WildFact
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India (/topic-b2-and-other-great-tiger-pics-from-india)

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Ngala - 12-18-2017

Photo and information credits: Sanjeev Siva
Brothers in blood.

In Sabi Sands of Kruger National Park, SA, in late 2000s, 6 brothers, a coalition of Lions known as Mapogos have dominated the scape like no other. They have decimated scores of prides, striking fear in hearts and earning a notorious reputation.

But tiger world knows no word like 'coalition'. Territory is earned through conflict on the frontline. Brothers in blood fight till death for territory, dominance and mates.

Till a year ago, the big four ruled Mukki. The beast of Mukki Umarpani systematically wiped two of them - Kingfisher and Bheema. The last one, Link 7 male or Chota Munna has been challenging the much bigger and seasoned prime male, Umarpani.

Towards the end of the previous season, Umarpani and Link 7, both offsprings of the legendary Munna, engaged in a showdown when Umarpani was seen bleeding profusely from below the eye, while Link 7 seemed to have injured his leg and was seen limping.

Allaying all fears, both were seen active a couple of days later.

The season opener presented the younger Link 7 male with a gash near his nasal area and a probable injury to the eye area. This was a result of a standoff with Umarpani male, yet again. 

He was looking frail and weak, but was in a hunting mode, like a ghost in the mist with the rays of the sun streaking the forest floor through the tall Sal trees. He possibly could have snatched a kill of Dhawajhandi female, and so he should nurse himself to health soon.

With Link 7 showing no signs of retreat, and the ultimate warrior Umarpani on prowl, the brothers in blood will try to edge the other out.

Link 7 male aka Chota Munna | Kanha NP.

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 12-18-2017

Chota Munna has come along way, from the time he entered Mukki and now. he has only gained confidence, battle experience and increased in size. a true king of Kanha with one of the most electrifying rival. CM is easily my favorite from Kanha. like father, like son. 

the youngest father in the tiger world, still a sub adult himself and now that the word is out. he's the father of t4 aka rai's 10 month old cubs. which means, he must have defeated the Brahmapuri male and also mated with t4 at a young age of just 2.5 years. in my 10 year campaign, I have never heard of such a thing from anywhere in India. Dec/2017.

Jaichand again, Dec/2017.

Jaichand, Dec/2017.

so it looks like the rumors of Maya having cubs is true, she was sighted recently with her two cubs. fathered by Matkasur male and judging from their size, they are about 3 months old. Dec/2017.

for identification purposes, Chota Matkasur. Dec/2017.

for identification purposes, Tarachand. Dec/2017.

Bajrang the undisputed king of Teliya. Nov/2017.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Rishi - 12-18-2017

Chhota-Munna, pic by Jitender Govindani.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pantherinae - 12-23-2017

(12-18-2017, 09:36 AM)Rishi Wrote: Chhota-Munna, pic by Jitender Govindani.

Wow he looks like a tank with some winter weight! Stunning photo of a stunning tiger!

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 12-28-2017

Jaichand. Dec/2017.

Bajrang, undefeated for almost 4 years now. rules all of Moharli, Moharli buffer, Teliya, khutwanda and goes as far as Kolara buffer. quite shocking that a moharli dominant male would into a territory of two other dominant males without care and now with proof, he spray marks Cn no 244 regularly. Bajrang is a force to be reckoned with. most male tigers from this region in the last few decades didnt accomplish half of what Wagdoh and Bajrang has accomplished. if we do a fair count of Wagdoh's total number of cubs. he sits comfortably at over 30+ cubs with Devdoh female, Madhuri, pasha's sister in Agarzari (pre Khali and Moh days), Aishwarya and Wagdoh female. Bajrang has sired roughly about 18 cubs now with Devdoh female, Wagdoh female, two litters with Sonam and one litter with Lara. Dec/2017

Bajrang

Bajrang

Big male from Manas National Park. March/2017.

tigress from Manas, earlier this year.

Tigress from Chitwan with a kill. October/2017.

Cp female from Dhikala, Corbett. Dec/2017.

Big male of Dhikala, Corbett. Dec/2017.

same guy

Dominant new male of Nagzira, Dec/2017.

hope everyone had a great christmas.

edit: double checked facial markings and figured it was Jaichand.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Tshokwane - 12-29-2017

Credits to Sanjeev Siva‎.

