WildFact
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India (/topic-b2-and-other-great-tiger-pics-from-india)

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Ngala - 06-24-2016

Photo and information credits: Vishwa Kiran Photography
Tiger T64 
T64 was stalking sambar after a long lazy snooze in the stream at zone 5 of Ranthambhore. It was 46 ish in the evening and all the tigers we saw were near water cooling off. T64 decided to check out the local menu late in the evening and is seen here eyeing the nearby sambar. I was able to get a great first field session with him with the new 1DX mark II. June 2016

*This image is copyright of its original author

Tiger on a late evening stroll
It was massive luck and skill of our guide who postioned us for this shot with minutes to spare before the sunset and end of the safari timings. We were the last jeep out that day but the happiest. May 2016

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Ngala - 06-26-2016

Photo and information credits: Vishwa Kiran Photography
Royal tiger relaxation
T 64 looking at nearby sambar for a potential meal but in no hurry.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Tshokwane - 06-27-2016

Somnath Banerjee:
Akash T-64

The king of Bakhola,zone 5 15/6/2016 08:30 AM

Suddenly he appeared from the nearby grasses and spent around 37 minutes with us.Apart from my jeep there was only 2 other jeeps at that point during this auspicious moment.He was proceeding towards a nearby waterhole and he reached there finally after spending some memorable time along with us on the main track. Akash is from the first litter of Krishna T-19 & Star male T-28.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 06-27-2016

So it looks like the battle for Pandherpauni continues with Gabbar and Matkasur fighting for the spot, the father of Maya's cubs was indeed Gabbar and he is on the move to save his family from the likes of Matkasur. Maya has been hiding her cubs and has mated with atleast a minimum of 4 different males, its insane but i really hope these cubs survive to see adulthood. Also i heard Gabbar lost an eye fighting Matkasur male, hopefully both of these guys are doing fine.

Edit: It doesnt make any sense though, Gabbar has been mating with Maya and if they have cubs together. They are hardly an year old, it defies all logic but it does seem like. he is the father because when Matkasur started stalking Maya, everyone feared that he was going to kill the cubs and Gabbar showed his elusive self and got into a huge brawl with Matkasur, both of them got injured, Gabbar lost an eye in that fight while Matkasur got a scratched upper nose. The Saga continues.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 06-27-2016

@Roflcopters
check out the big cat feud gallery, I've been updating it, you'll be able to see whats been occurring.
Gabbars eye looks damaged but still intact.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 06-27-2016

Pckts, do you think Gabbar is the father of the cubs?

@vijay @shailesh 

What do you guys think, so much confusion here.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 06-27-2016

(06-27-2016, 09:45 PM)Roflcopters Wrote: Pckts, do you think Gabbar is the father of the cubs?

@vijay @shailesh 

If the cubs are 10mths and tigers have a 3 month gestation period, we'd have to assume it's whoever maya was seen mating with in april '15 (ish)

Another image of Maya with Gabbar Recently

Rohit Garde

Gabbar & Maya Mating Couple from TATR , In their habitat.

Date : 24/06/2016

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Tshokwane - 06-28-2016

These are from 3 days ago, credits to Piyush Paunikar.

Gabbar and Maya

And another one from yesterday, credits to Nitin Yerkal

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - shaileshsharadnaik - 06-28-2016

(06-27-2016, 10:26 PM)Pckts Wrote:
(06-27-2016, 09:45 PM)Roflcopters Wrote: Pckts, do you think Gabbar is the father of the cubs?

@vijay @shailesh 

If the cubs are 10mths and tigers have a 3 month gestation period, we'd have to assume it's whoever maya was seen mating with in april '15 (ish)

Another image of Maya with Gabbar Recently

Rohit Garde

Gabbar & Maya Mating Couple from TATR , In their habitat.

Date : 24/06/2016

This is really breaking news from Tadoba. Tigers are such mysterious creatures. When we humans feel we are now well aware of Tiger's life; such surprise pops up. As per theory, Tigress's come into estrus 20-22 months after giving birth. Maya gave birth in Aug 15. So its just 10 months. The theory has gone for  a toss.  Also Gabbar had disappeared almost 6-8 months back. He suddenly popped up. I feel  That's not because he wanted to ward off Matkasur like  a film hero to save cubs; but may he realized Maya is ready to mate. So I feel the fight is over Maya between Gabbar and Matkasur. I am not sure who's father of these Maya cubs. She had mated with Gabbar, Saturn, Katezari that time.  I don't think Matkasur wanted to harm cubs because he frequents Jamni, Pandhepauni area since last 1 year and if he wanted to kill her cubs, he would have done long back.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Vijay Rajan - 06-28-2016

@vijay @shailesh 

Hi Roflcopters,

Here are my 2 cents :

1) Males who’ve recently sired a litter aren’t known to mate until the cubs are grown up, the female comes into estrous & begins her ritual of attracting a Male by virtue of scent marking as well as vocalization.

2) Females remain wary of the danger & hence keep their cubs away from a Male who hasn’t sired her litter.

3) Males who’ve sired the litter have been documented spending time with the cubs in the presence of the female, even if she’d mated with multiple partners (without his knowledge of course). Examples from the recent past are RTR Zaalim spending time with Sundari’s cubs when she'd been alive (although she’d mated with Star Male too) & Teer (New Charger) spending time with cubs of Bandhavgarh's Sukhi Patiha Female, although she’d mated with Mangu.

4) Males who haven’t sired the litter have been documented dropping by either to mate with the Female (even if she hasn't come into estrous) or for a free meal.

To me, it looks highly unlikely that Gabbar might have sired Maya's litter.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 06-28-2016

I didnt think so either, I talked to just about everyone and tried to fill in the void but it seemed strange that he was the father of the one year old cubs and was still mating with Maya. that threw me off big, I think Maya is probably just trying to keep all these tigers away from the cubs and shes doing everything she can to keep them safe, even if it means to mate with anyone. Its a risky business.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 06-28-2016

Look who it its...

Sagar Morey
BIG DADDY 2016

Shishir Kumar Jain

T-57 CloseUp shot
Full Frame, No Crop
For more pics please visit Shishir Wild Box Office
Nikon D5 + Nikon 400mm F2.8e FL ED Lens at Ranthambore National Park on 11-May-2016

Sunil Nair
Male cub of Maya walking on his maternal turf!

Tadoba lake in May!

Ranjit Kumar Chakraborty
"Angry young man"

Legandary Collarwali's 3 yr old adult cub
Pench

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Rage2277 - 06-28-2016

(06-28-2016, 08:22 PM)Roflcopters Wrote: I didnt think so either, I talked to just about everyone and tried to fill in the void but it seemed strange that he was the father of the one year old cubs and was still mating with Maya. that threw me off big, I think Maya is probably just trying to keep all these tigers away from the cubs and shes doing everything she can to keep them safe, even if it means to mate with anyone. Its a risky business.

their stripe pattern favors saturn i think he's mostlikely the paps haven't seen anything on him in a while though..i wonder if he's even alive nothing on katezari either

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 06-28-2016

Avinash Londhe
"Maya" 'The Mother' : First Natural Teacher for her 'Kids' in any species on the EARTH" Lesson, Demonstration of how to mark the territory in wild. Pandharpawani at TATR, MH, India in June 2016.

Anjan Lal
Maya Being Cuddled by Her Adorable Cubs
Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve
India

Mayas Cub "Balla"

Maya and her 3 cubs from Feb

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Tshokwane - 06-29-2016

I don't know if it was posted already but,

Mahaman male, May 2016. Credits to Ravi Bandhavgarh‎.