WildFact
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India (/topic-b2-and-other-great-tiger-pics-from-india)

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Rage2277 - 05-25-2018

(05-24-2018, 09:49 PM)Pckts Wrote: Krishna Kumar Tekam
THE NEW RISING MALE OF KANHA TIGER RESERVE M.P . KTR T M1 

*This image is copyright of its original author

red eye's boy though he looks a bit like his grandpaps nakkata via his mothers side.. he's going be a problem for the big bosses soon

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 05-25-2018

(05-25-2018, 02:15 PM)Rage2277 Wrote:

red eye's boy though he looks a bit like his grandpaps nakkata via his mothers side.. he's going be a problem for the big bosses soon
He and his siblings are said to be Maheveer and Umarpanis litter apparently.
You can see them and their lineage explanation in the videos of tigers thread.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Rage2277 - 05-26-2018

(05-25-2018, 06:57 PM)Pckts Wrote:

na..i'm certain this guy is one of mundidadar and red eye's boys they're all assigned the tags m1 m2 m3 and m4

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Wolverine - 05-26-2018

@Pantherinae , you are not Swedish, but Norway and Sweden are very close and similar countries, do you know where could be seen or find documentary serial "The world of the Jungle book" of the famous Swedish naturalist Jan Linblad.
https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Lindblad

That documentary was shot in the 80's in India and Sri Lanka, real masterpiece - describes tigers, lions and rhinos in 7-8 different serials, my favorite film when I was teenager. It was very famous in some European countries, but I cant find it nowhere. Maybe you can give some link to Swedish or Norwegian website where the film could be seen?

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 05-28-2018

the massive Gulrighat male of Dudhwa. April/2018

Gulrighat male. Feb/2018

The myth, the legend. one of the most electrifying tiger personality from Central India, the one and only Bajrang. from dewada buffer to Kolara Buffer, Teliya all directions, Moharli and all the surrounding areas. Bajrang has one of the biggest territory and currently has cubs with Lara, Sonam, Devdoh and Devdoh’s first litter daughter. last 4 years, he has sired 20 cubs altogether, at this rate. he might even rival the number of cubs Wagdoh produced in his era. April/2018

Bajrang - April/2018

Bajrang on the move. May/2018

Male tiger crossing the road, Northern India. earlier this year.

T9/Son of Gangaram that travelled 140km from Tadoba, Kolsa to reach New Nagzira and now rules the biggest known territory in the park. May/2018

T9 again 

T9

The biggest male of Ranthambore, Fateh aka T42 from earlier this year.

Fateh. March/2018

Fateh

April/2018

The mighty Matkasur male in his prime, one of the finest male to ever walk the Tadoba lake area. well known for pushing out all his rivals out of the area. Namdev, Katezari, Gabbar, Narasimha and Bobdya/Old Navegon male. with some of the biggest territory and many females, he’s easily one of the most dominant male from Tadoba. May/2018

The king Of Bhadra, Western Ghats. earlier this year.

Aurangzeb aka T57, male tiger from Ranthambore with the biggest territory and my favorite male besides Fateh and T58. Feb/2018

My Boy Kankajhari male of Kolara buffer. Jan/2018

looks like the injuries were minor and he seems to be doing just fine, no limp and no other wounds. the king of Kolara buffer. May/26/2018.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 05-28-2018

I haven’t had time to do this in a while and here goes, my favorite tigers as of 2018. 

Jaichand (Umred)
Matkasur (Tadoba)
Chota Munna (Kanha)
Khursapar (Pench, MH)
Bamera Jr (Bandhavgarh)
Basavannakatte (Bandipur)
CT (Pench, MH)
Gulrighat (Dudhwa)
Pannalal (Bandhavgarh)
Kankajhari (Tadoba)
P112 (Panna)
Aurangzeb T57 (Ranthambore)
Fateh T42 (Ranthambore)
KZT085 (Kaziranga)
Ganga (Corbett)
Bajrang (Tadoba)
Khali (Tadoba)
Mukhtar (Pench, MH)
Umarpani (Kanha)
St6 (Sariska)
T9 (New Nagzira)
Salman (Dudhwa)
Kali (Tadoba)
Bheem (Bandhavgarh)
Mahaman (Bandhavgarh)
T91 mirza (Ranthambore)
Raiyakassa (Pench, MP)
Rhino killer (Dudhwa)
Ravaan (Satpura)
new dominant male of Satpura
Star male (Tipeshwar)
Nantu (Sunderbans)
Chorbahuli (Pench, MH)
Big tail (Chitwan)
Bhagoda (Pench, MP)
M1 (Kanha)
Karai ghati (Kanha)
Narasimha (Tadoba)
Charger (Dudhwa)
Tarzan (Pench, MP)

