WildFact
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India (/topic-b2-and-other-great-tiger-pics-from-india)

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Ngala - 12-10-2016

@"Majingilane"  

The photo of Waghdoh that i've posted was loaded in date 06 Dec., but i don't know if you want an official sight.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 12-11-2016

Ramraj Uikey Pench
Today evening
B M W
10th 2016.evening safari
@pench.mp ..

*This image is copyright of its original author

Omveer Choudhary

Showstopper
Big Boy BMW
Dominant male Tiger
@pench

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 12-11-2016

(12-10-2016, 05:55 PM)Majingilane Wrote:
(12-10-2016, 11:02 AM)Roflcopters Wrote: there is clear evidence that Madhuri was pregnant when Sonam began to challenge her for the territory, Madhuri being in a tough situation decided to move to South West of Teliya and delivered a litter of 4 cubs. (2 females and 2 males). Wagdoh followed Madhuri and conquered the entire Bufferzone consisting of Agarzari, Dewada, Junona and his presence was still in some parts of Mohurli. the previous ruler of Agarzari was pushed out by Wagdoh while the original Khali lurked in the shadows and with constant battles with Wagdoh male, Khali finally suceeded early june, 2015 and took Agarzari from Wagdoh. his dominant days were shortlived and "Moh" came into the scene and fought intensly with Khali. in the end, they both divided territories within Agarzari and have territories overlapping each other. Wagdoh's two male cubs Shankar and Bhola were only 2.5 years old, when they both took charge of their territories. probably the youngest cubs with territories of their own!

Wonderful info, as always.

I have a question regarding the old man. Has Waghdoh been seen again? Do you have any idea of how is he doing?

he still rules Dewada/Junona buffer and hasn't been photographed yet but his presence is still there. he's going strong still.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Tshokwane - 12-11-2016

(12-11-2016, 01:35 AM)Roflcopters Wrote: he still rules Dewada/Junona buffer and hasn't been photographed yet but his presence is still there. he's going strong still.

Thank you, that is so nice to hear. 

I was worried that maybe he was no more, but I guess there's a reason you never write a legend off.

Previous ruler before Wagdoh that ruled entire Agarzari and parts of Dewada, father of Pasha and many of the adult females in the Bufferzone. there was another male that ruled parts of Dewada buffer and was also pushed back by Wagdoh when Madhuri's four cubs were being raised around Dewada buffer.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 12-11-2016

(12-10-2016, 11:02 AM)Roflcopters Wrote:
(12-01-2016, 04:43 AM)strana Wrote: Nice information indeed, Pckts !!
Looking at pictures alone, I think that Tarun, Jobhi and the the males from Pench are the most impressives known tigers in Central India.
I was surprised when it was posted in "naturesafariindia" and also here in Wildfact that Umarpani was the biggest tiger in Central India and that Bheema was 225kg when 2,5 year old. Both of them seems clearly not as powerful as Jobhi and Tarun.
By the way, the new generation in Bandhavgarh ( Mahaman, etc) and specially inTadoba (matkasur, Bajrang, etc ) do not look like as large as the predecessor. Wagdoh  must be in serious bad condition if Bajrang did in fact conquer most of his former territory.

(12-09-2016, 03:00 PM)Ngala Wrote: Photo and information credits: The Ranveer Singh Gautam photography
" The Mighty Male Tiger Wagdoha from Tadoba "

" Tigers of Tadoba Buffer " - 

These Tiger cubs are of the legend Wagdoh Male & Old telia queen " Madhuri " female . Out of four cubs three survived and are growing well . 
One Male tiger from this family occupied territory near dewada village , nearby dewada talav & other male cub has occupied territory near padmapur range close to first entrance gate of tadoba . While the female from this family has 2 little cubs of around 4 5 month and have been sighted near hanuman mandir water hole of dewada buffer close to gate. 

She mated with Erai back water male which rules half of Agarzari buffer . There are two male who rules agarzari bufferzone , one rules from Dewada to kalapani area and is also father of latest madhuri & cubs . 
While the Khali male tiger rules from crocodile spot of agarzari till the backside of agarzari buffer towards kitadi & batadi . These both males are often referred by same name " Khali " , but they are two different male . Khali is father of Sharmili's cubs which are growing well & can be seen in agarzari bufferzone backside .

Pic by - Ranveer Singh Gautam .
Write up & info by - Ranveer Singh Gautam & FD.

there is clear evidence that Madhuri was pregnant when Sonam began to challenge her for the territory, Madhuri being in a tough situation decided to move to South West of Teliya and delivered a litter of 4 cubs. (2 females and 2 males). Wagdoh followed Madhuri and conquered the entire Bufferzone consisting of Agarzari, Dewada, Junona and his presence was still in some parts of Mohurli. the previous ruler of Agarzari was pushed out by Wagdoh while the original Khali lurked in the shadows and with constant battles with Wagdoh male, Khali finally suceeded early june, 2015 and took Agarzari from Wagdoh. his dominant days were shortlived and "Moh" came into the scene and fought intensly with Khali. in the end, they both divided territories within Agarzari and have territories overlapping each other. Wagdoh's two male cubs Shankar and Bhola were only 2.5 years old, when they both took charge of their territories. probably the youngest cubs with territories of their own!
Kuldeep Sharma
May 22
******Wagdoh aka scarface******
==========================
Big Daddy of Tadoba Andhari Tiger reserve, father of 26 living tigers in TATR....considered as largest male tiger of Asia.Recently his kingdom is witnessed in junona buffer after he got defeated by a new male called khali by locals in agarzari buffer , even his son from Telia named as SHIVA was also seen few days back in moharli.
Wagdoh currently has new cubs with a new female ,in junona buffer and he is often seen in CN 175 of buffer

