamera.....Banbei Male
Banbei Male ...scar on hist left ear and right cheek making his appearance more impressive.

T24 from Ranthambore

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 10-22-2014

Whoa, Gabbar looks enormous after the monsoon and the Kabini male posted above is the notorious Tiger Tank Male, he's far larger than Backwaters male in size. Thanks for the awesome pictures guys. I'll post some of my collection when i get some free time on my hand, until then see you all later. [img]images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 10-22-2014

(10-22-2014, 12:32 AM)'tigerluver' Wrote: Interesting to see on the famous males getting tagged. Does anyone know the authority overlooking his collaring? Maybe I could contact them about any measurements.

https://www.facebook.com/bilalhabib1?fref=ts

Dr.Bilal Habib, one of the scientist involved in the radio-collaring process.

Pckts or someone, shoot him a message and see if we get any word on Gabbar's weight. 

(10-22-2014, 05:20 PM)'Roflcopters' Wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/bilalhabib1?fref=ts

Dr.Bilal Habib, one of the scientist involved in the radio-collaring process.

Pckts or someone, shoot him a message and see if we get any word on Gabbar's weight. 

Message sent, Ill let you know if I hear anything back

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - GuateGojira - 10-23-2014

I told you, radiocollaring tigers is the best form to understand the tiger in they ecological and biological form. [img]images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

I hope that, with time, more tigers will be studied in this way, also in more regions. I just can imagine how much data will be arise from those future studies. We will be able to compare, reliably, the behavior of these tigers with those of Nepal and the Western Ghats. [img]images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Let's hope that the government of Bhutan would allow radiocollar some tigers in they area.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 10-23-2014

Huge Young male of Teliya Lake makes a grand appearance on the road (Mating with Wagdoh's daughter - Sonam at the moment) 

Head on, what a nasty looking male. doesn't he kind of resemble Pasha (Bufferzone). could possibly be his brother imho.

another shot of him, Wagdoh would have to watch out for this guy if he ever thinks about reclaiming his territory back but i think currently Wagdoh is taking the easy way out by providing protection to his new litter of cubs with Madhuri. If in any case, these two clash. I think It'd be difficult for me to pick between the two. Had it been 2012 or 2013. I'd have easily given it to Wagdoh but he's old now and this new male seems to be reaching his prime. It's still a tough call though, Wagdoh has the size but this male is a young blood and as it's often the case. Young Males terrorize the older males. 

Katezari Male, seems to have healed from his injuries.

Katezari male with his female cub, who says male tigers aren't social 

Huge Kaziranga male with a nasty wound on his head and his left ear seems to be missing, I compared his stripes with KZT085 and his son. neither of them matched so this is likely a different male.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 10-23-2014

(10-23-2014, 09:55 AM)'GuateGojira' Wrote: I told you, radiocollaring tigers is the best form to understand the tiger in they ecological and biological form. [img]images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

I hope that, with time, more tigers will be studied in this way, also in more regions. I just can imagine how much data will be arise from those future studies. We will be able to compare, reliably, the behavior of these tigers with those of Nepal and the Western Ghats. [img]images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Let's hope that the government of Bhutan would allow radio collar some tigers in they area.

Definitely disagree here, they can easily monitor gabbar and many others without the radio collar. As well as a significant outrage in the tiger community. With photographers calling it a dog collar and being outraged they did it. Nothing they can monitor with the collar couldn't be monitored with camera traps. Very easy to monitor a tigers movement with cameras as well as all other tigers in the area, not just 1. They are also starting to ask if the collars aren't going to give away position since its very easy to access computer data and if the right poachers are able to break the firewall like what happens with hackers all over the place, whats going to stop them from using it as a tracking system to hunt the tigers?

Hopefully this ends with Gabbar and no more tigers are subject to the stress of the collar and to the unnecessary dangers it puts them in.