@Pckts @Rage2277 @parvez @Rishi @Apollo @Tshokwane

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 05-29-2018

(05-26-2018, 06:54 AM)Rage2277 Wrote:

na..i'm certain this guy is one of mundidadar and red eye's boys they're all assigned the tags m1 m2 m3 and m4

Maybe I'm confused
 here's a mention on him and his siblings being from the Maheveer litter

Ricky Patel
LANGDA SUB ADULT MALE CUB OF MAHAVEER FEMALE

relaxing... yawning...
closing his eyes comfortably...
in an idle..lazy noon...
in KANHA...

M1

From Sharad Vats
"There is a reason why Tigers of Kanha are the biggest in size. The two Tigers in the video here are just about 22 months, and look at the size.   These are cubs of Mahaveer female in Mukki zone. Have broken away from the mother, usually roam alone, but once in a while seen together. Their father is Umarpani male another massive Tiger currently a dominant male in Mukki. While some believe that Kingfisher is their father. It must be noted that Kingfisher died in a territorial death, and most likely the culprit was Umarpani male. It is also noticed later on few occasions that Umarpani male spent time with these cubs in the monsoon of 2017, and even later in the year. Such cubs augur well for Kanha, and in particular Mukki.  The head size is simply monstrous of these cubs in particular MV 2, but in today's sighting some people felt that MV 1, looked bigger. What was really very interesting was that their two sisters were also seen in the same safari a little distance away. Video taken by Sanjay Thakre."

But maybe MV1 and MV2 are of the Umarpani Lineage because Sharad mentions they have 2 sisters but M1, M2, M3, M4 are all males correct?

Here's M3
Dipak Wagh
Good morning 

Newly sighted M3 Tiger 

kanha tiger Reserve
Jan || 2k18

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Rage2277 - 05-30-2018

(05-29-2018, 10:26 PM)Pckts Wrote:
(05-26-2018, 06:54 AM)Rage2277 Wrote:

Maybe I'm confused
 here's a mention on him and his siblings being from the Maheveer litter

Ricky Patel
LANGDA SUB ADULT MALE CUB OF MAHAVEER FEMALE

relaxing... yawning...
closing his eyes comfortably...
in an idle..lazy noon...
in KANHA...

M1

From Sharad Vats
"There is a reason why Tigers of Kanha are the biggest in size. The two Tigers in the video here are just about 22 months, and look at the size.   These are cubs of Mahaveer female in Mukki zone. Have broken away from the mother, usually roam alone, but once in a while seen together. Their father is Umarpani male another massive Tiger currently a dominant male in Mukki. While some believe that Kingfisher is their father. It must be noted that Kingfisher died in a territorial death, and most likely the culprit was Umarpani male. It is also noticed later on few occasions that Umarpani male spent time with these cubs in the monsoon of 2017, and even later in the year. Such cubs augur well for Kanha, and in particular Mukki.  The head size is simply monstrous of these cubs in particular MV 2, but in today's sighting some people felt that MV 1, looked bigger. What was really very interesting was that their two sisters were also seen in the same safari a little distance away. Video taken by Sanjay Thakre."

But maybe MV1 and MV2 are of the Umarpani Lineage because Sharad mentions they have 2 sisters but M1, M2, M3, M4 are all males correct?