CN175 is his favorite waterhole, I like how he still manages to keep that size going for him.

here's a few pictures from earlier this year, credits to the original photographers. 

Wagdoh (March/2016)

Wagdoh (April/2016)

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - anand3690 - 12-11-2016

Minh Ha:

Sad news today: Bhima is no more
:'( . He's breathed his last in the Mukki enclosure. As someone who's been following him since he was a 2.5 yrs old collared male in Feb 2014 and watching his every step since, I'm feeling very painful right now, and I'm sure a lot will feel the same way.
From left to right: Bhima at 2.5 yrs old, then 3 , 4, 4.5 and finally 5 yrs old this Oct. He'd been growing constantly since Feb 2014 and attained monster status in jan this year at 4.5 yrs old, and then was spotted this Oct losing a lot of weight with serious cuts found on his body. I knew these injuries were not right but no one believed me at that time. Less than 2 months later, he was found heavily wounded in Khappar, part of Uma male's territory. He was taken in and best effort were undertaken by the forest staff to revive him, but it was too late. RIP Bhima
:'( .
Please note, Mr.Shukla had been overseeing Bheema's condition by camping in Mukki despite the fact that his wife was undergoing surgery. Mr. Shukla's dedication to his tigers is truly beyond describe and that's why it has to be mentioned here so people can truly appreciate his devotion and commitment. Also, the whole Forest Department did their very best to revive him by flying in renowned Veterinary Surgeons in but Bhima had grown too weak and didn't make it in the end.

Rip Bheema, kudos to the whole Kanha team and Mr.Shukla for his efforts. losing two big males wasnt something i anticipated but i guess its the nature's way to determine who stays in the jungle. Rip Bheema, Rip Kingfisher. Mukki will never be the same without these two magnificient cats.

here is Moh, previously mixed up with Khali. he looks pretty young.

another shot of him

Credits to the original photographer.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Tshokwane - 12-12-2016

From Nature Safari India, Bheema: The Peaceful Warrior of Kanha National Park passes away: By Sharad Vats.

It was in September 2016 that I wrote of the The Big Four Tigers of Mukki in Kanha. These Tigers had attracted the attention of all the Tiger lovers worldwide in the last 3 years. The most commonly sighted Tiger amongst them was Bheema, the peaceful warrior of Kanha National Park.

Almost everyone was beginning to reconcile that the Tiger behavior was changing in Kanha. Their belief stemmed from the fact that the four big male Tigers had accepted each other in a small area of under 300 sq kms. There were skirmishes on and off in the last couple of years. They all got injured, and recovered too.  But deep down few knew that Kanha Tigers are fighters and not quitters. They live and die like Tigers in territorial fights. It was a matter of time before they would show their true colors. Come October 2016, and we saw departure of Rajaram in a fatal territorial encounter with Umarpani male. You may read the same in the below link:
Rajaram (Kingfisher) Tiger dies in a territorial fight in Kanha National Park

Umarpani male is a huge and a powerful Tiger in his prime with some extra-ordinary lineage. You might like to read about him here.

People were still coming to terms with the death of Rajaram when Bheema was found in a condition bordering death. The Mahouts found him gravely injured while patrolling on their elephants. Such was his condition that the department could not even think of tranquilizing him lest he succumb to his injuries. He was lifted and placed on a stretcher by the forest department while conscious. I do not recall any incident when a Tiger has been lifted without tranquilizing in the wild or even in a zoo.

He was taken to a natural enlarged enclosure where he was put under observation and treatment. Apparently the damage to him was considerable, and he was in no condition for a surgery. A team of expert vets were summoned from across the country.

Bheema was born in July/August of 2011.

His father was Kankata and mother was Budbudi. He was one in the litter of four. One of his siblings Bajrang is still doing well in another zone of Kanha. Bheema was frequently sighted in Mukki and Kisli zones. He was one Tiger who was not shy of tourists, and gave ample photo opportunities, sighted almost twice a week if not more in his peak days, i.e. until summer of 2016. Usually his sighting was not just a glimpse. He was often seen walking on the vehicle tracks for kms. After his sighting the tourists would go back satiated and delighted always.

My personal experience with Bheema; the Peaceful Warrior

It was 11th June 2015, an afternoon safari. I had just finished an amazing sighting / session with Umarpani male which lasted about 30 minutes when we decided to go and wait at the Babathenga waterhole. We had zero expectation of any sighting. The weather was a bit humid, and suddenly we hear a sambar alarm call. For a moment I did not believe my ears, I looked at Naren on the wheels and the second alarm call.

