WildFact
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India (/topic-b2-and-other-great-tiger-pics-from-india)

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Vijay Rajan - 06-13-2016

(06-10-2016, 02:13 AM)Roflcopters Wrote: are there any pictures of Kingfisher and his family and are they originally from Kanha Zone? who fathered him, i wonder.

I've personally seen the old Camera trap pics of KF with his mother & siblings during my meeting with a few WII Field researchers who've been working out of Kanha since 2009-10. They politely refused to share them with me since those geo-tagged trap pics belong to the National repository & can't be shared on public domain as per the protocol. Since the Nila Nallah area fell in the territory of the Old Naakkata Male as well as the Baisanghat / Mundi Dadar Male (who remained out of tourism most of the time), KF could have been sired by either.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Vijay Rajan - 06-13-2016

(06-12-2016, 01:42 AM)Ngala Wrote: Photo and information credits: VenkataNarasimhan Nature & Wildlife Photography
Male Tiger - Bandhavgarh 

*This image is copyright of its original author

That's Mangu.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - SANTU D G - 06-14-2016

[attachment=313]This was taken from my 2nd Ranthambhore trip.Was very close to the car.Taken at 200mm.In zone 4.Krishna or t19

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 06-15-2016

(06-13-2016, 08:49 AM)Vijay Rajan Wrote:
(06-10-2016, 02:13 AM)Roflcopters Wrote: are there any pictures of Kingfisher and his family and are they originally from Kanha Zone? who fathered him, i wonder.

I've personally seen the old Camera trap pics of KF with his mother & siblings during my meeting with a few WII Field researchers who've been working out of Kanha since 2009-10. They politely refused to share them with me since those geo-tagged trap pics belong to the National repository & can't be shared on public domain as per the protocol. Since the Nila Nallah area fell in the territory of the Old Naakkata Male as well as the Baisanghat / Mundi Dadar Male (who remained out of tourism most of the time), KF could have been sired by either.

Based on his facial stripes and overall features, he clearly seems to have no links with Naak Katta. Also i heard that Mundi dadar male was the largest male of Kanha for the time period that he was around, even bigger than Naak Katta. could he possibly be the father of Kingfisher?  and wasnt Mundi dadar male the same male that forced Munna out of the meadows. I wonder what happened to him? This makes it more interesting, Munna and Mundi dadar male had a rivalry, Mundi dadar won and now Umarpani and link 7 both sons of Munna have problems with Kingfisher too. I never thought Kingfisher came from such a powerful bloodline, if anything i thought he was a mysterious tiger but it all makes sense now. Kf's dad was a boss and now the son is here to rule. Overall, deep down inside. I want all 4 to peacefully coexist. Mukki of today's day reminds me of Tadoba lake area of the past, Yeda Anna, Gabbar, Katezari, Saturn and Maya's brother aka the original Pandu all fought for that one spot.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - SANTU D G - 06-15-2016

This is a male tiger sitting beside the road at the entry point of zone 2 & 3 at Ranthambhore.[attachment=315]

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Rage2277 - 06-15-2016

(06-15-2016, 02:02 PM)Roflcopters Wrote:

Based on his facial stripes and overall features, he clearly seems to have no links with Naak Katta. Also i heard that Mundi dadar male was the largest male of Kanha for the time period that he was around, even bigger than Naak Katta. could he possibly be the father of Kingfisher?  and wasnt Mundi dadar male the same male that forced Munna out of the meadows. I wonder what happened to him? This makes it more interesting, Munna and Mundi dadar male had a rivalry, Mundi dadar won and now Umarpani and link 7 both sons of Munna have problems with Kingfisher too. I never thought Kingfisher came from such a powerful bloodline, if anything i thought he was a mysterious tiger but it all makes sense now. Kf's dad was a boss and now the son is here to rule. Overall, deep down inside. I want all 4 to peacefully coexist. Mukki of today's day reminds me of Tadoba lake area of the past, Yeda Anna, Gabbar, Katezari, Saturn and Maya's brother aka the original Pandu all fought for that one spot.

mundi dadar male is said to be a son of naak katta no pics of him that i'm aware of but he's also said to be massive indeed

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 06-15-2016

Kingfisher (June/5/2016)

Matkasur male from June/2016

Bindu the female of Khursapar with her cubs, Khursapar male is the father of these cubs.

The king of Pench Buffer from Chirbahuli (Mahrashtra side of Pench) June/2016

Samraat the king of Sillari (Pench, MH)

Samraat the giant male of Pench, MH

a close shot of this giant beast

Samrat again

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Vijay Rajan - 06-16-2016

Rightly said Roflcopters and the territorial battle gets even more interesting now since Bheema was sighted yesterday at Minkur Nallah for the 1st time. Needless to mention, Minkur is a stronghold of Umarpani Male & his mate Choti Mada. This monsoon shall certainly be decisive.

Another interesting observation is while Umarpani Male as well as Chota Munna have fought with KF in the past, they tend to avoid any sort of confrontation with each other. At times I've seen Chota Munna beat a hasty retreat upon KF's arrival & KF retreating upon Umarpani's arrival but Umarpani & CM seem entirely comfortable even if they're barely 200 metres apart. Interesting behavior.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - shaileshsharadnaik - 06-16-2016

Vijay Rajan Wrote:
Roflcopters Wrote:
Vijay Rajan Wrote:
Roflcopters Wrote:are there any pictures of Kingfisher and his family and are they originally from Kanha Zone? who fathered him, i wonder.

