WildFact
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India (/topic-b2-and-other-great-tiger-pics-from-india)

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 06-20-2016

K S Manju Mohan

T34 Kumbha @ Ranthambore

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Tshokwane - 06-21-2016

(06-16-2016, 10:41 PM)Pckts Wrote: The Karai Ghati Male - the elusive brute. He rarely shows himself, but what a specimen!! Feb 2016

What an absolute Beast he is!!!!!!!!!! What is his story???
Big Brute Dabang on Full Charge:
Courtyard House Kanha

"One of our guests has not seen a tiger ever in his life," said Abhijeet Munshaw a wildlife enthusiast and photographer. This was our first conversation as soon as the check in formalities had been done with.  

"Well hope for the best," I said confidently. "Tigers being elusive are hard to come by."

Our first two safari were good but no tiger. Then while traversing through Kisli Zone we decided to head straight for Karai Ghati. A day before, a tiger was seen on this road and heard roaring incessantly.     

Searching for tigers is at times frustrating. We went right up to the junction which leads to Sarhi Zone. Nothing. Well there were pug marks of another male but they usually do not result in sighting often. We waited for the animal to emerge. But after some time we decided to move ahead and look for the tiger seen yesterday. The distance was not much and we could quickly bounce back if needed. There was no tiger there hence we moved on to score other areas. 

There is a female with cubs often seen near the Kisli Tank on the way to Karai Ghati. She deserted the water body whence one of the cubs was killed by a vagrant male. 

"Let look for the tigress," I told the guide."She may have returned." There were many jeeps waiting with the same objective. We waited for some time, then I said to the guide. "Lets visit the place were the big male was seen yesterday rather then wait here." The guide was thinking the same hence we drove on. It was about ten minute ride straight on.        

The tiger was lying in shade covering almost three fourth of the jungle road. "Massive." I stopped as soon as the beast looked at us. There was a deafening silence as the beats thundered. "Keep at a safe distance," I told the driver. 

"This is Dabang."    

Last time I had encountered this beast on the kill and he was very aggressive almost threatening to charge. Even the distance of twenty meters seemed uncomfortable. The guests were busy with their cameras while we were having a nervous look at the tiger. 

There was another jeep ahead much ahead. We were wondering if they were aware of the predator. Well you remain silent on such occasions. 

The tiger kept looking at us, occasionally turning to look at the other jeep. He was not very comfortable but then lay quiet without any show of aggression. Well did he? 

In one instant the beast arose from his slumber and took a step towards us or rather charged. Frightening...is all I can say. We were at a safe distance but it seemed that he would be on the jeep in seconds. He did not, for he veered to right after a massive roar and vanished into the thickets.        

The tiger sighting was over and we turned back to look for the tigress. She was not there hence we moved on. The beautiful Kanha landscape enchants me every time and it did that to the guests as well.  

"Lets visit the male tiger again," the guest requested the guide. Well that would have meant going in for the tigress as well hence we proceeded.  

"Turn back," the guide of the approaching jeep requested us fervently. "He is charging too often." Then another jeep approached us with the same request.  

"We should not agitate the big cat further," I explained to the guests. "He is not used to the jeeps, hence he gets aggressive and charges."      

The charge is not at all a pleasant experience. In fact it could be nerve wrecking. 

We turned back.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 06-21-2016

He is such a beast, looks to be an absolute monster of a male.

Ajit Kulkarni

LEAVE ME ALONE ! !

HANDSOME, PENCH MAHARASHTRA.

Khemchand Joshi

Leak...
T-64, Ranthambore National Park
June 2016

Hitesh Chawla

Future king of Ranthambore, Rajasthan. PAC Male. May'16.

Exif: Canon 6D, f/9, Exp 1/800, ISO 800, Focal length 400mm.

Kumre Bandu

Rajbir Manjit Singh Oberoi

T 28 (Star Male) : I am the Star Male & the Mark is just above my Eye...
Jun 2016
RTR, Rajasthan

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Rage2277 - 06-21-2016

(06-21-2016, 04:11 AM)Majingilane Wrote:
(06-16-2016, 10:41 PM)Pckts Wrote: The Karai Ghati Male - the elusive brute. He rarely shows himself, but what a specimen!! Feb 2016

What an absolute Beast he is!!!!!!!!!! What is his story???
Big Brute Dabang on Full Charge:
Courtyard House Kanha

"One of our guests has not seen a tiger ever in his life," said Abhijeet Munshaw a wildlife enthusiast and photographer. This was our first conversation as soon as the check in formalities had been done with.  

"Well hope for the best," I said confidently. "Tigers being elusive are hard to come by."

Our first two safari were good but no tiger. Then while traversing through Kisli Zone we decided to head straight for Karai Ghati. A day before, a tiger was seen on this road and heard roaring incessantly.     

Searching for tigers is at times frustrating. We went right up to the junction which leads to Sarhi Zone. Nothing. Well there were pug marks of another male but they usually do not result in sighting often. We waited for the animal to emerge. But after some time we decided to move ahead and look for the tiger seen yesterday. The distance was not much and we could quickly bounce back if needed. There was no tiger there hence we moved on to score other areas. 

There is a female with cubs often seen near the Kisli Tank on the way to Karai Ghati. She deserted the water body whence one of the cubs was killed by a vagrant male. 