Now, when a Sambar deer calls it is most certain that he has sighted a Tiger. And if he calls twice in succession then it means that the Tiger is active. We started our vehicle and headed just 50 meters ahead from where the call came. As we reached the area, the sambar called again. We switched off the ignition and waited.

Anxious moments…

I always advise my guide, and whoever accompanying me in the jeep never to stand up, just stay seated. Reason being, that more often than not the Tiger would see the standing eager people before the people will see him. When everyone’s eyes are eagerly searching for the big cat, there is a lot of nervous energy around. The Tigers are highly sensitive and would usually change direction when they notice anxiety. Hence everyone was seated, calmly active and actively calm in my vehicle.

Then Raju our guide pointed in one direction and murmured the most anticipated word, “Sirji Tiger”. His face was seen  from the tall grass. As everyone was seated in the car, the Tiger found a conducive atmosphere to make an appearance. We waited for him to come completely out of the grass. Once he did we started our vehicle and turned right where we expected him to follow us. Sure he did like an obedient son.

Tete-a-Tete with Bheema

Then started my vigorous clicking. We maintained a safe distance. I kept giving him mental assurance that “i love you my handsome boy”. He followed us, and did everything that a Tiger on his territorial round would do. Scratching, marking, spraying, flehmen, sit, roll, everything. In about twenty minutes that he followed me i clicked close to 400 shots. He was not leaving our trail. Finally Naren said, “Sir, it is time to go, we have only 30 minutes left for park closure time and we must move”. With a heavy heart i confirmed and we changed course.

On our way back, i started to think of various safaris i had done in my last 27 years in India. Two memorable sightings are, my very first Tiger sighting in Ranthambhore in 1990. And, second would be this sighting. Though there are many memorable ones, but getting two different male Tigers, and both head on for a considerable time in less than one hour is unusual.

Why i called him the Peaceful Warrior;

I called him the Peaceful warrior because he peacefully carried many combat medals (injury marks) on his shoulders with pride of a warrior. If I was to compare him with Link 7 aka Chotta Munna, or Umarpani male, Bheema was the most peaceful Tiger. He never unnecessary challenged any other Tiger for territory.  Stayed mostly in his own territory, and defended it pretty well till almost the last 3-4 months of his reign. His skirmishes with Chotta Munna in 2015 were quite one sided where he chided him away comfortably.

But Chotta Munna has genes of Munna  (a legendary Tiger of Kanha). At 15 Munna is still fighting, and surviving. Chotta Munna started to give Bheema some tough time toward middle of 2016. On 1st October 2016 when the park reopened for tourism Bheema was sighted with a limp, and it seemed he had lost considerable amount of weight. He looked a much smaller version of his former self. Subsequently his sightings reduced.

Was he unable to hunt? Was he carrying some injury? Or, was he ill? There was nothing of consequence visible on him. There is no protocol to interfere in the lives of wild Tigers in India. The department only intervenes when they feel that the injury is serious and can disable the Tiger.

The passing of the Peaceful Warrior

On 4th December he was found by the patrolling forest staff. He was frail, his forelimb badly eaten by maggots. And he was found in the territory of Umarpani male. It is possible due to the constant disturbance by Chotta Munna he left his area and ventured into Umarpani male’s territory. I have always maintained that Umarpani male is the biggest surviving Tiger of central India right now. Not only in size, but in strength, and confidence also he is unmatched. The fact that he has dominated Mukki practically since 2011 speaks volumes about his demeanor.

Bheema was also not a diminutive Tiger by any yard of imagination Afterall he was given his name Bheema for a reason. He would have been a dominating Tiger in any other landscape besides Mukki. It was unfortunate that he got stuck between the two sons of Munna (Umarpani and Chotta Munna), else he would never have gone in his prime.

His fans including me were praying that he survives. But when i heard that the chances of survival are minimal i prayed for his ordeal to end.

Having seen Tigers for some decades now, i think, Tigers are born to fight. They survive because they fight. Choice is either they fight or they die. The end is mostly they fight and they die. 

Such is the life of a Tiger.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 12-12-2016

Umarpani has dominated Mukki since Summer of 2014, let's see who's bloodline would enter the scene and claims Mukki or would the Munna bloodline prevail for years? 

Tfs! Rip Bheema

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 12-12-2016

Big Kaziranga male 

how a Kaziranga male appears on film

Kaziranga male crossing the road - Western range (March/2016)

the deceased KZT023 male, according to Kanwar Juneja. he was the biggest male tiger he had ever seen in his life. 

Big male tiger from Corbett

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 12-13-2016

The Ranveer Singh Gautam photography
" The Mighty Male Tiger Wagdoha from Tadoba "

#Canon gear # 250mm , f4 # Roaring Wild #7774001657 #

This is from a couple years back

This could possibly be one from Sept. but no confirmation on that.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Tshokwane - 12-13-2016

Credits to Vedprakash Panday.

Today morning ride At Bandhavgarh National Park.

Any idea who's this?