WildFact
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India (/topic-b2-and-other-great-tiger-pics-from-india)

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 05-18-2016

Here is T24(ustad) with Noor (t39)

*This image is copyright of its original author

I'm not sure how noor compared to the likes of t17,t18 and t19 but assuming she is of similar size, Ustad is significantly taller, more robust and longer, which of course is the norm for any panthera species.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Sully - 05-18-2016

Unfortunate we won't see any more pics like that of the "Teacher"

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Vijay Rajan - 05-18-2016

(05-17-2016, 09:37 PM)ST2 from Sariska, she is a monster female, probably one of the largest ever weighed. 170kg at 3years old is the top tier of Tigress weight in my opinion. Wrote:
Hi Pckts,Thanks for sharing the info on Sariska.

No offence but I'd remain skeptical about the accuracy of the recorded weights of ST-2 (T-18) as well as ST-4 (T-12), both of whom I'd sighted & photographed quite a few times in Ranthambhore, prior to their translocation. Take a look at these 2 pics of [b]ST-4 (T-12), photographed a year after his arrival in Sariska to ascertain where my apprehensions stem from. Does he really look like a 170 Kg male is what baffles me. I'll try digging up my archives of 2007/08 for T-18's pics in the meantime.[/b]
[attachment=278][attachment=279]

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 05-18-2016

(05-18-2016, 09:35 AM)Vijay Rajan Wrote:
(05-17-2016, 09:37 PM)ST2 from Sariska, she is a monster female, probably one of the largest ever weighed. 170kg at 3years old is the top tier of Tigress weight in my opinion. Wrote:

No offence but I'd remain skeptical about the accuracy of the recorded weights of ST-2 (T-18) as well as ST-4 (T-12), both of whom I'd sighted & photographed quite a few times in Ranthambhore, prior to their translocation. Take a look at these 2 pics of [b]ST-4 (T-12), photographed a year after his arrival in Sariska to ascertain where my apprehensions stem from. Does he really look like a 170 Kg male is what baffles me. I'll try digging up my archives of 2007/08 for T-18's pics in the meantime.[/b]

It's hard for me to tell off of images, but obviously you know better than me.
My question would be this?
If he is said to weigh the same as T18, how do they compare to each other? Does she seem to be as large as him? Also, how does she strike you as a tigress? Does she seem to be larger than most?
She seems very large to me, but like I said, images are so hard to gauge accurately.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Vijay Rajan - 05-19-2016

(05-18-2016, 10:51 PM)Pckts Wrote:
(05-18-2016, 09:35 AM)Vijay Rajan Wrote:

It's hard for me to tell off of images, but obviously you know better than me.
My question would be this?
If he is said to weigh the same as T18, how do they compare to each other? Does she seem to be as large as him? Also, how does she strike you as a tigress? Does she seem to be larger than most?
She seems very large to me, but like I said, images are so hard to gauge accurately.
Pckts,

Of course she'd always been an average sized Female & was nowhere near to the size of ST-4 (T-12).

Of all the RTR females I've documented till date, I'd rate the Kachida Tigress (T-5) as one of the largest, closely followed by the late Meera (T-37) & Machali (T-16) in her prime. T-18 as well as her siblings T-17 & T-19 were of similar size (120-130 Kgs during 2008 is my educated guess). 

It's interesting that they've also got the ages of a few of the captured / translocated Tigers wrong. I reckon Machali produced her 4th litter of 3 Female cubs in Mid-2006. Hence T-18 (ST-2) was around 28-30 odd months old sub-adult when translocated. Likewise T-12 (ST-4) was born in a litter of 2 male cubs to the Guda Female in Mid-2003 (I've photographed him as a 4 month old cub & shall retrieve those old slides to be shared here) & hence was a 7 yr old Male in his prime at the time of translocation to Sariska (My educated guess is 220 Kgs easily at the time of capture).

