WildFact
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India (/topic-b2-and-other-great-tiger-pics-from-india)

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 10-13-2018

@Rage2277 

I believe it’s the same male that was shot in the face from Agoratoli range, this huge male had a very fresh injury at that time. surprisingly he survived these wounds and was sighted in 2015. 

*This image is copyright of its original author

credits to Pralay Lahiry, full story.

The Braveheart from Kaziranga 

When first spotted in Kaziranga late one evening in January 2014, he was seen crossing into a river island on the Brahmaputra. He was limping badly and carried what looked like a severe gunshot wound on his forehead. It did not seem likely that he would survive and since he was never spotted for the next twelve months he was thought to be dead.

However, in January 2015 when returning from safari there was an alarm call from a monkey. A few seconds later there he was, standing in all his glory looking at me intently. As the minutes ticked by, he sat down on his haunches and when he felt that I was not a threat, he decided to cross the path and disappear. During that time I managed to observe and photograph him and he was the same tiger with the hole still visible, right eye damaged and his right ear missing. If ever I saw a fighter, it was him.

The story of a fighter and a survivor

When first spotted around Jan 2014, I thought this male was doomed for sure... his right ear was missing, right eye was closed and the hole on his forehead could accommodate a ping pong ball. At first I thought it ws caused by a wild buff but closer scrutiny made it look suspiciously like a bullet hole. He limped across a sand bank across the Brahmaputra.... not to be seen again. In January 2015 he sat by the forest path in the fast fading light.... looking at me for about 4/5 minutes before crossing over for a drink. He is a fighter..... probably one of the noblest fighters on this planet. May the one eared braveheart's roar reverberate across the glens and forest paths till he dies a natural death. I am sure his spirit will never die as long as this fabulous land is allowed to exist by us... humans.

the big guy from Nagarhole, credits to Harsha Narasimhamurthy. Oct/2018

T86 aka Chirico with Arrowhead, credits to Hemant Vashista. May/2017

Tarachand in the front and Chota Matka in the back, now almost fully grown and teamed up against any possible threat. let’s hope these boys survive the competition and return some day to rule the core. it won’t be long before Matkasur starts pushing them out. 

Tarachand

both the brothers

Tarachand

Credits to Sheetal Sahare, Oct/2018.

Tiger cub from Melghat

Mother and one of the cub

credits to Satish Deshmukh, Oct/2018.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 10-16-2018

Sarosh Lodhi
The Sniffing Tiger 

Kanha - 2018 Canon gears

Mohammed Junaid
" Bajrang "
Dominant Male from Moharli tadoba 
1st Oct 2018 
Bapu Tadoba
 — at Tadoba National Park.

Sandesh Guru
Bold move!

Maya on the track with her cubs
Tadoba

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 10-24-2018

The Old Man

Sheetal Sahare

Ram Kumar Yadav Kanha‎ 
The Legend of Kanha

Big Boss Munna Bhai...@kanha national park

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 10-26-2018

Vicky Patel
"Why You Are Here"

Chota Munna

Kanha National Park
October 2018

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 10-29-2018

Bhagoda fighting with an unidentified male, Bhagoda is the male facing forward. Oct/2018. credits to Nand Kishore Rajput.

Matkasur and Maya’s female cub on the left and male cub on the right. Oct/2018. credits to Yash Agrawal.

T42 aka Fateh at Zone 10. Oct/2018. credits to Raghbir Singh.

the mighty Matkasur male. Oct/2018. credits to Narendra Sharma.

Matkasur and Maya’s male cub with his own kill, Maya is a phenomenal hunter and her teaching skills are paying off. Oct/2018. Credits to Nilesh Patel.

Sita and Gita, the two sisters from Tipeshwar. Oct/2018. credits to Vemparala Venkata
Subrahmanyam.

Sangam male head on. Oct/2018. credits to Ramkumar Yadav.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Rage2277 - 10-29-2018

photo by Monu Dubey Penchpic of the male who fought with bhagoda @Pckts

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 10-30-2018

what a powerful young male, Bhagoda is even bigger than him. Tarzan is probably bigger than both and perhaps the biggest known male from Central india’s tourism zone. @Rage2277 @Pckts @parvez what are your top 5 big males of 2018?

