WildFact
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India (/topic-b2-and-other-great-tiger-pics-from-india)

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 10-05-2016

Africa or Asia, there is only 1 king.... And its not a carnivore

Daanish Shastri Nature & Wildlife Photography
A Royal Stand-off

Finally, wildlife season is back! Its been a long monsoon and fond memories return to me as I pack for my upcoming Kabini trip.

EOS 7D mark ii, 100-400mm f4.5-5.6. Corbett NP.

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Tshokwane - 10-05-2016

Link 7 male - Chota Munna. Credits to Viraj Upgade‎.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Tshokwane - 10-06-2016

Jitender Govindani:

It was on the 2nd of October 2015 at Kanha, when this majestic beauty followed us for 45 min and gave us mind blowing pics. History repeated itself when this majestic beauty once again trailed our vehicle on 2nd October 2016, for a wonderful 40 minutes.

Bheema undoubtedly is one of the finest male Tiger you would ever see.

Two more of Chota Munna.

Credits to Vivek Pandey.

Credits to Mrityunjay Kanwar.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 10-06-2016

He's been quite active so far, but still read that he got ran off by Bheema again, so he's still not the ruler just yet. But he and Bheema will have many more clashes I'm sure.
But he certainly looks much bulkier, he's starting to come into his prime.

(10-06-2016, 01:26 AM)Pckts Wrote: He's been quite active so far, but still read that he got ran off by Bheema again, so he's still not the ruler just yet. But he and Bheema will have many more clashes I'm sure.
But he certainly looks much bulkier, he's starting to come into his prime.

True, and it's amazing to see the change from one year to the other.

Bheema is an amazing tiger as well, and it will be quite the showdown when these two battle it out both in their primes.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Ngala - 10-07-2016

Photo and information credits: Sandeep Dutta
"This big male went and sat in the water to cool himself after a heavy meal. Being so close to this beast was thrilling and he was very kind to let us make some nice images. Fateh @ Ranthambore"

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Tshokwane - 10-07-2016

Latest Sightings - India:
Tiger swimming, spotted today in Bandipur 

Tinged By Shankar Babur

The Great Prince.

Tiger with kill seen yesterday at Rantambhore National Park, Rajasthan

Tinged By Sandesh

Credits to Sagar Singh.

Bandipur, Karnataka, Oct 1 2016.

Raja again.

And one more, credits to Puneet Jain.

Deepu Chayachitra:

Portrait of Namma Prince up close !

An old warrior, a survivor and a true champ who has enthralled millions of tourists, nature conversationalists, wildlife enthusiasts and photographers travelling with a wish to see a tiger!

He is probably around 9-10 years old male now and still dominates most part of the tourism zone in Bandipur. He is huge and known for his sheer strength of bringing down adult Gaurs for his meal and ferociously defending his territory against other intruding males. Last year when a new male from the core started patrolling Prince territory the fight was so fierce that Prince crushed the opponent to it's death.

He's one of the most photographed wild tiger in India and he will even give chance to mobile photographers coming too close to tourism vehicles without any hesitation.

As the law of nature, age is catching up with him as well, he has broken one of his K9's, lot of battle scars and wounds which healed over a period of time, a tumor on his right hind leg make him limp sometimes for which is also known as "Kunta" by the locals. With all said and done he is a survivor still dominating!

May his tribe live long enough to continue the tale!

Karnataka, 2016

Credits to Shankar Sg.

Raja, the Prince. Oct 2016.

Credits to Shamanth Krishnamurthy.

Srinivasan Santhanakrishnan:
The Prince Prowling before his unsuccessful hunt.

Bandipur, Sep 2016.

Praveen Premkumar Pai:

Prince, The Raging Warrior of Bandipur Tiger Reserve .Yes he's Injured but still living his path marking his own territory of around 45km2. Still at the heights of ruling. He's been ruling the forest for about more than few years now facing & defeating other ferocious dominant males reaching out in his limits.

Ageing doesn't mater when it comes to strength & responsibilities. He is the best example till date as an example to put in as great warrior who leads his own kingdom.

Every one visiting Bandipur tiger reserve would have this celebrity in their to do list and framing him is always fun & satisfying.

© ClicknFrame

Normally I would apologize for sharing so much of one particular cat, but Raja the Prince is so awesome, so majestic, so everything that I can't help myself and I have to share whatever I found about him.

What an amazing tiger he is.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Tshokwane - 10-08-2016

Credits to Jitender Govindani.

The territorial fight between Bheema & Chota Munna seems to be heating up. Looks like tables are turning and Chota Munna seems to be winning few of the battles.

These pictures clicked on 2nd October 2016, shows deep neck injuries to Bheema, which he might have received from a fight with Chota Munna probably 4 to 5 days earlier.

Surely this was one of the many battles between to the two prime males of Mukki. Only time will tell who will win the final War.

It will be sad to loose any one, as both are awesome. Hopefully territorial issued are resolved at the earliest and peace restored.

Bheema the first pic, Link 7 the other one. 

To be honest, I think the photographer is overreacting, the injuries are mere scratchs not "deep". But anyway, these are great pics.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Tshokwane - 10-08-2016

Link 7 male - Chota Munna. Credits to Sarosh Lodi.