The Winter Soldier.

This is the tiger whose mate has been killed, and whose cubs have been taken away from him, yet he makes every effort to meet the cubs. This is the heart-wrenching story of the winter soldier.

He is infamously known as Bamera's son. Not only did he acquire the genetic traits but also habits; known for feeding off the cattle in the porous core habitat.

He had a mate named Kankati who was supposedly poached during 'off-season', while she was still taking care of her three cubs. The mother was gone long, and the father was doting; hunting for them and caring for them. This is an uncommon but a previously noticed behavior in the tiger world.

Enter Gods by the name humans, and they remove the cubs from the custody of the father, doubting that the cubs might be killed, even without observation and purely based on supposition.

The cubs are put up in an enclosure, fenced on four sides, in the same area where they were born and raised by their parents, emulating a natural environment.

The heart-wrenching part - the father, it is said, visits the cubs regularly and they spend time together at the fence despite what human understanding of these magnificent creatures has always been; ill-considered and injudicious.

He is the winter soldier for he's enduring the hard times, like no other.

Bamera's son aka Mr. X taking a stroll on a winter evening | Bandhavgarh TR.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 12-29-2017

camera trap photo of sub adult cubs from Bijnor, Uttar Pradesh. Dec/2017.

sub adult male from Bijnor, Uttar Pradesh. Dec/2017.

male tiger from Bijnor, Uttar Pradesh. Dec/2017.

I couldnt find the appropriate topic so i figured i would post it here, this is a very rare photo of a tigress with cubs from East Thailand. tigers from this area are critically endangered. March/2017.

camera trap photo of a male tiger from Chikkamagluru, Karnataka.

A camera trap set up by the forest department has captured the image of a tiger that was reportedly visiting the villages around Uduse of Mudigere in Chikkamagaluru district. People around Uduse, Hotikere and Heggaravalli have been living in fear and are scared to visit coffee plantations after the movement of the tiger was reported.

DFO Chandranna said, “Generally, when it gets cold, the tigers are in the habit of leaving their territory. The image of the tiger has been captured based on the camera trap and it is seems be a male tiger. The villagers need not fear. Forest officials are patrolling the area. Attempts are being made to track the movement of the tiger. It may take another 15 days for it to go back to its territory. The picture has been sent to the experts to ascertain the age. People have been advised to be on alert and intimate the department if any movement is noticed. A team is keeping a close watch,” he said. Dec/6/2017.

the new king of Pench, Sillari.Dec/2017.

Star male from Tipeshwar, Dec/2017.

Matkasur male with his son Tarachand. Dec/2017.

Jaichand. earlier this year.

tiger cubs from Panna stealing a leopard's kill. Dec/2017.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 12-31-2017

Jaichand, Dec/2017.

pugmarks of a large male from Manas, earlier this year.

daughter of Shivanzari female and Ambeutra male/dewada male that travelled 100km from Kolsa to reach Pauni, Umred Karhandla. she's still a sub adult. fingers crossed, hope she survives the competition and settles down. Dec/2017.

easily one of the biggest female of Tadoba, Jharni female with her new cubs. I have a feeling Kali is the father of the cubs because Narasimha hasnt been sighted since this monsoon. Dec/2017.

New king of Pench, MH. Dec/2017.

same guy.

on the move.

same guy.

same guy again.

same guy.

this should be my last post of 2017, hope to see you all next year and a happy new year in advance to all the members and anonymous users. my wishlist for 2018 would be to see more tigers from Nagarhole stretch. Nagarhole hasnt been the same since Mastgudi male passed away. lets hope 2018 will change that and new males would light up the tourism zones with sightings.

Ciao

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - peter - 12-31-2017

COPTERS

This, by a margin, is the best viewed thread of WildFact. It has great pictures and interesting stories about Indian tigers today. Every now and then, I see a picture that seems out of this world. I'll add another star today.  

All the best and many thanks on behalf of many.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Tshokwane - 01-02-2018

Credits to Lionel Falçao.

Size Does Matter @ Kaziranga National Park

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Ngala - 01-07-2018

Chota Matka.

Photo and information credits: Sumit Shaw
Close Portrait Male Cub of Choti Tara - That's real SWAG !!! - 
Never had chance to get any head-on shots like my peers during safari but this one was closest, for me this image expresses the magnanimous personality of this cub and what he could become at his prime age! 