"Let look for the tigress," I told the guide."She may have returned." There were many jeeps waiting with the same objective. We waited for some time, then I said to the guide. "Lets visit the place were the big male was seen yesterday rather then wait here." The guide was thinking the same hence we drove on. It was about ten minute ride straight on.        

The tiger was lying in shade covering almost three fourth of the jungle road. "Massive." I stopped as soon as the beast looked at us. There was a deafening silence as the beats thundered. "Keep at a safe distance," I told the driver. 

"This is Dabang."    

Last time I had encountered this beast on the kill and he was very aggressive almost threatening to charge. Even the distance of twenty meters seemed uncomfortable. The guests were busy with their cameras while we were having a nervous look at the tiger. 

There was another jeep ahead much ahead. We were wondering if they were aware of the predator. Well you remain silent on such occasions. 

The tiger kept looking at us, occasionally turning to look at the other jeep. He was not very comfortable but then lay quiet without any show of aggression. Well did he? 

In one instant the beast arose from his slumber and took a step towards us or rather charged. Frightening...is all I can say. We were at a safe distance but it seemed that he would be on the jeep in seconds. He did not, for he veered to right after a massive roar and vanished into the thickets.        

The tiger sighting was over and we turned back to look for the tigress. She was not there hence we moved on. The beautiful Kanha landscape enchants me every time and it did that to the guests as well.  

"Lets visit the male tiger again," the guest requested the guide. Well that would have meant going in for the tigress as well hence we proceeded.  

"Turn back," the guide of the approaching jeep requested us fervently. "He is charging too often." Then another jeep approached us with the same request.  

"We should not agitate the big cat further," I explained to the guests. "He is not used to the jeeps, hence he gets aggressive and charges."      

The charge is not at all a pleasant experience. In fact it could be nerve wrecking. 

We turned back.

he looks like bheema he has to be one kankatta's sons really bulky too he could pass for a bandhavgarh male easily

Naren Malik

Tigers of Kahna Home Range
'Tiger update from kanha'
Kingfisher male - Mukki zone,
Umarpani male - Mukki zone,
Link 7 male - Mukki zone,
Bheema - Mukki zone,
Mahaveer female with 4 cubs - Mukki zone,
BT female with 3 cubs - Mukki zone,
Dhawajhandi female - Mukki zone,
Umarjhola female - Mukki zone,
Chitakhudri female with 2 cubs (sighted recently) - Mukki zone,
Bajrang male - Kanha zone,
Link 7 female with 4 cubs - Kanha zone,
Neelam with 1 cub - Kanha zone,
Bamni dadar male (sighted once) - Kanha zone,
Supkhar male - Kanha, Mukki, kisli zone,
Budbudi female with 4 cubs - kisli,
Male cub from budbadi female (previous litter) - kisli zone,
Female cubs from budbadi female (previous litter) - kisli zone,
Munna - Kisli zone,
Silyari female with 3 female - Kisli zone,
Karai ghati male - Kisli zone,
Note ; Kankatta, red eye male and umarpani female have not been sighted for a long so not adding them in this list. Request friends to add more if anybody has some more information regarding, these tigers we are counting are existing in tourism area not the buffer zone.

He's such an awesome male.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 06-22-2016

Lokesh Tardalkar

T 57 , RTR

Anjan Lal
Tigress Sonam at Telia Dam
Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve
India

Anup Jogi
Bittu

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 06-23-2016

Sudhir Garg

Something highly interesting to watch.. On 14th of this month, June 2016 we were on a routine safari near main entrance of Ranthambore Tiger Reserve, and a big male tiger "Star male" was camping around one recently killed Sambhar.. during evening hours he was relaxing near the big pond and almost half of his body was lying under water. In fact he was almost sleeping and we waited nearby in case he wakes up or take some action. After few minutes we watched three huge crocodiles moving slowly towards the Tiger ( In Inset) and gradually inching towards close to him. If this had been some any other small animal ...it must hv been his last day for sure lying like some big feast on a silver platter for hungry crocodiles. But they stopped moving forward at distance of about 50 feet sensing not an easy prey for them. The sequence goes on for full 15/20 minutes and they were still there when we left them as our closing time approaching fast ...!!

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - stoja9 - 06-23-2016

shocked

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 06-23-2016

Sandesh S Guru

#‎CLaWPNP‬

T 28 Star male Walking and the Sambar deer watching!

Sandesh S Guru He was injured after a fight and was limping! He was not bothered about the vehicles and the prey!!

The old man is having a tough time right now, I wonder who he fought with?

Amit Borole

Bajrang

Tadoba | May 2016

Bajrang

@Tadoba | May 2016

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Rage2277 - 06-24-2016

bajrang doesn't appear to be getting challenged much if at all since his turf grab

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 06-24-2016

He looks like a big boy

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Sully - 06-24-2016

I remember Star from a documentary. If I remember he shared prime Ranthambore with Zalim. Both big guys.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - SANTU D G - 06-24-2016

[attachment=326]This is lightning tigress from zone 3.Ranthambore june 2016.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Vijay Rajan - 06-24-2016

Kindly note, the Karai Ghati Male is not Kankata's Son. 

Since Junior Banda was the dominant Male of the Kisli Digdola area during 2008-2009, the Karai Ghati Male is widely believed to have been sired by him & born in 2008-09 to the old Digdola female. This info has been provided by the WII monitoring team working out of Kanha.