I'm attaching images of ST-2 (T-18), the 1st one photographed in Sariska during Nov 2010 (2 yrs after translocation) & the 2nd one is from April 2011 (2.5 yrs after translocation). I'm sure you might agree that 170 Kgs does seem way off the mark for her in 2008, when she was just a 28-30 odd month old Female. Even if she'd indeed been 170 Kgs, she had to be bigger/taller/longer than Bittu or Srinivas of Umred, which I'm afraid she certainly wasn't !

Taking the above into consideration & also the fact that conventional & totally unreliable weighing scales (now obsolete) were used during those days, I wouldn't be surprised to know they did mess it all up while recording weights. While I'm no expert & neither do I know it all, I can't help but cast aspersions of their data. I hope the countless hours spent in the field to track, sight, photograph & document various litters of RTR does assert my line of thinking on the Sariska capture/release data.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - tigerluver - 05-19-2016

I'm reading faulty scales in more places than one (from Africa to Asia). I'm not exactly sure what to make of the reasoning behind it. Good hanging scales are well within the grants provided to scientists so finances should not be an issue. Are people not lifting these cats right? I wouldn't know, but I think something is wrong in the procedure and not the materials.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Tshokwane - 05-19-2016

Nothing in this life comes free, you earn it with sweat and blood, or you get nothing.

We salute you, emperor of the jungle. May your legacy live on through this forum and the memories of all wildlife lovers.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - sanjay - 05-19-2016

Thats great tribute to this legend , well done @Majingilane

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 05-21-2016

Very well done @Majingilane. Bamera will be missed by everyone. facebook search engine for Bamera is lit up. Rip

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Sully - 05-21-2016

A quick story

Well my friend usually makes fun of me (in a friendly way) about my love of tigers, like friends do you know? So today I showed him some pictures of Raja, Madla, and B2 (all tigers with massive guns) and he was instantly shocked and captivated by the sheer size and muscle of the animals. He said they looked mutated! I would've never gauged that reaction, especially from him. It seems the tiger has that special something about it that just draws people in leaving them in utter awe of the animals, something all of us here seem to have been contaminated with. And that makes me think how much of a power this forum could be. Just sharing our knowledge and images around could make more people interested in tigers (as the images I used were pretty much all from here) even the most cynical of people. Although he didn't turn tiger enthusiast straight away I learned quite alot from that. So my point is, we here could make a significant difference from here. It's been a pattern of these sorts of animal forums to be restricted to itself really and the members already there, and someone really has to take the initiative to get up to speed with pretty much everything tiger and/or other cat related (something I did, and I'm sure others did) and we should not underestimate the amount of time and real concentration it takes to do that which could repel people.

This forum has had success already but I belive it can fulfil a whole lot more potential. Maybe expanding this is the way to go, maybe more promotion, but I really do belive we can make many more people big cat and animal enthusiasts with relative ease.

Another example is when I showed my friend @HUMZA a picture of a giant kodiak and he was in disbelief. It really doesn't take much and making people more in touch and personal with these animals (in knowing names of animals and national parks) bringing a new wave of enthusiasts, and it could in turn help in conservation efforts, and the growth of this forum. 

Just a thought...

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 05-21-2016

welcome on board @HUMZA.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - sanjay - 05-21-2016

Thank you appreciating the forum @SVTIGRIS ,
Could you tell us in more specific way what could be done to get more exposer for this forum? We always like the suggestion and ideas by our member and encourage them to give feedback

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Sully - 05-21-2016

@sanjay I don't know an exact way really, maybe some promotion on social media, or cometetions/quizzes here making it more user friendly. Even just sharing some of the monsters like I did to my friends. Small things like that. Those are my immediate thoughts. I'd be interested in hearing other users suggestions as the collective is always stronger though.

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - sanjay - 05-23-2016

This is some rare image of tigers from one of the not very famous tiger dudhwa national park, Image credit by Kaushlendra Singh
Big male tiger from Dudhwa national park India

Tiger from dudhwa

RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Pckts - 05-23-2016

Anjan Lal

And Here's My Lovely Friend Maya!
Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve
India

Anjan Lal

Huge Male Tiger Pandu at C97 Waterhole