WildFact
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India (/topic-b2-and-other-great-tiger-pics-from-india)

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 05-23-2016

The Freak of Bandhvagarh
BHEEM!

Mukesh Burman
Bandhvagarh Tigers,
I am again very lucky to get chance to see this beauty.. he walked around 1k.m. with my gypsy.
Bheem from khitouli zone.
17may 2016 morning..
he is the largest male of Bnadhvagarh.

*This image is copyright of its original author

Bandhvagarh Tigers,
Bheem male, from khitouli zone.
16may 2016 morning..
he is the largest male of Bnadhvagarh.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 05-24-2016

Sanjoy Adak
Fight between Mastigudi Male Tiger & Elephant.

#CLaWClashes

Rajeev Pareek

Maiden visit to a tiger sanctuary. 100% successful! In first visit to Bandhavgarh Tiger Sanctuary zone 3 could see the King of Forest His Highness "Bheem", male tiger around 10 ft and I am told he is 6 year old.

30/04 / 15
Morning safari magdhi zone
Jobhi male
Bheem male
Magdhi zone
Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve
Ravi Bandhavgarh
Cell nu : 09424702754

It seems as though Bheem is picking up right where Bamera (rip) left off. He is starting to gain quite the reputation and his size seems to be making him something of a legend. Hopefully he will continue the legacy a create a new generation of wildlife enthusiasts.

Jason Fernandes

Mighty Bheem - He is known at the biggest tiger in Bandhavgarh right now. This may be true and also relative. He is surely the biggest in girth and he has superb big mane, very characteristic of the male tigers of Bandhavgarh. The elusive Jobhi male is another big guy and is bigger in terms of body length.I can only tell this for sure since I have seen a picture of a confrontation between the 2 males. Bheem though is definitely the heavier of the two. He is surely one hulk of a tiger. Sometimes the body size also depends on how well fed they are at the time you them. At this encounter the big guy was belly full with his tummy almost touching the ground. Most of the male tigers of Bandhavgarh have taken to eating cows. Bamera in his twilight years had taken to cows as his favourite source of food. Bheem seems to be following in his footsteps. Constant feeding on cattle is also one of the reasons for their really big size.
Notice how you can barely see the neck of the big guy and dont miss the size of the golden mane. I wish to see him again on my trip in June.
‪#‎wildernessuncut‬ ‪#‎tigersforever‬ ‪#‎bandhavgarh‬ ‪#‎bigcats‬ ‪#‎tiger‬ ‪#‎luxurysafaris‬

I'm not sure which image he is referring to because Bheem is definitely longer than Jobhi as well as being taller. Jobhi's stomach also looks plenty full to me as well.

More of the Backwater Male (rip) with the elephant

One of My Favourite and dream Click of Tiger with Elephant

The backwater male of Kabini (Mastigudi Male) - RIP

Deepu's Chayachitra
August 24, 2015 ·
A Roar No More!
Rest In Peace Masti!
The Mastigudi male/Backwater Male/Dominant Tourism zone male/Euco these are some of the names he was called. 24th August, 2015 morning he breathed his last breath! Saddened by the loss, I try to relive my encounter with one of the most photographed Tiger in Karnataka.
Feb 3rd, 2015 last day of my planned visit to Nagarahole/Kabini, we headed towards Zone B in pursuit of our Cat luck. A jeep heads towards the back water sunset point and we stop for a moment to shoot jackal wandering the open greens. Camera's lock the focus and we hear a Sambar dear disturbing the silence of the whole forest, shutters stop and there's gush of blood in our veins as we move in the direction of the music hoping to see the burning orange stripes.
As we reach the sunset point we are greeted by the fellow photographic enthusiasts with a big smile on their face and I am disgusted! Again I have missed the sighting by not more than 60 seconds. Curiously we ask the driver which direction did the tiger go? to plan our next move.
Suddenly the tree's in the ticket start to break, giving away the identity, yes it's the gentle giant of our forest. More exciting news the tiger is heading directly towards the elephant, the gentle giant feeling nervous about the predator heading its way raises the trunk to warn. A fitting response by our boy he roars to glory and pushes the elephant out of the thicket. Complete forest comes to standstill for a second before the panic buttons of the forest is turned on with alarm calls.
I was not more than 20 meters away from the tiger but still I was not able to see him, his roar drove me crazy. My hairs raise as I relive the response from our beloved tiger and it remains etched in my memory forever. I did not spot the tiger that day but the roar made me take a crazy decision to extend my planned trip till I sight this tiger!
5th of Feb 2015, I was blessed with multiple sightings of Masti and also made some memorable frames.
You will be missed Masti, Kabini and the banks of the back water will not be the same without you!
‪#‎mastigudi‬ ‪#‎backwatermale‬ ‪#‎kabini‬ ‪#‎RIP‬
Deepu's Chayachitra

