WildFact
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India (/topic-b2-and-other-great-tiger-pics-from-india)

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Rage2277 - 10-11-2023

i guess the pic of baj was posted earlier this year..he looks good there @Ashutosh

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - kingrifter - 10-11-2023

(10-10-2023, 08:44 PM)Rage2277 Wrote: good stuff @kingrifter  weren't those kids born in 2021? and seen a recent pic of bajrang he was looking pretty drained..some interesting events playing out here..mamu one the last of the older rulers still has some fight left he's had some clashes with his son jhamole who likely pushed him out for the moment..it almost feels like there's too many males in bandhavgargh right now, alot of youngsters just lingering around or trying to establish.

Raa cubs were 2021 I think. I'm not sure if Dhamokhar cubs were 2020 or 2021.

And that's interesting about Jamhol and Mahaman. Wasn't there another male Black Tail/New Jobhi that Mahaman was fighting with last year? Wonder what happened to him. And do you have any news about Chota Bheem?

I have also seen pictures where Bajrang looks tired from this season but this picture obviously tells a different story.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Ngonya - 10-11-2023

(10-10-2023, 03:30 AM)kingrifter Wrote: @Ngonya 

While you wait for a response, here are some pictures of B3 "Barra Larka" again from Iain Green's Tiger Jungle. That book likely contains some pictures of B1 "Raj" too but as a subadult (the individual pictures are not labeled). Green specifically mentions that B1 and his mate, Kokila,  were very difficult to photograph because their territories extended from Raj Behra (which is in the tourism zone) into Kulwah which is outside of Tala and the tourism zone. B1 disappeared 2002 and was likely poached.

*This image is copyright of its original author

appreciate your response, he was a pretty impressive tiger.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 10-11-2023

here’s B1 from the famous documentary on Bandhavgarh tigers

there’s a lot more pictures of B1 on Alamy but there’s a fee to purchase them, if you’re interested in purchasing them. you can see the pictures without the water mark.

B1 appears in this clip (5:28 - 5:50) this was a legendary documentary that most of us have seen in the past, if you haven’t seen it yet. i’d highly recommend it. Also, out of all the B brothers. B2 was the only survivor. both B1 & B3 were poached as mentioned by others. 

@kingrifter 

it’s insane how much D1 has grown in just a year span, 
he could prove to be a much bigger problem than previously anticipated. Bajrang also seems to be going strong & Chota Bheem seems to be missing from action. hopefully he’s alright, Maya of Tadoba is also missing. (possibility that she doesn’t want to introduce the new cubs to the public yet, still worrying that she is nowhere to be found). 

D1

Kanha is also set to open on the 15th of this month, very curious to see what happened inside Mukki during monsoon. i’m betting on T46/Bhaisanghat to be the most dominant tiger of the area as he has cubs with pretty much all the females in Mukki with the exception of DJ female.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Rage2277 - 10-11-2023

(10-11-2023, 02:14 AM)kingrifter Wrote:
(10-10-2023, 08:44 PM)Rage2277 Wrote: good stuff @kingrifter  weren't those kids born in 2021? and seen a recent pic of bajrang he was looking pretty drained..some interesting events playing out here..mamu one the last of the older rulers still has some fight left he's had some clashes with his son jhamole who likely pushed him out for the moment..it almost feels like there's too many males in bandhavgargh right now, alot of youngsters just lingering around or trying to establish.

Raa cubs were 2021 I think. I'm not sure if Dhamokhar cubs were 2020 or 2021.

And that's interesting about Jamhol and Mahaman. Wasn't there another male Black Tail/New Jobhi that Mahaman was fighting with last year? Wonder what happened to him. And do you have any news about Chota Bheem?

I have also seen pictures where Bajrang looks tired from this season but this picture obviously tells a different story.

the new male black tail this guy i didnt know he fought with mamu haven't heard anything on him this year and no news on chota bheem yet

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - kingrifter - 10-12-2023

(10-11-2023, 04:28 AM)Roflcopters Wrote: @kingrifter 

it’s insane how much D1 has grown in just a year span, 
he could prove to be a much bigger problem than previously anticipated. Bajrang also seems to be going strong & Chota Bheem seems to be missing from action. hopefully he’s alright, Maya of Tadoba is also missing. (possibility that she doesn’t want to introduce the new cubs to the public yet, still worrying that she is nowhere to be found). 

Agreed. He fought Chota Bheem to a stalemate just a few months ago and I believe he injured him. I'm partial to D1, he is a very handsome tiger. I also saw him as a cub in Sukhi Patiya talav in what was probably my best sighting ever. It was him with Dotty and his sibligs playing when Mahaman, who we had spent time with earlier that afternoon, showed up. The cubs were being very boisterous with Dotty, but became extremely submissive the moment Mahaman appeared. It was very like the sighting described below, though I'm not sure that the cub is D1 (could be D2 or D3).

Quote:" like Father, like Son "

Tiger King Mahaman Male and his son walking at the sukhi Patiha lake. The whole family was enjoying at the lake. Suddenly from the other corner emerged the father in to the lake. All the three cubs scurried out of the lake and took refuge in mothers lap. Slowly one by one all the cubs ventured near their father but did not dare to do mischievous acts they were doing with mother.
This one was very bold. Look at this face. As if he was asking " do I look like you, father."
All in all very good sightings for many hours.

Anyway, Jamhol seen in Tala again and also very nice to see a tigress in Shesh Shaiya. I thought they'd closed that down to tourists. If Jamhol has indeed pushed out Mahaman, it is interesting he is coming to Tala regularly. I don't think Mahaman ever came this way. But Mahaman was also content with sticking to his territory in Magdhi, unlike the Bheems and Bajrangs.