Here's M3
Dipak Wagh
Good morning 

Newly sighted M3 Tiger 

kanha tiger Reserve
Jan || 2k18

yup..m1/m2/m3/m4 all males the young male in the vid is indeed uma and mahaveers son but the young male in the pic you posted is def mundidadar and red eye's son and his bro m3 in the last pic

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 05-30-2018

Gopinath Kollur
Huge Male -- M U N N A
May. 2016

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 05-31-2018

Sharad Vats has been claiming that without proof for a long time now, it’s almost misleading. 22 month old cubs from any other region can get to that size. if not larger in Corbett and countless other places all over India. Kanha has big tigers but they are far from the “biggest”. I doubt they are even the biggest group in Central india. there is absolutely 0 evidence to any of these claims. has Sharad Vats ever seen tigers being weighed or has he even seen resident males from the North? here is something that i thought caught my eye, a post by a well known Tiger expert, Wasif Jamshed of WII.

Original picture of this large male next to the 160kg tigress

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 05-31-2018

@Roflcopters
Hmm Wasif told me not to post that pic, he doesn't want poachers finding out he said.

he also told me she was "180kg tigress and the male was over 360kg"
Wasif Wrote:
"Butvplz don't share i dont my tat tier to be poached i need his jeans
Thats may male infront of six years old age tigress almost 180 kgs nownyou can think of his size"

In regards to Sharad, he's obviously a bit of a fanatic when it comes to Kanha, he works there so it makes sense. But I would definitely wager that Kanha has some of the largest Tigers in C. India, it only makes sense.
Higher elevation, cooler, more prey species, one of the largest parks in C. India and very well protected.
I can't speak for N. India, I believe the Tigers in some parks would be larger but I can speak for the parks I've been too and I find it very hard to believe that Pench or Tadoba can compete with Kanha when it comes to maximum Tiger size.

I came across this picture on a public post so im sure it’s not a big deal. also for those of you that aren’t aware. this particular male in the picture is from Dudhwa, the home of the giants. Rhino killer, Salman, Charger (old), Gulrighat and Scar are all from this tiger reserve.

(05-31-2018, 10:25 PM)Roflcopters Wrote: I came across this picture on a public post so im sure it’s not a big deal. also for those of you that aren’t aware. this particular male in the picture is from Dudhwa, the home of the giants. Rhino killer, Salman, Charger (old), Gulrighat and Scar are all from this tiger reserve.

Now I don't know what to make of him because he told me it was from his tiger reserve, from his camera trap.
I don't want to say which one, it's in the Terai landscape though.

He’s the main WII guy from up North, he also is very well respected in the field for the amount of work he has put in, curious to see how these tigers match up to the other side of the Terai or even Assam.

In regards to the Kanha tigers, Central India is widespread. which means alot of tiger reserves. Panna, Bandhavgarh, Tadoba, Pench Mp, Pench, Mh, Melghat, Nagzira, Satpura, Brahmapuri forest division, Umred, Sanjay dubri etc etc. now let’s factor in the busy parks, let’s say Tadoba, Kanha, Pench both sides and Bandhavgarh lead the industry as far as tourism is concerned. we see more tigers from here than any other Parks in Central india. how do you get to a conclusion that Kanha has the biggest tigers in Central India without factoring in the big males/females from Satpura, Sanjay Dubri, Melghat, Pench Mp, Pench MH etc. there are no experts raising the flag about the might of Kanha tigers. It’s mostly just the small group of people from Kanha making these outrageous claims without any significant proof. no historical weights support any of this, absolutely nothing backs this. this needs to be addressed everytime so we get to a bottom of this. I do believe that on average Kanha, Pench Mp, Pench Mh and bandhavgarh tigers are generally bigger on average compared to Tadoba tigers from what i have seen, no bias. Tadoba tigers are my favorite group. however, I don’t know much about 2/4 of Central India landscape to have a very definite opinion. that’s my point. let’s factor in all the tiger reserves in Central india and let’s do a valid comparison of kanha with others from the same region, no prey density data supports this. no measurements, no significant habitat difference and no weights either. surely kanha is one of the top contender, there is no doubt about that but to claim they are the biggest is just fanatical and highly bias.

(05-31-2018, 10:34 PM)Roflcopters Wrote: He’s the main WII guy from up North, he also is very well respected in the field for the amount of work he has put in, curious to see how these tigers match up to the other side of the Terai or even Assam.

Oh ya, I know his resume and have spoken with him quite a bit, there just seems to be a little inconsistency is all. Obviously he has more first hand experience than most and has no reason to lie, he told me that he has multiple tigers over the 350kg mark that he said he's weighed.