Rightly said Roflcopters and the territorial battle gets even more interesting now since Bheema was sighted yesterday at Minkur Nallah for the 1st time. Needless to mention, Minkur is a stronghold of Umarpani Male & his mate Choti Mada. This monsoon shall certainly be decisive.

Another interesting observation is while Umarpani Male as well as Chota Munna have fought with KF in the past, they tend to avoid any sort of confrontation with each other. At times I've seen Chota Munna beat a hasty retreat upon KF's arrival & KF retreating upon Umarpani's arrival but Umarpani & CM seem entirely comfortable even if they're barely 200 metres apart. Interesting behavior.

Hello Roflcopters

deviating from this topic a bit.

your comments  are correct Regarding Tadoba lake  area.  But that is not past. That's present too. In march I saw yeda anna very near to  tadoba lake. I had posted the pic. So that area currently has Pandu, Yeda anna, New navegaon male, Katezari sometime, Saturn sometime , gabbar sometime. But haven't heard of any conflict in last year or so. I was also amazed .

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 06-16-2016

(06-16-2016, 09:33 AM)Vijay Rajan Wrote:

KF has retreated upon Umarpani's arrival?
He seemed to handle him quite comfortably when they fought.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Rage2277 - 06-16-2016

(06-16-2016, 05:52 PM)Pckts Wrote:

umarpani male is very aggressive..even more so than KF..well he is a son of munna and so is chota munna i wonder if their tolerance of each other has to do with them being half brothers..very interesting

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - SANTU D G - 06-16-2016

[attachment=316]T19 or Krishna from Ranthambhore.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 06-16-2016

Varun Thakkar
The Bulky KF male.

mukki oct 15.

Monu Dubey Pench

Flehmen's response
subadult male cub of collawali
pench mp
may 2016

Omveer Choudhary

Raiyakassa Male Tiger
IN his Beauty land pench
on of my favourite image
@pench

Darshan Gadekar

Good afternoon friends
One of the techniques a tiger uses to mark it's territory is to rub it's body against trees.
The majestic Rayyakassa male of Pench, May 2016

Tathastu

The "PRINCE"
This male tiger recently had a fight with another male tiger called Darasingh and kicked out from it's former territory.
Date : 27/05/2016
Sillari Gate , Pench Tiger Reserve (Maharashtra)
Picture by: Animesh Manna, Naturalist (Tathastu Resort) with guest Ms. Anne Gray from England.
Call 9765550606- or visit www.tathasturesorts.com
#PENCH #WILDLIFE #BIRDWATHCING #TheJungleBook

Mr. Farhan khan

Tiger...pench Tiger Reserve
========================
This is Prince, the male dominant Tiger of pench...I have never seen a bolder Tiger than this in west India....When he walks on the road, the vehicles gets pushed back. He is bold and handsome....
The monsoon greens added to the colours of the image...This Tiger has more reddish skin coat compared to the yellowish coat I have seen in the central Indian Tigers.

Pre Scar, from 2014^^^

Dr.Abhijit V.Jadhav
Prince male tiger @pench tiger reserve Canon 6D ,Canon600mm, f5.6, time 1/200 ,ISO 1600 (2015)

Afroj Sheikh

"The hulk"
No need of introduction
@ Dewada Buffer

From 6/11/16

The Male of Chorbahuli!!
Chorbahuli, Pench, Maharashtra
June...2016

One more of him

Kanwar Deep Juneja

Seldom Seen Tigress
—————————
Spotted this tigress driving up and down the park as i have never seen her before. The front legs, shoulder and face were very big for a female in comparison to other tigresses i have spotted. Nice clean vegetation and no haze really make the picture worth keeping despite the small subject size in the frame.
Corbett National Park, June 2016
Nikon D5 + 600mm f/4 VR II

Digambar Chaple
" The mark of a perfect king"

@ Ukwls-2016.

Vijayarajan Muthu

"his is Bhola a.k.a Innocent Boy, son of Minkur Female (Badi Mada) & sired by Thin Stripe Male."

^^ All Bhola
Shreyas Srivastava

Red Eye Male
1/1/14
Karai ghati

From 2014^^

Naren Malik
Bheema,
minkur anicut (Mukki zone),
Morning Drive 15/06/16

Naren malik wrote
"Minkur anicut is a place in mukki which is a tiger hub these days, all big boys of mukki have been sighted here in last two days. It was quite surprising for me to see bheema this morning and kingfisher & link 7 last evening here. Though there is enough water in bheema's territory but what attracted him here would be interesting to know....."

Naren Malik

Kingfisher male,
Mukki zone,
Morning drive 25/05/2016
With the help of forest department, now its cleared that this male is from nilla nallah (Kanha zone) or bhuvain dabra female

The Karai Ghati Male - the elusive brute. He rarely shows himself, but what a specimen!! Feb 2016

What an absolute Beast he is!!!!!!!!!! What is his story???

Anjan Lal

Massive Mahaman Male Tiger at Magdhi Zone
Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve
India

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Vijay Rajan - 06-17-2016

(06-16-2016, 05:52 PM)Pckts Wrote:

Pckts, you bet. KF retreated as soon as he knew of Umarpani's presence twice in the last few weeks, once at Belkundri & another time near the Minkur nallah.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - SANTU D G - 06-18-2016

[attachment=325]This is lightning tigress ffronm Ranthambore zone 3.