At Tadoba, the search for Maya is going into overdrive. They've installed camera traps all over her territory. But it seems as if some of the other females like Bijli and Roma are coming there, so I wonder if she's still around with cubs. A 13 year old tiger dominating such prime territory is quite unheard of. People are making a big fuss. I feel for the forest department.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 10-12-2023

new male of Kishanpur that was seen earlier in the year.

Gulrahi male of Kishanpur

L mark male, the living legend of present day Pench MP.

Sambhaji, son of Handsome male from Pench MP. 

4 mark male of Teliya buffer, Pench MP.

Raja/T53 from Pench, MH - ruling the biggest territory covering parts of Sillari and Khursapar.

Ravan of Satpura

R2 of Satpura 

Pujari of Bandhavgarh, took me about an hour to find him as the camera trap picture angles are super off. 

Bajrang of Bandhavgarh

Chota Bheem of Bandhavgarh

Mahaman the living legend of Bandhavgarh.

DB3 male of Kanha

Bhoindabra male of Kanha

Raja/T53 of Pench, MH - Sillari - Oct/2023

recent video of Raja 

King Mowgli from Tadoba. Oct/2023

CM - undisputed king of Tadoba buffers. Oct/2023

male tiger from Pilibhit, I haven't checked the stripes but i suspect this is the famous Varahi male. pic from early 2023

some more pictures of the Khatta Corridor male, also known as Katerniaghat 33.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 10-12-2023

Quote:At Tadoba, the search for Maya is going into overdrive. They've installed camera traps all over her territory. But it seems as if some of the other females like Bijli and Roma are coming there, so I wonder if she's still around with cubs. A 13 year old tiger dominating such prime territory is quite unheard of. People are making a big fuss. I feel for the forest department.

Maya has been ruling her territory for 11 years, basically since her mother Leela passed away as a result of a snake bite. Maya took over as a 2.5 year old and ruled 2012-2023. pretty much outlasted every male & female that ever touched foot inside core areas of Tadoba. Also, It totally wouldn't be out of character for her to finally move on as she is no longer a prime female so there's that.

I feel bad for the Tadoba FD too, they can only do so much at this point & if Maya really did move on then people would have to just accept it. hopefully we can track her through camera traps. 

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - BA0701 - 10-13-2023

(10-12-2023, 10:25 PM)Roflcopters Wrote:
Quote:At Tadoba, the search for Maya is going into overdrive. They've installed camera traps all over her territory. But it seems as if some of the other females like Bijli and Roma are coming there, so I wonder if she's still around with cubs. A 13 year old tiger dominating such prime territory is quite unheard of. People are making a big fuss. I feel for the forest department.

Maya has been ruling her territory for 11 years, basically since her mother Leela passed away as a result of a snake bite. Maya took over as a 2.5 year old and ruled 2012-2023. pretty much outlasted every male & female that ever touched foot inside core areas of Tadoba. Also, It totally wouldn't be out of character for her to finally move on as she is no longer a prime female so there's that.

I feel bad for the Tadoba FD too, they can only do so much at this point & if Maya really did move on then people would have to just accept it. hopefully we can track her through camera traps. 

While not receiving frequent updates on Maya is upsetting to the countless who follow her so closely, I do believe that Tadoba FD should be commended for their efforts. To get to a point of "huge tiger density", for a species that has historically been at such dangerously low numbers, is tremendously positive news. To get to that point is no easy task by any stretch, and it sounds as though their efforts are truly beginning to bear fruit. Is the general consensus that she has simply moved on to another area? Hopefully other preservation programs can take a lot from what Tadoba FD has done, and their recovery levels can be just as successful.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Rage2277 - 10-13-2023

i saw db4 and db1 aswell in the kanha camtraps the siblings pics are close to each other not sure if that was intentional..db2 and db3 have another brother and a sister  @Roflcopters

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Ashutosh - 10-13-2023

@Rage2277 @kingrifter @Roflcopters, Putting all the doubts to rest, Chota Bheem is back in Khitauli. Tara and her cubs were seen in Khitauli only:

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 10-13-2023

Quote:Is the general consensus that she has simply moved on to another area? Hopefully other preservation programs can take a lot from what Tadoba FD has done, and their recovery levels can be just as successful.

It's just a certain group of people that are finding it odd that she's no longer sighted, surely it's something to worry about since most of us have followed Maya for the last 10 years. however given her age. she most likely has moved on for good. FD did their due diligence with the camera traps. if she is not found, there's a high chance that she has gone towards the outskirts and tracking her there would be next to impossible as Tadoba is connected to a lot of different forest patches. as sad as this may sound. it's just the rule of jungle in play.

@Rage2277 

honestly, I didn't try looking for the rest of the DB family. i tried finding Umarpani and could not find him. 

@Ashutosh 

great to hear, Chota Bheem never disappoints. 

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Rage2277 - 10-14-2023

jhamol in magdhi this week this is the area he killed that domestic cattle a while back @kingrifter

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Rage2277 - 10-14-2023

@BA0701 can't upload youtube shorts vids they post like this 

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - BA0701 - 10-14-2023

(10-14-2023, 10:26 PM)Rage2277 Wrote: @BA0701 can't upload youtube shorts vids they post like this 

Yeah, my friend, it has something to do with Youtube, when I share "Shorts" videos I simply share the link and explain that they are shorts. Hope this helps!