D.O.P - 07th Dec 2017
Place - Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve - Maharastra

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Tshokwane - 01-09-2018

Credits to Praveen Premkumar Pai‎.

Here I Am... Wild & free

The Muscular Warrior - Alpha Male of Mohurli Zone. As he gave a dramatic entry sheering goose bumps over in the one stare from half a range away to our safari jeep. The ambience was so calm & serene for a while as his lady love ( celebrity maya - not in the frame ) slept there by side & he wanted the whole area to stay shh. 

Well he's a real Romeo out there in the woods, the care & concern he's got for his lady was every mesmerising to witness. There was a cute chemistry involved out there in each & every stare of his.

The clutter around never matters if the subject is standing out real well and that has to be take care off always while framing. The over all lighting did play a hectic role as it was a dry day under hot sun. The ambience and mood can be felt from the frame which indeed is the way of expressing raw wild to the viewers. 

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 01-13-2018

that story is wrong, Matkasur and Maya are both from Pandherpauni. Mohurli is controlled by Bajrang.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Ngala - 01-15-2018

Photo and information credits: Hemanth Byatroy
My search for the MAJESTIC YET ELUSIVE has finally ended!!
I have been after the tigers for more than an year now. Wanted to imbue in the beauty and glory of these majestic animals.
The first sighting, which I missed was in Bhimgad wildlife Sanctuary during an Avifaunal bird survey for the forest department in April-May 2016.
As we started our early morning survey, we drove down from an Anti-poaching camp of Talewadi towards a village called Gavali, the road was very narrow and the jungle was very dense on either sides of the road. After few miles the road led us to a clearing which overlooked a beautiful valley, which adored with different shades of green forest trees, to add to this beauty the sky was filled with mesmerising morning colours, at this spot we decided to take a break from our drive and relish this sight! 
This turned out to be a mistake which we realised, after 8 minutes of commencing our drive towards Gavali, if not we would have seen the Tiger. Which was lounging on the middle of the road directly in full view of the camera trap which was set up by the Forest Officials inorder to monitor the wildlife in the area.
As I had not seen the camera trap before, I curiously asked one of the forest official who accompanied us, to check out the camera trap for images.
He took me to the trap area and removed the trap from its position and started accessing the images, for our surprise we saw a full grown female tiger sleeping on the road which was recorded just few minutes ago and some of the images showed her walking towards the camera trap inorder to disappear into the jungle behind.
I believe she had heard our vehicle's noise (Bolero camper, a diesel engine) which made her to move into the jungle.
This intelligence of the Charismatic Beast is what made me to search for it.
And finally the search ended this Christmas for me in Satpura Tiger Reserve. 
This tiger in the photograph is a Young Male which can be told by the pink nose which they have as opposed to the black nose which is common for a full adult tiger as I have been told by a naturalist friend in Satpura.
This was sighted by a great effort from our team, we peered our eyes in all the directions of the jungle and as this was last day of my jungle visit in Satpura, I had to make most out of it.
So we listened to the alarm calls of langurs, deers and sambars and constantly looking for the pug marks of the bigger cats.
We came across two pair of leopard pug marks which was fresh but confusing to decipher the direction in which they had headed, no luck in finding them, then we came across the tiger pug marks one among them stood out, as the mark was still wet, this told us that the king of the jungle is nearby and very close, to our surprise we didn't hear any alarm calls at all.
As we advanced further we came to a Y intersection, and we took the left road after few seconds we spotted the tiger which was casually walking away from us on the road and then it entered into the Nala (dried up stream bed) which cut through the road, we slowly advanced closer, at this point we parked the vehicle and the tiger was still walking away without being aware of our presence, after few seconds he heard our excitement and turned towards and snarled!! 
That's when i photographed this Majestic Beauty!!!!
After the threatening snarl which exposed it's well developed four canines, the tiger disappeared into the jungle. 
With this click, my search to this Charismatic beauty which is regarded as the king of the jungle has ended.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Tshokwane - 01-18-2018

(01-13-2018, 06:53 PM)Roflcopters Wrote: that story is wrong, Matkasur and Maya are both from Pandherpauni. Mohurli is controlled by Bajrang.

Thanks. Who's the one in the picture?