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Rage2277 - 10-30-2018

they're all badass to me i hate choosing..but guess i'll go with pannalal,mamu,aurangzeb,uma,bajrang from tadoba @Roflcopters

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 10-30-2018

(10-30-2018, 03:25 AM)Roflcopters Wrote: what a powerful young male, Bhagoda is even bigger than him. Tarzan is probably bigger than both and perhaps the biggest known male from Central india’s tourism zone. @Rage2277 @Pckts @parvez what are your top 5 big males of 2018?

I don't think I have any major changes from last season just yet but Bhagoda male does have a large muzzle and full body, he certainly looks like a big fella and said to be larger than Ryakassa. 

Here's my top 5 strictly from C. India, I have little doubt that some of those big fellas from Terai are larger than these males I'm going to name

No Particular Order
1.Umarpani
2.Tarzan
3.Bheem
4.Pannalal 
5.CM (He's the new entry but after seeing him this season, he looks large)

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - parvez - 10-30-2018

(10-30-2018, 03:25 AM)Roflcopters Wrote: what a powerful young male, Bhagoda is even bigger than him. Tarzan is probably bigger than both and perhaps the biggest known male from Central india’s tourism zone. @Rage2277 @Pckts @parvez what are your top 5 big males of 2018?

I have not concentrated into the top5 tigers from central India and mainly i have not followed this thread as much. But my top 5 tigers from other regions are gbm9, gbm10, gbm13, gbm16 and the most important favourite of 2018 for me is mukhtar. I am truly astonished at his size and magnificence. The first time i saw him I thought or meditated about him the entire day. Simply marvellous.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 10-31-2018

Thanks everyone for the input! It’s always good to see what others think. I haven’t had the chance to do my list. maybe i’ll do it later tonight.

@Rage2277 

V7
Kankajhari
Matkasur
Bajrang
Kuhani sub adult male 
Sharmili sub adult male (Sharmili of Kolara buffer, kankajhari’s mate)
Shivanjari sub adult male #1

Kolara buffer is the new hot spot for Tadoba tigers. hope none of Kankajhari’s sub adult cubs get caught up in the mess.

Tfs!

@parvez 

Shed some light on gbm9,10,13 and 16.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Rage2277 - 10-31-2018

Safariwale Fight is ONN
One male chasing another male.
Tadoba     subadult sons of shivaji's daughters looks like (kolara female) sharmili's boy chasing kuhani's (shivanzari female)boy his cousin

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 10-31-2018

the big male cub in the front is Ambeutra/Dewada male and Kuhani’s son, the male in the back is Kankajhari male and Sharmili’s son. both are grandsons of Katezari male and Shivaji. how time flies!

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Rage2277 - 10-31-2018

kankajhari's brat might be in for a good smacking..kuhani's brat looks a bit bigger than him and i think little older too

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 11-02-2018

ok so after giving it a thought, I came to a final conclusion and i believe this is my top 5 in order. (Central India only)

1) Tarzan of Pench, MP. unlike any male i have seen from Central India. he seems to be the biggest.

this video i think settles it for me.

2) Mukhtar/Umarpani: Mukhtar is probably the biggest male from the MH side of Pench, again this is entirely based on the information available to us. there could be bigger tigers outside of the tourism zone areas that we don’t have a clue about but for now. he earns this spot. I also put Umarpani here because i can’t seem to determine who’s larger structure wise, they are both robust and both stand out from the rest of the local males. Kanha has a rather interesting line up, however i now firmly believe that Umarpani is probably the most seasoned male in Kanha. he’s massive all year long. 

Mukhtar

Umarpani 

3) Umarpani/Mukhtar: 

4) Pannalal of Bandhavgarh, MP. 

he’s a male tiger with infinite potential, if he keeps on getting bigger every season. he’ll probably move up this list and I will see him in the same league as both Umarpani and Mukhtar. he has a huge bulky body, he’s long and solid muscle. however i feel that he’s just a bit smaller than Umarpani and Mukhtar. he sits here for now.

Pannalal 

5) Karai Ghati of Kanha, MP.  

the only male tiger in the top 5 not in his prime, he’s a large male from Kanha. an oldschool veteran. his overall structure reminds me of Wagdoh male. I think in his prime, he would probably belong in the top 3. 

Karai Ghati

I have no doubt, all the males in top 5 are comparable. however as far as ranking is concerned, those are my top 5 in order.