Another memorable incident we witnessed in January 2015. It was our evening safari and no predators sighted in spite lots of alarm calls being heard by us during the last 2 hours in the forest . Our guide decided to take us to the Hoskere waterhole. Reaching the water hole we saw another jeep waiting there and taking images of a sub adult elephant standing in the water hole and enjoying itself. The other jeep moved away when we reached there as they had waited over half hour and wanted to investigate an alarm call further down. We stay put and were enjoying the sight of elephant and suddenly the elephant exhibited nervousness and went out of the waterhole squealing and was constantly raising its trunk smelling the air. It crossed the safari path to the other side and was putting up quite a show with mock charges , trumpeting and squealing. All in our jeep were filming the elephant shown and i was watching the water hole...and suddenly from the bushes Mastigudi male tiger walks down the slope and squats in the waterhole for sometime. He then gets out of the water and starts to stalk the squealing elephant... then the elephant chases the mighty mastigude male. Here is an image of the chase extracted from the video i captured and then have processed it.. hence the image may not be perfect but the moment was indeed
— with Ramashesh Athri,

It seems as though this guy was quite fond of elephant, whether he had successfully predated on one is another story, but obviously he felt fairly confident with them since he was spotted so many times in close quarters of them.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Vijay Rajan - 05-24-2016

[attachment=286]
[attachment=285 Wrote: tigerluver pid='21952' dateline='1463637476']I'm reading faulty scales in more places than one (from Africa to Asia). I'm not exactly sure what to make of the reasoning behind it. Good hanging scales are well within the grants provided to scientists so finances should not be an issue. Are people not lifting these cats right? I wouldn't know, but I think something is wrong in the procedure and not the materials.

True that !

Here are pictures of ST-4 (T-12 of RTR) photographed in June 2010 (barely a month prior to his translocation to Sariska) & ST-2 (T-18 of RTR) photographed in February 2008 (5 months prior to her translocation to Sariska). There is absolutely no way either of them weighed 170 Kgs at the time of capture/release.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Apollo - 05-24-2016

(05-24-2016, 12:37 PM)Vijay Rajan Wrote:
(05-19-2016, 10:57 AM)tigerluver Wrote: I'm reading faulty scales in more places than one (from Africa to Asia). I'm not exactly sure what to make of the reasoning behind it. Good hanging scales are well within the grants provided to scientists so finances should not be an issue. Are people not lifting these cats right? I wouldn't know, but I think something is wrong in the procedure and not the materials.

True that !

Here are pictures of ST-4 (T-12 of RTR) photographed in June 2010 (barely a month prior to his translocation to Sariska) & ST-2 (T-18 of RTR) photographed in February 2008 (5 months prior to her translocation to Sariska). There is absolutely no way either of them weighed 170 Kgs at the time of capture/release.

I can understand @Vijay Rajan stand on T12 and I totally agree with him.
There is no way T12 weighed in a mere 170kg, he was way bigger than that. Obviously there should be a scale error or a typo error in the document.
T12 was a dominant resident male in Ranthambore before being shifted and was a large one.

Here is a video of him next to a vehicle to get an idea of his size.

Here is a video of T12 with T17 (sister of T18) to gauge is size, watch it from 5.40

Unless t18 was 40kg heavier than her sister, no way was t12 and t18 the same weight.

Do we know which were weighed by Sebastian and which by sinha?

Sebastian is the only odd ball as all others were weighed by the same person and in 2010 only two tigers were weighed, I'd be curious if the t12 weight was Sebastian or sinha?

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 05-24-2016

85kg for Choti Tara and 185kg for Gabbar were also bogus weights from unreliable scales, this is why its so hard to take these weights serious.

Pandu is starting to make a name for himself
Pappy Yadav

Male tiger c97 water whole (TATR) yesterday evening safari
Canon 600d

Male tiger c97 water whole (TATR) yesterday evening safari

Canon 600d

Narendra Upadhyaya

And now, some time to relax...................Pleases don't disturb me ........................
Place : Dudhwa Tiger Reserve, U.P.
Date : 22nd May, 2016

Manish Di

He was a beAst

— at Nagarhole National Park.

Lokesh Tardalkar

T57 RTR,
Confused with own reflection
Zone 2, May 2k16
‪#‎twineoutdoors‬

Bhandavgarh, may 2016

Romal Jaiswal

#‎CLaWClashes‬ — at Umred Karhandla Wildlife Sanctuary.

The cubs are getting bigger and bigger

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Tshokwane - 05-24-2016

Bheema male, credits to Shadab Khan‎.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Ngala - 05-24-2016

Photo and information credits: Vishwa Kiran Photography
"Tigress nicknamed Krishna in Ranthambhore, looks over the ledge to check on the goings on in the gully below. It was fascinating to see her walk around inspecting her territory as we knew that there were other Tigers nearby and she suspected the same."

"Scent Marking
"Krishna" marks her territory as she came through the shrubs and thick dry grass."

"Tiger's gaze
One more from the series of Krishna's encounter in Ranthambhore. She was not at all camera shy!"

"Tiger heading your way!
Krishna ambled along the path of our vehicle and was not shy of us in the way."

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Sully - 05-25-2016

Could someone please link me the Emerland Forest doc? It's a long time since I've seen it and would love to go over it again. Of course if anyone has the time or if there's even a version online. Would really appreciate it thanks!

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - tigerluver - 05-25-2016

(05-25-2016, 02:59 AM)SVTIGRIS Wrote: Could someone please link me the Emerland Forest doc? It's a long time since I've seen it and would love to go over it again. Of course if anyone has the time or if there's even a version online. Would really appreciate it thanks!

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Sully - 05-25-2016

@tigerluver thank you very much!

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 05-25-2016

The mighty jai
This image was taken at gotangao
In jan 2016.
Isn't he a tank.
Photo credit : Allen jacob with Ronald Jacob Shabbi Sheikh Hafiz Patel Asif Ali
— at Umred Karhandla Wildlife Sanctuary.

" JaiChand "
The Big Boy Of UKWLS In Royal Pose
— with Rekha Chandrasegaran and Jitender Govindani at Umred Karhandla Wildlife Sanctuary.

Jamun tola Male(id courtesy Vijayarajan Muthu) at Road no 9 Kanha May 2016

— with Ajeet Gurditta and Jitender Govindani at Kanha Tiger Reserve.

Who's this guy @Vijay?

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 05-26-2016

Ankit Thukral

Tiger & Tigeress
Canon 5D Mark 2
Lens-150-600mm
Sambhar Road, CTR

Mukesh Korti

"Prince of Pench"
View in full screen
Pench Tiger Reserve,Maharshtra,India
May 2016
Feel free to share.......
Mukesh Korti Photography for Journey to the Jungle

Mukesh Korti Well he is not at all connected to the legendary Collarwali as well as Baghinnala, he is the resident tiger of Pench Maharashtra and not MP. His mother was none other than the famous tigress A-Mark of Nagzira who died recently. A-Mark is also the mother of famous tiger Jai from UKWLS, born in her second litter. Slowly & steadly after separation Prince migrated to Pench Maharashtra and became its resident. As far as BMW is concerned he keeps frequenting to the Maharashtra side of Pench also and can be identified easily among others.

This King in making obliged us by giving his precious time.
Banbehi Male Cub
View in full screen
Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve,Madhya Pradesh,India
April 2016
Feel free to share.......
Mukesh Korti Photography for Journey to the Jungle